• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I guess this technically counts as a reaction thread, but its more so to raise questions over whats happening here in the background.
Konami's "Silent Hill Transmission" had unveiled 4 different Silent Hill game projects. Silent Hill 2 Remake by Bloober, Silent Hill Townfall by No Code, Silent Hill Ascension by GENVID and Silent Hill f by Neobards. Despite all these announcements, they havent announced the only name we have heard of ahead of the show

View: https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1574277795483729922

Silent Hill The Short Message was rated last month, meaning it should be something ready to launch very soon, and yet Konami only chose to reveal further away projects, we have also heard via rumor and leaks of a Silent Hill project codenamed Sakura, which was supposed to be a digital only release on PS5 and was scheduled for release originally for October of last year. The rumors suggested a short demo to ignite the revival of the Silent Hill franchise. The imagery in Silent Hill f seems to line up with a "Sakura" title but it seems to be basically Silent Hill 5, which is separate from the planned teaser demo for it. Are these projects one and the same? If so what do you think happened that it didnt show up here?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it'll be a Game Awards or TGS shadowdrop.

EDIT: Or a PlayStation showcase.

glow39

May 4, 2022
Whenever the next PlayStation thing happens most likely since it's a timed-exclusive.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Could be some sort of demo for Silent Hill f that could be revealed later when its closer to release

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe it'll be a Game Awards or TGS shadowdrop.

EDIT: Or a PlayStation showcase.

Yeah, I imagine something like this. They've opened the doors on more Silent Hill, get folks pumped, then stealth from or after-the-show drop at a Game Awards or Showcase.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
My questions is if Silent Hill F is even this game? Short message seems to be set in the UK in modern times and F is in 1960s Japan.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I guess its also possible The Short Message was one of the things shown today but the name has changed?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like he is speculating about it. Also seems rather unlikely given the rating happened after all of that leaked.

Yup. Given it's been rated I doubt it's cancelled. I'm actually just more interested in the fact that footage leaked. Thought there was only random screenshots

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
The game closest in relation to Sakura would be Silent Hill f. But Masahiro Ito isn't on SHf, while his name was attached to Sakura. Given the Sakura leak was from 2021 it seems that a lot of plans changed behind the scenes. As for The Short Message, no idea. But we never knew if Short Message and Sakura were connected either. There's a lot that's weird about it.

Was never rated anywhere but Korea, right?

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The game closest in relation to Sakura would be Silent Hill f. But Masahiro Ito isn't on SHf, while his name was attached to Sakura. Given the Sakura leak was from 2021 it seems that a lot of plans changed behind the scenes. As for The Short Message, no idea. But we never knew if Short Message and Sakura were connected either. There's a lot that's weird about it.

Was never rated anywhere but Korea, right?
No, but it is possible that they have just suppressed everyone else from rating it too after South Korea rated it, they are usually the first one's too so it would make sense.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Probably a demo that'll drop at some point, considering the name,

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
Aside from the Bloober Team demake, this was the biggest disappointment for me in the stream.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I feel this will be a shadow drop at the PS Showcase or TGA.

Crazy how today 4 SH games were announced and we have this still pending lol

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
It'll just be a playable teaser that they randomly drop. They are waiting for Halloween or something. It won't be at a playstation showcase (because there won't be one muhahahahaha).

petetnt

Oct 28, 2017
What if The Short Message was the Transmission, that's about a hour of footage anyway?

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Options seem to be:
  • It's a completely stand-alone project, just a short P.T.-style game but not actually related to a 'big' different game.
  • It's not stand-alone, but relates to a project that is further down the line and that hasn't been announced yet.
  • It's actually related to Silent Hill f, given some of the flower/plant motif aspects and that they both seem to star a bullied schoolgirl. Perhaps the game has different timezones and locations (60s Japan and contemporary USA?).
  • It's actually part of/related to SH Ascension.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the actress from the previous leaks, Fadile Waked, was hyping up the transmission prior to its release… and then was nowhere to be seen? Something tells me we haven't seen it all just yet.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020