• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Thread Title: Coolest Images of Fictional Groups/Teams

I honestly just want to see some cool images of the cast of characters in shows, films, manga, comics, games and whatever else. I would prefer them to be official as I love seeing the various ways in which authors/artists choose to represent their characters but if they're fanart it's fine as well.

Here are some that I find extremely cool:

FcKX3.jpg

The Phantom Thieves of Hearts - Persona 5

This is honestly the inspiration for this thread. Persona 5 is my favorite game of all time, this is my favorite fictional team of all time and since getting the Persona 5 Art Book a few days ago, I've been spending a lot of time just staring at this image. I just love the way all of them are depicted, especially Makoto, who appropriately looks like someone you do not want to mess with, and Joker, who seems so confident despite just how important his actions are. This image feels like they're walking to their destination on the final day of the Palace and "Life Will Change" is playing in the background. This is simply my favorite artwork of a cast of characters and looking at it only brings fond memories of my 3 playthroughs of P5 and the stories of every single one of those characters, who I all love more than the vast majority of fictional characters (yes, even Akechi).
(There are other excellent images of the Phantom Thieves but I'll wait and see if others post them. Hell, half this thread could just be group shots of the various crews from the Persona series and I'd be fine with that)

latest

Dragon Team (or Z Fighters and co.) - Dragon Ball

Shot of the cast of Dragon Ball at the end of the story. Just a fantastically well-drawn image of some of the coolest characters in manga history. It's impossible for me to look at this without smiling.

0.png

rsz_210.png

True Cross Academy Exwires - Blue Exorcist

Another one I love from Blue Exorcist, which is my favorite manga. This one is the cover of Volume 14 of the manga and it doesn't actually show all the main cast because this is from an arc where they storm an enemy base to save one of their friends (a true Shonen Manga classic). This is here purely because of how cool they look. I'm a sucker for seeing characters standing despite battle injuries, their uniforms look really cool and I especially like the poses of Rin (Center) drawing his blade, Yukio (Top Left) with his pistol and Suguro (Top Right) with his bazooka.

Plenty of other group shots that I love but I feel like three is enough for the OP. Also, the images I've chosen may make you think otherwise, images from western media are obviously welcome as well. Now bring on the cool group shots!

Last edited:

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I wanted to start a thread about the recently announced X-Men Red comic that Jean's gonna lead and today Marvel released a teaser for it's cast but now I know I still can't create one lol

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I wanted to start a thread about the recently announced X-Men Red comic that Jean's gonna lead and today Marvel released a teaser for it's cast but now I know I still can't create one lol
I'll make it for you if you can give me a body and title to work with.
Thread Title: Coolest Images of Fictional Groups/Teams

I honestly just want to see some cool images of the cast of characters in shows, films, manga, comics, games and whatever else. I would prefer them to be official as I love seeing the various ways in which authors/artists choose to represent their characters but if they're fanart it's fine as well.

Here are some that I find extremely cool:

FcKX3.jpg

The Phantom Thieves of Hearts - Persona 5

This is honestly the inspiration for this thread. Persona 5 is my favorite game of all time, this is my favorite fictional team of all time and since getting the Persona 5 Art Book a few days ago, I've been spending a lot of time just staring at this image. I just love the way all of them are depicted, especially Makoto, who appropriately looks like someone you do not want to mess with, and Joker, who seems so confident despite just how important his actions are. This image feels like they're walking to their destination on the final day of the Palace and "Life Will Change" is playing in the background. This is simply my favorite artwork of a cast of characters and looking at it only brings fond memories of my 3 playthroughs of P5 and the stories of every single one of those characters, who I all love more than the vast majority of fictional characters (yes, even Akechi).
(There are other excellent images of the Phantom Thieves but I'll wait and see if others post them. Hell, half this thread could just be group shots of the various crews from the Persona series and I'd be fine with that)

latest

Dragon Team (or Z Fighters and co.) - Dragon Ball

Shot of the cast of Dragon Ball at the end of the story. Just a fantastically well-drawn image of some of the coolest characters in manga history. It's impossible for me to look at this without smiling.

0.png

rsz_210.png

True Cross Academy Exwires - Blue Exorcist

Another one I love from Blue Exorcist, which is my favorite manga. This one is the cover of Volume 14 of the manga and it doesn't actually show all the main cast because this is from an arc where they storm an enemy base to save one of their friends (a true Shonen Manga classic). This is here purely because of how cool they look. I'm a sucker for seeing characters standing despite battle injuries, their uniforms look really cool and I especially like the poses of Rin (Center) drawing his blade, Yukio (Top Left) with his pistol and Suguro (Top Right) with his bazooka.

Plenty of other group shots that I love but I feel like three is enough for the OP. Also, the images I've chosen may make you think otherwise, images from western media are obviously welcome as well. Now bring on the cool group shots!
Was gonna do this for you just now but I see Cornbread has got covered in the other thread lol.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Title: Your Favorite Fictional Ninja (It's Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow).

Body: These are the only to right answers
NEgILFTYsSjnkn_1_2.jpg

Why because 80's GI Joe was awesome.

Feel free to be wrong if you want.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I think someone should make a post about GQ Magazine naming Colin Kaepernick "Citizen of the Year"

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/360067-gq-names-kaepernick-citizen-of-the-year
Sure give me a sec
Lol made the thread but somebody else had already posted it so oops
Amazon officially announced they're making The Lord of the Rings TV series adaption and possible spin-off series too.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...pt-J.R.R.-Tolkien’s-Globally-Renowned-Fantasy
Lmao ignore my thread someone else made it when I was typing it up

Title: Your Favorite Fictional Ninja (It's Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow).

Body: These are the only to right answers
NEgILFTYsSjnkn_1_2.jpg

Why because 80's GI Joe was awesome.

Feel free to be wrong if you want.
Will post to see the world burn.
(https://www.resetera.com/threads/yo...-snake-eyes-or-storm-shadow.5826/#post-903005) it's live

Last edited:

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone want to assist with this EtcetEra thread?

https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...ckoning-with-bill-clintons-sex-crimes/545729/

The Atlantic: Bill Clinton: A Reckoning

The most remarkable thing about the current tide of sexual assault and harassment accusations is not their number. If every woman in America started talking about the things that happen during the course of an ordinary female life, it would never end. Nor is it the power of the men involved; history instructs us that for countless men, the ability to possess women sexually is not a spoil of power; it's the point of power. What's remarkable is that these women are being believed.

Most of them don't have police reports or witnesses or physical evidence; many of them are recounting events that transpired years—sometimes decades—ago. In some cases, their accusations are validated by a vague, carefully couched quasi-admission of guilt; in others they are met with outright denial. It doesn't matter. We believe them. Moreover, we have finally come to some kind of national consensus about the workplace; it naturally fosters a level of romance and flirtation, but the line between those impulses and the sexual predation of a boss is clear.

How vitiated Bill Clinton seemed at the last Democratic convention. Some of his appetites, at least, had waned; his wandering, "Norwegian Wood" speech about his wife struck the nostalgic notes of a husband's fiftieth anniversary toast, and the crowd—for the most part—indulged it in that spirit. Clearly, he was no longer thinking about tomorrow. With a pencil neck and a sagging jacket he clambered gamely onto the stage after Hillary's acceptance speech and played happily with the red balloons that fell from the ceiling.

When the couple repeatedly reminded the crowd of their new status as grandparents it was to suggest very different associations in voters' minds. Hillary's grandmotherhood was evoked to suggest the next phase in her lifelong work on behalf of women and children—in this case forging a bond with the millions of American grandmothers who are doing the hard work of raising the next generation, while their own adult children muddle through life. But Bill's being a grandfather was intended to send a different message: Don't worry about him anymore; he's old now. He won't get into those messes again.

Yet let us not forget the sex crimes of which the younger, stronger Bill Clinton was very credibly accused in the 1990s. Juanita Broaddrick reported that when she was a volunteer on one of his gubernatorial campaigns, she had arranged to meet him in a hotel coffee shop. At the last minute, he had changed the location to her room in the hotel, where she says he very violently raped her. She said she fought against Clinton throughout a rape that left her bloodied. At a different Arkansas hotel, he caught sight of a minor state employee named Paula Jones, and, Jones says, he sent a couple of state troopers to invite her to his suite, where he exposed his penis to her and told her to kiss it. Kathleen Willey said that she met him in the Oval Office for personal and professional advice and that he groped her, rubbed his erect penis on her, and pushed her hand to his crotch.

The Democratic Party needs to make its own reckoning of the way it protected Bill Clinton. The party needs to come to terms with the fact that it was so enraptured by their brilliant, Big Dog president and his stunning string of progressive accomplishments that it abandoned some of its central principles. The party was on the wrong side of history and there are consequences for that. Yet expedience is not the only reason to make this public accounting. If it is possible for politics and moral behavior to coexist, then this grave wrong needs to be acknowledged. If Weinstein and Mark Halperin and Louis C.K. and all the rest can be held accountable, so can our former president and so can his party, which so many Americans so desperately need to rise again.

Read the rest here

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
I'd like a volunteer to create a thread for me.

MathEra |OT| - <can't really think of a headline>

Anyone have any ideas for a headline? The old forum thread was just called "The Math Help Thread" but I feel like we need a reset on the title.

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested in getting a sorta "Video production and film making" OT if anyone would like to help get it posted!

EDIT: Thread has been posted!

Last edited:

Matesamo

Nov 1, 2017
Rhode Island
Star Wars Rebels |OT| Counting down to a New Hope and the Last Jedi

star-wars-rebels-season-four-key-art-1023692.jpg

Season 4
Returns from mid-season break in early 2018 with the final episodes leading up to Star Wars: A New Hope and Rogue One.

Episodes Aired
  • Monday, 10/16 – "Heroes of Mandalore" Parts 1 & 2
  • Monday, 10/23 – "In the Name of the Rebellion" Parts 1 & 2
  • Monday, 10/30 – "The Occupation" and "Flight of the Defender"
  • Monday, 11/6 – "Kindred" and "Crawler Commandeers"
  • Monday, 11/13 – "Rebel Assault"
The final seven episodes are coming in early 2018.

Rumors
Why does Star Wars: Rebels have it's first mid-season break ever right before Episode IIX and comes back after the movie is released? Are Snoke and a major character Rebels character perhaps related?

Hera and Chopper have recently been confirmed have survived through the end of Return of the Jedi via a Forces Of Destiny short but what of Ezra, Kanan, Zeb and Sabine?

Will other legacy characters appear in the final episodes? Will the series ending tie directly into Rogue One, A New Hope or perhaps something else? What is the new animated series Dave Filoni working on?

Legacy
After the Clone Wars cartoon was unexpectedly cancelled and Rebels was announced there was an immediate fan backlash. Much like the backlash to the Clone Wars, where fans focused their ire on teenager Ahsoka, this time fans complained about the character of Ezra. With his static hair and Aladdin like appearance fans vowed to never watch the show. Those who did watch were treated to one of the best cartoons in years as the new characters were integrated into canon and legacy characters like Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Saw Gerrera, Mon Mothma, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Thrawn made appearances. The canon was fleshed out through the show, tie-in novels, and comic books; the Star Wars universe is richer for all the shows contributions.

Highlights (except season 4 - no spoilers)
  • Kanan and Ezra fight the Inquisitor (S1)
  • Fulcrom was revealed to be the code name for Ahsoka Who was confirmed to have survived episode 3. (S1)
  • The rebellion is officially formed. (S1)
  • Vader fights Ahsoka and an iconic image is born! (S2)
vader%20anakin%20rebels.png

• Yoda guides Ezra and Kanan through the Jedi trials (S2)
  • Ahsoka finally finds out what happened to her former master Anakin Skywalker (S2)
  • The final meeting of Obi-Wan and Darth Maul (S3)
  • Captain Rex fights one last Clone Wars battle (S3)
  • The fate of Geonosis (S3)
  • Thrawn is canon once more! (S3)
Star-Wars-Rebels-3.20-Thrawn-Kallus.jpg

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone make this thread?

Thousands of scientists issue bleak 'second notice' to humanity

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...umanity/ar-BBEVmmA?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

In late 1992, 1,700 scientists from around the world issued a dire "warning to humanity." They said humans had pushed Earth's ecosystems to their breaking point and were well on the way to ruining the planet. The letter listed environmental impacts like they were biblical plagues — stratospheric ozone depletion, air and water pollution, the collapse of fisheries and loss of soil productivity, deforestation, species loss and catastrophic global climate change caused by the burning of fossil fuels.

"If not checked," wrote the scientists, led by particle physicist and Union of Concerned Scientists co-founder Henry Kendall, "many of our current practices put at serious risk the future that we wish for human society and the plant and animal kingdoms, and may so alter the living world that it will be unable to sustain life in the manner that we know."

But things were only going to get worse.
Scientists are in the business of analyzing data and looking at the long-term consequences," Ripple said in a release. "Those who signed this second warning aren't just raising a false alarm. They are acknowledging the obvious signs that we are heading down an unsustainable path. We are hoping that our paper will ignite a widespread public debate about the global environment and climate."

soo seems like we just don't get the message, looks like we're screwed.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody wanna help me with this thread? It's called....

Title: It's Okay to be White

Body: So there's this "slogan" or "campaign" that's been popping up here and there on the internet (originating on 4chan to promote their agenda, or something) that states "It's Okay to be White"

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/10/its-ok-be-white-campaign-rankles-higher-education/

The alt-right have been going around and putting up "It's Okay to be White" flyers around college campuses. In order to play up the "white victimization" narrative due to an increase in working competition from minorities (They took our jobs, yadda yadda) they make whites look like the victim to make other white people join them. The intention is, that by arguing against the concept "It's Okay to be White" you are promoting racism against white people by saying it's not okay to be white. When obviously the intention of this campaign is to make PoCs look like racists and make white people feel victimized.

Have you guys encountered this before? Do you think their strategy is effective? What can we do to counter this "movement" if you even want to call it that?

(And that's my thread! I feel interesting discussion could come from it. Feel free to add whatever you think is necessary person who adopts this post!)

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
Could they make a Spiderverse movie and make all the Spiderman moves connect somehow? Allowing for movies like Venom and Morbius not need to be in an MCU universe?
For instance I saw a cartoon Ultimate Spiderman where he meets Spider-gwen, Miles Morales, Spiderman 2099 etc. While chasing after The Green Goblin.
Could they in theory make a movie and bring back Toby McGuire, Andrew Garfield...and introduce characters like Spider-Gwen? (Emma Stone) Tom Hardy can be Venom too. And just open up the idea of the multiverse. Let marvel make the movie and it can draw inspiration from e Back To The Future 2. Maybe add Doctor Strange to the mix. Probably needs to be a duology to be done right. Then this way Sony can make movies with Tom hardy's venom and other rogue villains while Tom Holland Spiderman can remain in MCU. With Sony dead set in doing the Venom movie...then this could be a decent compromise right?

Last edited:

Trekkie

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The whole idea of needing 100 post to create a thread is kinda idiotic. (Especially since the majority of us came from that other forum and had thousands of post over the years) guess it will take me forever since I'm not the type to spam threads with random nonsense.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
The whole idea of needing 100 post to create a thread is kinda idiotic. (Especially since the majority of us came from that other forum and had thousands of post over the years) guess it will take me forever since I'm not the type to spam threads with random nonsense.
I can understand the reasoning behind it, but it is frustrating as a former member. How many threads recommended in here actually get made?

Grath

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If someone is interested, Boston Dynamics published a video of their newest robot, SpotMini which might be thread-worthy. (Boston Dynamics was sold to the Japanese Softbank Group this summer.) It's not a gif-worthy video like the old ones where they abused robots, but I liked it still.

Oct 29, 2017
I was gonna make an OT thread on the old forum about King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, and I still might, later this year once the 5 album plan is realized, but I thought this might be worthy of a post:
https://www.facebook.com/kinggizzardandthelizardwizard/posts/1778783645467864

Title: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard releases 4th album this year for free (as in, FREE)

Body:
The insanely prolific King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard, unhappy with ONLY releasing 5 albums this year, and touring every second in between, have decided to take the release of their 4th album differently: It's free. Not like, go to bandcamp and enter $0 to donwload it as free, but free as in there is NO WAY TO GIVE THE BAND MONEY FOR IT.

An official statement by the band can be found here. The band will be distrubuting 320k MP3s as well as high quality wave files, PLUS all the mastering files to release official bootlegs of the album on CD and Vinyl. Label Blood Musicalready has preorders up for US and Canada, with Stolen Body Records picking up the slack in the UK, and All Things Loud doing EU pressings. Even more are to come as fans are working out details on kickstarters and their own official pressings. The lead single off the album can be heard here.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Rand Paul just announced that he will introduce an amendment to the proposed tax reform bill in order to repeal the ACA's individual mandate, effectively destroying the healthcare marketplace.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like a volunteer to create a thread for me.

MathEra |OT| - <can't really think of a headline>

Anyone have any ideas for a headline? The old forum thread was just called "The Math Help Thread" but I feel like we need a reset on the title.

I'm interested in getting a sorta "Video production and film making" OT if anyone would like to help get it posted!

Anyone like to make a classic JDM owners thread?

I would be happy to make these if you PM a title and completed OP and you have searched both Etcetera and Etcetera Hangouts for them.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody wanna help me with this thread? It's called....

Title: It's Okay to be White

Body: So there's this "slogan" or "campaign" that's been popping up here and there on the internet (originating on 4chan to promote their agenda, or something) that states "It's Okay to be White"

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/nov/10/its-ok-be-white-campaign-rankles-higher-education/

The alt-right have been going around and putting up "It's Okay to be White" flyers around college campuses. In order to play up the "white victimization" narrative due to an increase in working competition from minorities (They took our jobs, yadda yadda) they make whites look like the victim to make other white people join them. The intention is, that by arguing against the concept "It's Okay to be White" you are promoting racism against white people by saying it's not okay to be white. When obviously the intention of this campaign is to make PoCs look like racists and make white people feel victimized.

Have you guys encountered this before? Do you think their strategy is effective? What can we do to counter this "movement" if you even want to call it that?

(And that's my thread! I feel interesting discussion could come from it. Feel free to add whatever you think is necessary person who adopts this post!)

SweetNicole Is this thread fine to make? I will do it if there's no objection.

Up

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-okay-to-be-white-a-campaign-on-college-campuses-in-usa.6083/

Last edited:

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Here's an example of alleged sexual misconduct that seems to be going under the radar due to it being related relative no-names the academic community:

http://www.chronicle.com/article/2-...3068598&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

But it's Stanford, which means in the current context, this should be a bigger deal.

What does it take to be able to make threads, anyway?
If you can give me a title and are still sure nobody made a thread about it yet I'll make it for you.

For full membership status you need to have had your account for 2 months and have 100 posts made on that account.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Sex, Drugs, and the Public Library"
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/inves...-Angeles-Library-System-I-Team-457247783.html

At the Downtown Central Library, a man outside the building offered an undercover NBC4 I-Team producer what he said was crystal meth.

On other days, outside Hollywood's Goldwyn Library, a building designed by famed architect Frank Gehry, NBC4's hidden cameras captured people injecting what appeared to be heroin, as well as smoking what appeared to be crystal meth, crack cocaine and marijuana. One man our undercover producer met inside the library offered her what he said was the drug Ecstasy. Later that day, I-Team cameras captured the same man trying to steal a bicycle locked on the library fence.

NBC4 also found used syringes and condoms littering the ground in front of the Pio Pico branch in Koreatown.
"There's always something going on," said Harriet Zaretsky, who lives in an apartment with a balcony that overlooks Goldwyn Library. "[It's] either a drug deal, or a hooker..."

Zaretsky told the I-Team she's complained to the library at least 20 times about illegal activity, but said she's never seen library staff, police officers or security guards respond.
According to a memorandum of agreement signed by the Los Angeles Public Library (LAPL) and the Los Angeles Police Department, the LAPD is required to provide security "at and directly adjacent to the LAPL facilities."

The Library paid the LAPD $5,420,337 for security in 2017.

The LAPD is currently using the funds to provide the library with 10 police officers (on overtime shifts), 41 city security officers and 26 contract security officers at the Downtown Central Library and 72 branches.

But at the same time the I-Team observed people engaged in criminal activities at the Goldwyn, Durant and Downtown Central library branches, our cameras documented police officers spending much of their time texting on their cell phones or talking, instead of patrolling.
At the Downtown Central branch, at the same time a man was offering what he said was crystal meth to an undercover producer, NBC4 cameras documented one Los Angeles Police Officer who appeared to be sleeping.
When an undercover producer told officers she'd seen drug activity happening outside, an officer behind the Central branch security desk said he'd send an officer to investigate, but the I-Team never saw an officer dispatched.

Drugs, sex, mutual masturbation, etc. These things happen everywhere. And homeless people congregate in public spaces. Not sure why the library was singled out in this investigative report. Seems more like an issue of lazy cops and misuse of police funding than a problem with the library itself.

Thought this was an interesting topic to discuss. Are YOUR libraries the same way? Do you see the library's problem the same way as a public park, which also has the same problems? I checked the facebook page for this report and most people were saying they don't go to the library because of the homeless. I think they're lying and weren't ever planning on going in the first place but can express their outrage at a visible problem and look good doing it.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
"Sex, Drugs, and the Public Library"
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/inves...-Angeles-Library-System-I-Team-457247783.html

Drugs, sex, mutual masturbation, etc. These things happen everywhere. And homeless people congregate in public spaces. Not sure why the library was singled out in this investigative report. Seems more like an issue of lazy cops and misuse of police funding than a problem with the library itself.

Thought this was an interesting topic to discuss. Are YOUR libraries the same way? Do you see the library's problem the same way as a public park, which also has the same problems? I checked the facebook page for this report and most people were saying they don't go to the library because of the homeless. I think they're lying and weren't ever planning on going in the first place but can express their outrage at a visible problem and look good doing it.
I'll make a thread for you

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

Stove

Oct 27, 2017
We will be finding out whether Australians voted in support for Same Sex Marriage or not in a plebiscite today.

Worth a thread in my opinion, as it's going to be pretty important to see where our society is currently at down here.

Edit. Someone has done this. Thanks!

Last edited:

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.