• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
It was schedule for a "summer release" and we're almost halfway through the summer and, as far as I know, there's no date confirmed for Dark Souls on Switch.

1aa.jpg

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
I heard some rumblings around here about an August date but it seemed like speculation, so take that for what it is.

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
I search every day for news. It's always dry. No one even talks about the delay. It's like a memory and you're not even sure if it's real. Still my most anticipated release of this year.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Purposely delayed to September to make the Nintendo Online "attractive" (or not)
Summer will still last 2 more months.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I am gonna guess it had some performance issues, and they want to iron them out first - which is better than the usual "release then fix" approach many seem to adopt nowadays. If it is not hurting the bottom line for the company, then I am happy if they hold it back to get it right first... if that is actually why it is delayed.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
It almost certainly has to do with required network improvements that are coming with the paid service. This will be a showcase title for Nintendo's online subscription by the time it releases.

Keep in mind, Dark Souls requires a strong internet connection in order to provide the best overall experience for all players. Nintendo probably wants to guarantee that the game is up and running in full with zero problems before launching it.

Remember that thread where people argued over whether or not Dark Souls should have an easy mode? Well, a feature such as summoning is what can make or break the experience for a first-time Dark Souls player and the Switch audience is likely full of people who are going into DS like it's a brand new thing. The remaster needs to be pitch perfect.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
Expect a snap coming next week/in two weeks time announcement in August.

The idea being to not cannibalise any potential sales on the more powerful consoles they'll wait till the sales have completely dried up before doing a switch version

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
I am gonna guess it had some performance issues, and they want to iron them out first - which is better than the usual "release then fix" approach many seem to adopt nowadays. If it is not hurting the bottom line for the company, then I am happy if they hold it back to get it right first... if that is actually why it is delayed.
I just wish we knew what the issues really were. Some clarity would be nice. Blighttown was shown running at a solid 30 fps, so it's hard to imagine that other portions of the game were running that poorly. Everything we saw was running great. This is making me feel so defeated thinking about how bad I want to play again.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe by end of August or so. I have no rush for it since I just finished the PC version, but the Switch version seems MIA.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I've had the damn Solaire Amiibo preordered for months, at this point I'm almost more pissed about that than the actual game.

Cmc

Nov 1, 2017
I seen somewhere recently that it's release was now "Q3 2018", but I can't find it now

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Bamco got got Nintendos marketing support and then bailed on actually delivering the game on time ...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.