• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Me?

• SHUT UP i'm warning you

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • That's not even funny man

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Gongaga.

Votes: 32 60.4%

• Total voters

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

So between this, Kingdom Hearts and Stranger of Paradise i feel like Square Enix makes some of the most unintentionally funny games.

You can't even make it work that well on purpose.

Last edited:

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Someone on Twitter described Crisis Core as a normal guy surrounded entirely by anime and reacting to it accordingly and that is surprisingly accurate

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
FF games have always been fucking dumb and stupid and great, they started taking themselves too seriously starting with FF13

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like how Zack is just tired of everybody's bullshit. Still the best protagonist of anything to do with FF7.

megamanofnumbers

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
Crisis Core is a bonafide comedy. It's a damn shame the musical score didn't get the memo.

Real talk. I do think Crisis Core is a bit more laughable than Strangers of Paradise. Jack's game has devs that, I swear, feel like they're kind of in on the joke; Garland and his team basically spending most of the game like they're playing a DnD campaign that they REALLY don't like and are just trying to cutscene skip as quickly as possible to the final boss. Plus it has a GOAT AF ending.

Crisis Core is like the writers came up with some moving and emotional script, ran it through Google Translate 5 different times, and the animation team got the wrong Game Design Document and thought they were making some kind of comical Looney Tunes game. Crisis Core seems like the perfect monument to Game Development department miscommunication.

Nov 19, 2017
Crisis Core is the game that canonized the fact that Sephiroth uses an entire bottle of shampoo and conditioner when he showers. The game is ridiculous and 100% owns it.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man that 2nd clip killed me, pls bring back Genesis, poor Zack is being tortured with with anime poem dialogue .

megamanofnumbers

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Apr 28, 2022
Crisis Core is the game that canonized the fact that Sephiroth uses an entire bottle of shampoo and conditioner when he showers. The game is ridiculous and 100% owns it.
I mean, he would have to right? Unless Mako juice keeps you from sweating and producing skin oil, there's just no way he wouldn't need as much shampoo as possible to keep all that hair not disgusting looking! Even then, looking at his Remake model, it still doesn't work!

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Can you just imagine making an entire ass game out of a minor ancillary character who spends most of the story being a hazy figment of someone's imagination, and then that character turns out to be perplexingly popular

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
It's because Zack is trying to be normal but everyone else except maybe Sephiroth and Tseng are unhinged.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I had only seen Gongaga and Genesis memes before and now I'm even more excited to play this

Last edited:

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It's funny as hell because everything in those clips is played completely straight in this melodramatic ass game. Delivered with all the animation polish you can get feasibly get in a psp game.

Oct 25, 2017
I've COMPLETELY misread what kind of game this is. Wow. I mean take my money please, this tonal whiplash from all other FF7 content is fucking hilarious as fuck and I'm here for it.

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
Zack is a believable main character that reacts to be absurdity of the game in a way most people would

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
"Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess
We seek it thus, and take to the sky
Ripples form on the water's surface
The wandering soul knows no rest."

This game owns

-Not feeling Zack's new VA, but I guess I'm really used to the OG PSP one-

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
At the end of the day, one's response to Nojima's writing should be the same as their response to how miserable the world is: you are better off laughing at it, because it sure as hell isn't ever going to improve.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I've COMPLETELY misread what kind of game this is. Wow. I mean take my money please, this tonal whiplash from all other FF7 content is fucking hilarious as fuck and I'm here for it.
So yea just to be clear. This is not intentional comedy. It's absolutely hilarious because of how bad it is. It's the troll 2 of FFVII's really bad EU.