• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowlf

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Do you find yourself saying "I have this great idea, but I can't make a thread. What do I do?" Do you find yourself saying "I have these great thread starting privileges, but no ideas for a thread. What do I do? If your answer is "yes" to either of those questions, then this thread may be for you.

As you know, anybody who joined after the site went "live" with open registration cannot make a thread until they've been a member for 60 days and have accumulated 100 posts. We've received a bunch of requests recently from people without thread starting privileges asking "what can I do to start a thread?" Well here's your chance.

If you have an idea for a thread but cannot start one, post in this thread that you're looking for help making a thread and describe what your thread would be about.

If you have shiny thread-making privileges, feel free to take a look at requests in this thread to help out a fellow ResetEra user.

Once your thread has been posted by another user, please edit your original submission post to indicate that the thread has been posted. Something like "Thread has been posted" should be sufficient.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
ooh, so there is not really a distinction between full members with thread privileges and new member with no thread privileges?

sorry if this is off topic

darscot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While driving to work today, I drove by a Movie/TV Series location that was marked with those little colored signs labeled Zelda. I posted this in a couple of Nintendo threads wondering if anyone knew what it was. It could be just be a code for something else but it made me double take. The filming was all back from the road so I couldn't see anything. The set was was in Burnaby BC. Anyone know what it was?

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
If anyone need a thread created just quote me.

Glad to help

Thank you!

I'm not even sure how to phrase this

Topic title

'Best Robot Buddy for a 7 year old with coding capabilities?'

Thread:

My son wants a robot buddy for Christmas that is fun/talks/takes commands. He saw the Cozmo and wanted that.

I did research it and apparently they released something called Code Lab and is supposed to be releasing Scratch for it soon?

I also saw Dash/dot, and that looks like a more robust coding toy, but maybe not as interactive/ fun buddy?

I also saw a robot called Max, that looks like you can do a different bunch of things, but maybe no coding options?

What does ERA recommend, which ones have you used, what about your kids?

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Just realized my idea was better on the other post, but I'll leave my PS to give thanks.

P.S. To the Admin who started the thread, thank you. I didn't know how else to ask for help, so this thread is definitely a kind gesture for those of us who have to wait a bit beforehand. ^__^

Last edited:

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Thank you!

I'm not even sure how to phrase this

Topic title

'Best Robot Buddy for a 7 year old with coding capabilities?'

Thread:

My son wants a robot buddy for Christmas that is fun/talks/takes commands. He saw the Cozmo and wanted that.

I did research it and apparently they released something called Code Lab and is supposed to be releasing Scratch for it soon?

I also saw Dash/dot, and that looks like a more robust coding toy, but maybe not as interactive/ fun buddy?

I also saw a robot called Max, that looks like you can do a different bunch of things, but maybe no coding options?

What does ERA recommend, which ones have you used, what about your kids?

Here you go

https://www.resetera.com/threads/be...-coding-capabilities-by-bringbacksonics.2933/

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
Someone should start a thread for The Wire. The greatest tv show should have a thread here. Other than that Ill wait my 58 days.

GalacticToast

Oct 25, 2017
Question, if I adopt a user with an amazing thread idea, is the credit shared? Can I ride their coattails to ResetERA fame and fortune?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be able to do a thread for The Wire any justice. :( If you have text/pictures, I could put it up, but I couldn't make it on my own.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I want to make a topic about hitting your kids while eating pineapple pizza during a Trump rally held in Israel

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone in the UK make a thread about the Tory sleaze list please.

Actually doesn't have to someone in the UK but I assume people not from the UK won't be interested.

Amory

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just looking for an NBA 2k18 thread lol

I'm shocked there doesn't appear to be one.

Also I thought I was able to post threads as a....erm....migrant? But I guess not

Edit: sorry, this is OT. Will make the request on the other side

Lateralus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I would like to make a Hang-Out for the Joe Rogan Experience that also encompasses the whole Death Squad podcast/associated types (Joey Diaz/Tom Segura and Christina P/Ari/Red Ban etc..)

If any other fans are up for it..

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone in the UK make a thread about the Tory sleaze list please.

Actually doesn't have to someone in the UK but I assume people not from the UK won't be interested.

self-quote. C'mon!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...readsheet-of-sexual-allegations-alarms-tories
https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/925363809748955142

When you only need a handful of Tories to resign before the government effectively falls and you've got 36 names on a sex-pest list, it's a big story, potentially huge story because of what it could lead to.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is there a place to recommend a user or to recommend a bypass in the free email ban?

m o n s t e r

Oct 25, 2017
under your bed
Wait, you have to have 100 posts AND 60 days under your belt?

:::(

But...but I'm the loveable Draper from gaf!!
Anyone who missed discord waves and joined when open registration was started, is a junior member to cut back on trolls. Maybe someone in the mod team might take pitty and assist you lol.
If not, thankfully the requirements aren't too bad to become a full fledged member!

Draper

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
Anyone who missed discord waves and joined when open registration was started, is a junior member to cut back on trolls. Maybe someone in the mod team might take pitty and assist you lol.
If not, thankfully the requirements aren't too bad to become a full fledged member!

Yeah, an exception would be nice since I've been crossing the country the past weeks, but either way, I'm a patient dude :p

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to have an OT for grad students. We had one on the last iteration of this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.