• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
So I've been waiting until 12am to download Yakuza: Like a Dragon because my internet connection is pretty shitty. When the time came, I went into the PS Store and found... The game at 59,99€. It doesn't appear as bought at all, and if I go into my library, I can actually find it, but as a different SKU. Instead of "Yakuza: Like a Dragon PS4 & PS5" it just appears as "Yakuza: Like a Dragon", with its only platform being PS4. Is this happening to anyone else right now? I'll call Sony tomorrow in the morning if it's not fixed by then.

EDIT: Here's two pictures showing the different SKUs. The first one is the one in my library (not showing up on the PS Store), only PS4 version. The second one is the one on the Store, it has PS4 and PS5 versions, and it's full price. If I check the Game Versions on that one, I can only see the "Hero" and "Legendary Hero" editions, both at full price as well.
jpIY97P.jpg

GRSAnl9.jpg

Last edited:

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Who'll tell him

edit: wow I posted this is in the damn wrong form and thread. Wow. Anyway OP it's not out-on PS5 AFAIK

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
and if I go into my library, I can actually find it, but as a different SKU. Instead of "Yakuza: Like a Dragon PS4 & PS5" it just appears as "Yakuza: Like a Dragon", with its only platform being PS4.
do you have the right version selected?

ps5 does weird things with versions of games

press the option button when selecting a game and scroll down to "Game Version", and be sure to select PS5 | Game Name

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i have the physical ps5 version and yeah: something is wrong. there are some mini games you cannot play. it shows you a block of text "please update to the latest version to unlock". the dual sense is also not supported (aside from the standard vibration).

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
i have the physical ps5 version and yeah: something is wrong. there are some mini games you cannot play. it shows you a block of text "please update to the latest version to unlock". the dual sense is also not supported (aside from the standard vibration).
Isn't there some DLC for the pachinko games on the other versions?

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
I have a physical copy of the PS5 version, the store page on the game info actually takes me to the PS4 version. It's a bit weird.

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
Possible Sony just hasn't put the download up yet? Might be a different scenario as it's an upgrade but I'm not really sure.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just gonna piggyback off this thread because it still astounds me this showed up when I downloaded PS5 SKU game last night

2Q.png

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
I have the PS4 disc version, and found 'Yakuza Like a Dragon free PS5 upgrade' on the store, I started downloading it OK - from New Zealand though, not sure if maybe it's messed up per region?

Oct 27, 2017
How does installing a PS5 version off a PS4 disc work? Do you insert the disc, cancel the download, and find the PS5 version on the store?

Edit: Radnom literally answered this as I hit reply... (thanks!)

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
It's supposed to be out on March 2nd, and it's 0:12 right now where I live. I've never had any issues downloading games at midnight when they came out.
PS5 delivery sucks. I had issues with Rainbow Six Siege but it fixed automatically.

Download the PS4 version and see if it allows you to pick PS5 version from UI (press options when selecting a game, it might show other versions).

No excuses though, Sony dropped a massive ball when it comes to upgrades. It's all separate SKUs, and one mistake can prevent you from playing it.

OP
OP
MGPanda

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
PS5 delivery sucks. I had issues with Rainbow Six Siege but it fixed automatically.

Download the PS4 version and see if it allows you to pick PS5 version from UI (press options when selecting a game, it might show other versions).

No excuses though, Sony dropped a massive ball when it comes to upgrades. It's all separate SKUs, and one mistake can prevent you from playing it.
Nope, absolutely nothing new if I try to download the PS4 version, just the same thing as on the first screenshot on the OP. Gotta say, I haven't had any issues whatsoever with PS4->PS5 upgrades so far (until now, that is), but it's incredibly poorly done for sure.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to turn this thread into console war garbage but when they announced Smart Delivery on Xbox Series X|S I kinda cocked my eyebrow, wondering why this was something they'd even bother to mention or make a big deal out of. Then I saw how Playstation handles this stuff and every day I'm happy I don't have to deal with this. What a complete blunder.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just gonna piggyback off this thread because it still astounds me this showed up when I downloaded PS5 SKU game last night

2Q.png
Yeah... Sony needs to figure out a better solution for this and coordinate with devs to implement it because that's just silly to a point that it's indefensible really
I don't want to turn this thread into console war garbage but when they announced Smart Delivery on Xbox Series X|S I kinda cocked my eyebrow, wondering why this was something they'd even bother to mention or make a big deal out of. Then I saw how Playstation handles this stuff and every day I'm happy I don't have to deal with this. What a complete blunder.
IKR

I've got a PS5 and I love it, but as someone who got really comfortable with the Xbox and PS4 UIs as they improved over the years... the PS5 UI and user experience needs substantial improvement.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It comes out fucking tomorrow? Fuck yeah I had no idea. Time to crack my ps4 version open.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017

2Q.png
Wow someone at Sega messed up hard. It should just show a PS4 or a PS5 version. Every other crossgen game does that (if you got both versions/free upgrade, like Miles or Sackboy). I have no idea whats going on with that menu. Repeats of the same game with the various deluxe/special editions too, mixed with variants of PS4 or PS5 versions with.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Yeah this is super confusing. I have the PS4 digital version, and no idea how I can actually download the PS5 version.

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
OP, it looks like in that second image it hasn't launched yet? Maybe? Just looking at the date on the right hand side. Maybe it's still not fully up yet.. just speculating though.

And yeah that image with that huge list of versions, what a mess.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Of course there is people blaming Sony for a thing that it's Sega fault and perfectly works with other games.
The problem here is Sega putting on the Store a single "PS4 & PS5" sku, and that's not like things work on PS5.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Of course there is people blaming Sony for a thing that it's Sega fault and perfectly works with other games.
The problem here is Sega putting on the Store a single "PS4 & PS5" sku, and that's not like things work on PS5.
perfectly is a bit of a stretch, to this day i have to specifically pick the right version of certain games from the library screen like with miles morales, which i don't even own the PS4 version for

it's sega's fault for this specific mess but there's clearly something that needs to be fixed in sony's certification that allowed them to name the skus like this

Mooksoup

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I updated from PS4 physical disc to PS5 version at 12:30am in Australia last night. (with the disc in my system)
But i had to search through the different versions on the store, until I found the one that offered the Free upgrade from disc.
Might be worth checking the different versions and see if its available for you yet.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Sega fucked up. Haven't had issues like this with games like Nioh 2.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

2Q.png
for the 20 odd times I see this confusing mess happening to people on this forum, I'm just reminded of the incessant:

"Smart Delivery is just a MS marketing term for crossbuy"

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Sony fucked up royally when thinking through the PS4 <-> PS5 software transition, a really, really set of shitty decisions has been made that will have repercussions for years. Xbox smart delivery is such a huge invisible better way of handling things.

For example I pre-purchased Hitman 3 deluxe edition a few days before release. I can play it just fine, but if I browse the PSN store I can "rebuy" it. I think. I dunno if it'll stop me at the last page of checkout or let me pay $60 again.

They tend to fix it up pretty quickly, so if you can't see the right thing to download probably just waiting a few hours to fix it will make it work, but man they really, really, really need to spend some time redesigning their entire deployment, package, and trophy system so its all one unified game and save system like the xbox, regardless of the platform, edition, etc. Its WAY too easy to get into the weeds on a PS5.

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I updated from PS4 physical disc to PS5 version at 12:30am in Australia last night. (with the disc in my system)
But i had to search through the different versions on the store, until I found the one that offered the Free upgrade from disc.
Might be worth checking the different versions and see if its available for you yet.
You don't have to search on the Store, in the game page where it says you copy there's a icon with the PS5 free upgrade, it's just easy.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I went to my library and tried to download the PS5 version. It's downloading Destruction Allstars instead.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Can someone post when the PS5 upgrade is up on the US store?
I'm dying to play it- I just don't want to cock it up.

OP
OP
MGPanda

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Store updates overnight, it'll probably take another hour or so for it to correctly show up. Only with pre-loads the games truly unlock at midnight.
Hm, might be just that. I clearly recall downloading new games at midnight, but yeah, most of them were preorders, and certainly none of them on my PS5.
I went to my library and tried to download the PS5 version. It's downloading Destruction Allstars instead.
lmao what
I have checked every version so far, and they all appear as full price. Hopefully it'll be fixed by tomorrow morning.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly thought this game didn't support free upgrades so this thread just saved me from rebuying it digitally a few months down the line

Dunno why I bounced off it, maybe it was just knowing it'd be better on PS5?

Aight, at least I know this is not an isolated issue

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I can confirm, either Sega or Sony fucked this up.

The PS4/PS5 version seems to be another SKU on PSN than the previous PS4 version and there's no upgrade path available as of yet.

I can still download the original PS4 version but there's a giant link to buy the "full game" for €59.99 on the store.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Sony truly fucked up the PS5 store.
I think this is on Sega. Other crossgen games with free upgrades don't show a lot of versions like that. Just the PS4 or PS5 version. Digital deluxe/ultimate/gold (whatever they will call it) don't show up in the menu when you go to select what version you want.

OP
OP
MGPanda

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Yeah, I can confirm, either Sega or Sony fucked this up.

The PS4/PS5 version seems to be another SKU on PSN than the previous PS4 version and there's no upgrade path available as of yet.

I can still download the original PS4 version but there's a giant link to buy the "full game" for €59.99 on the store.
We seem to be in the exact same situation then. The link wasn't there a few minutes ago but... But now it's there, lmao. "You like the game? Buy it again for 59,99€!"
I honestly thought this game didn't support free upgrades so this thread just saved me from rebuying it digitally a few months down the line

Dunno why I bounced off it, maybe it was just knowing it'd be better on PS5?
Don't blame you. The whole situation has been pretty fucked up from the very beginning, and putting personal gripes that I might have with them alienating what's arguably their biggest fanbase aside, it's been handled poorly to say the least. Like, the free upgrade wasn't confirmed until, I believe, after the game was out on Xbox platforms.

ITBEATS

Oct 30, 2017
So is this a Sega fuck up? Stayed up late to give it a shot as I was pretty hyped.

Is there a workaround or should I just go to bed? LAWL.