• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Done

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-total-war-saga-thrones-of-britannia-announced.6029/ (SFLUFAN)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ho...the-switch-equivalent-of-the-xbox-one-x.6034/ (Molto)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-think-2018-will-be-the-year-of-sony.6036/ (ABEZ23 - also, your grammar was fine and there was nothing to fix :P)

Thread title: "A Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia" announced

"Our aim with Total War Sagas is to explore key flashpoints at distinct places and times in history," says series director Mike Simpson of the Saga series' purview. "Unlike our era-spanning titles, we're putting defined geographical areas under the microscope, building super-detailed campaign maps with a strong cultural focus and flavour that players can dive into. This will complement our broader-scope titles perfectly."

Thrones of Britannia FAQ

"Title: How interested would you be in the Switch equivalent of the Xbox One X?

Body: Basically an enhanced Switch that enables you to play games with better resolution/frame rate. Is this something that you'd be interested in? And realistically how long should Nintendo wait until they release something like this? How much should a product like this cost?

I'm very satisfied with the Switch hardware as is, but I can't deny that sub native resolution in undocked mode is a bit disappointing. I'd personally pay $350-$400 for an improved Switch.

Recently a few Switch games seem to be running at dynamic resolutions and an enhanced Switch would help a great deal, if the implementation is anything like in the Xbox One X. Doom and Rocket League tend to be sub 720p with the dynamic resolution, but I'd imagine a Switch running on a next gen Nvidia mGPU would be able to get the 720p locked for undocked gameplay.

It seems like with the hardware design of the Switch this shouldn't be too difficult if Nintendo wanted to go this route. "

Hi I have an idea for the following the game awards nominations thread:

Title: Do you think 2018 will be the year of Sony?

Body:

Its been a slow year for Sony in 2017 other than Horizon, there was no other big first party title out there from them, so this idea of 2018 will be their year came from a category on The Game Awards show for upcoming games, and two of them were God Of War, and the Last Of US. Coming into account that we have other games announced from Sony, Do you think Sony's first party games will dominate 2018 and also the GOTY categories as well?

PS:

In case some adopts: If there is any grammar to fix or something else, please feel free to do so. English is not my primary language.

Thanks

Will post these

Last edited:

ABEZ23

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hi I have an idea for the following the game awards nominations thread:

Title: Do you think 2018 will be the year of Sony?

Body:

Its been a slow year for Sony in 2017 other than Horizon, there was no other big first party title out there from them, so this idea of 2018 will be their year came from a category on The Game Awards show for upcoming games, and two of them were God Of War, and the Last Of US. Coming into account that we have other games announced from Sony, Do you think Sony's first party games will dominate 2018 and also the GOTY categories as well?

PS:

In case some adopts: If there is any grammar to fix or something else, please feel free to do so. English is not my primary language.

Thanks

SpartacusMD

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Title: Just got a switch after a long Nintendo Hiatus, help!

Body: The last Nintendo system I had was an N64. Totally ignored Nintendo until now so I have no knowledge of anything that happened between n64 and today. I impulse bought it this past weekend when my wife hinted that she might be interested in playing (I'm mAinly a.pc gamer +/- PS4).

I bought Mario odyssey and just got to New Donk. I also bought a digital version of mario kart 8. I also bought a pro controller.

I have a number of questions:

1.) The total cost was 534$, I only have two games to show for it and my wife isn't actually utilizing the system..so I feel like I may have spent way too much for too little return (not that mario isn't fun). Does anyone else have this feeling?

2.) Was the pro controller really all that necessary? Should I keep it?

3.)if I return the switch and buy another one is the digital game I bought lost or linked to my email?

4.) BotW had amazing hype and reviews when it came out, but now it seems people in hindsight found it boring and repetitive. Should I pick it up after Mario?

5.)What are the other must haves on this system currently and what is the "next big games" to look forward to now that Mario is out?

6.) Any other comments or tips?

Thanks

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Title: Just got a switch after a long Nintendo Hiatus, help!

Body: The last Nintendo system I had was an N64. Totally ignored Nintendo until now so I have no knowledge of anything that happened between n64 and today. I impulse bought it this past weekend when my wife hinted that she might be interested in playing (I'm mAinly a.pc gamer +/- PS4).

I bought Mario odyssey and just got to New Donk. I also bought a digital version of mario kart 8. I also bought a pro controller.

I have a number of questions:

1.) The total cost was 534$, I only have two games to show for it and my wife isn't actually utilizing the system..so I feel like I may have spent way too much for too little return (not that mario isn't fun). Does anyone else have this feeling?

2.) Was the pro controller really all that necessary? Should I keep it?

3.)if I return the switch and buy another one is the digital game I bought lost or linked to my email?

4.) BotW had amazing hype and reviews when it came out, but now it seems people in hindsight found it boring and repetitive. Should I pick it up after Mario?

5.)What are the other must haves on this system currently and what is the "next big games" to look forward to now that Mario is out?

6.) Any other comments or tips?

Thanks

got you

sjackso3

Oct 30, 2017
Houston
Are the console wars getting worse over time. Has gaming gone the way of politics and religion?

As someone who owns a gaming PC (Steam), an Xbox One X (Microsoft), a PS4 (Sony), and soon a Switch (Nintendo), I have never understood why a person cares if someone else is enjoying a different console? Why does a console/PC owner feel the need to disparage a different system, or even worse, those that own them? At first I thought of it like rooting for your favorite sports team, but I actually think it goes beyond that. When you cheer on a sports team, it's likely that the team represents your geographic area or you attended the school to which it is affiliated. Either way, you have some sort of emotional connection to the team tied to your upbringing. That psychology does not explain console warriors.

Console wars are more like politics, or even religion. You like a certain brand and want it to supersede all others regardless of whether or not it makes any tangible difference to your own personal enjoyment. If the guy down the street is having a blast with his Switch, and you are having fun on a PS4, does it really make a difference? There is an argument that can be made for playing online with friends. That you need to recruit or evangelize your choice so as to have others to play games with. That's somewhat legitimate I suppose, but this goes so far beyond that.

I am lucky enough to own multiple gaming devices, I realize that may put me in the minority. However, even going back to the days when I owned only a Sega Genesis, all of my friends had an NES or SNES, One of us even owned a Turbo Grafx. The result was that we thought it was cool that we had more options to play games as a group. In other words, our diversity in console choice made us closer. Now it just serves to divide.

Normally over time, we as a society grow wiser in how we look at things. This means we should be reveling in having more choice, not going the other direction. I also see this trend in our country and the world abroad. It seems like diversity of thought is becoming marginalized. Everyone is going into their respective echo chamber and hearing what they want to hear.

So my question to the ERA is, am I right... are the console wars getting worse over time?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Are the console wars getting worse over time. Has gaming gone the way of politics and religion?

As someone who owns a gaming PC (Steam), an Xbox One X (Microsoft), a PS4 (Sony), and soon a Switch (Nintendo), I have never understood why a person cares if someone else is enjoying a different console? Why does a console/PC owner feel the need to disparage a different system, or even worse, those that own them? At first I thought of it like rooting for your favorite sports team, but I actually think it goes beyond that. When you cheer on a sports team, it's likely that the team represents your geographic area or you attended the school to which it is affiliated. Either way, you have some sort of emotional connection to the team tied to your upbringing. That psychology does not explain console warriors.

Console wars are more like politics, or even religion. You like a certain brand and want it to supersede all others regardless of whether or not it makes any tangible difference to your own personal enjoyment. If the guy down the street is having a blast with his Switch, and you are having fun on a PS4, does it really make a difference? There is an argument that can be made for playing online with friends. That you need to recruit or evangelize your choice so as to have others to play games with. That's somewhat legitimate I suppose, but this goes so far beyond that.

I am lucky enough to own multiple gaming devices, I realize that may put me in the minority. However, even going back to the days when I owned only a Sega Genesis, all of my friends had an NES or SNES, One of us even owned a Turbo Grafx. The result was that we thought it was cool that we had more options to play games as a group. In other words, our diversity in console choice made us closer. Now it just serves to divide.

Normally over time, we as a society grow wiser in how we look at things. This means we should be reveling in having more choice, not going the other direction. I also see this trend in our country and the world abroad. It seems like diversity of thought is becoming marginalized. Everyone is going into their respective echo chamber and hearing what they want to hear.

So my question to the ERA is, am I right... are the console wars getting worse over time?

Okay, give me a sec.

Dits

Oct 27, 2017
Might be a byproduct of being older, holding down a job, kids etc. But are there just too many games?

6000 games on Steam in 2017, multiple AAA titles nearly each month and the game time in many of these hitting 30+hrs.

We see titles like Lawbreakers which a couple of years ago would have hit or found a niche corner. Now it's so much harder for devs to stick the landing and find their market. Are all the genres full? Spiraling costs of development seem to take down teams and if an industry can sell 6million of a product and not make a profit then something is deeply wrong, is it any wonder we see lootboxes and microtransactions?

casey_contra

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
PLEASE let me know if this is redundant or a dumb thread idea, I've just seen it come up a lot and think a dedicated thread could be helpful. Even a poll is that's possible. Feel free to edit or give feedback as well. I want to be a good contributor so if you all can help with that then amazing!

Title: Skyrim for VR or Switch?

I've seen this come up quite a but in different Skyrim threads, so let's discuss in-depth! I, like many of you, have both PSVR and a Switch and can't wait to play Skyrim (for me it'll be the first time).

On one hand I commute to work and travel a good amount, so Switch would allow me to play more often. On the other hand, I have been craving a "full" VR experience since I finished Resident Evil 7 in January.

What are you doing? What pros and cons do you see? What should I do?!

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Title: Zelda Breath of the Wild DLC, Will it be Unveiled at the Game Awards Show?

Body: According to Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: The Champions Ballad will be releasing in December. This is the DLC expansion for Breath of the Wild, coming off BotW being one of the highest critically rated games of all time. However, we know very little about it besides the release date. However, we do know one thing that is coming up, the Game Awards Show.
Would it not make sense to release information on this very show? This is likely a show where Breath of the Wild will get awards in, so it would make sense to release information for the DLC(and perhaps release the DLC after the show) when the game is in the limelight. I think this would be a brilliant marketing move, especially given with BotW's history with the Game Awards Show.

The Game Awards Show has actually been pretty important to Breath of the Wild's marketing. It was actually, at this show that we saw "Zelda Wii U" actually playable, and saw snippets of gameplay. This was 3 years ago in 2014(Oh wow, now I feel even older).

(Yeah right. You keep trying to release Zelda Wii U in 2015. You big bunch of liars)

While Zelda Breath of the Wild missed the subsequent Game Awards Show due to the Wii U's untimely demise and a terrible 2015, the Game Awards also carried the torch for 2016.

This is where Breath of the Wild actually won its first award, in a long line of many. In 2016, the title won the Most Anticipated for 2017, and boy, let's say it did not disappoint. Not only that, but it debuted a brand new, brilliant trailer for the game.

(This trailer still gives me chills, it is way too good).

So with all of this said, it would be absolutely poetic that as the first show to show gameplay, the last bit of new gameplay would be shown for this game.It also makes sense, since BotW is a huge Game of the Year Candidate, and they may even do an orchestral piece for the game(much like they did with DOOM 2016). Breath of the Wild is closely tied with the Game Awards, and the Game Awards actually did become big because of the BotW and gained huge popularity with it ever since showcased it in 2014. This actually gravitated publishers to showing bigger titles at the Game Awards, and it is why we have seen a lot of growth within this. So, with Nintendo's radio silence with this DLC, do you think that Ballad of the Champions will be unveiled in the Game Awards Show?! Comment Below Era!

EDIT: Posted thanks!

Last edited:

Jessmo24

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Was it a mistake not porting ultra sun and moon?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/pokemon-ultra-moon

Even with the excuse that game freak didn't believe in the switch, the game probably could have been ported with little difficulty.

1. The game would have capped what would be an amazing launch year for switch.

2. The game would not have killed 3ds sales. They are a different market.

3. The switch needs to keep momentum.

4. The game would likely have sold close 10 mill across 3ds and switch through the fiscal year.

Please adopt. Nintendo would have one of the greatest launch years of all time

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I have this topic idea which has been in my head for the past few days.

Title: What was gaming like in your country when you were a kid?

Body: Having been born in Chile in the beginning of the 90's, I always perceived gaming was a privilege really difficult to access to when I was a kid. For example, when the PS1 and the N64 were already in their last years, in Chile it was still all about SNES games. I clearly remember going to my cousin's house to play Megaman X, Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World in the beginning of the 2000's. Me and the group of kids who gathered to play in there treated all that as the 'new thing' in gaming back then. Once I got to own my first PS1, it was already 2003; 2 years after the PS2 was released worldwide. I played the hell out of it and got to enjoy most of its classics with my classmates, who also happened to own PS1 systems, but we were still far behind what other people in other countries were experiencing (Yes, you could probably still find people in Chile who owned the latest videogame systems back then, but it was probably rare).

The PS2 was a beast in Chile. It was the chosen gaming platform for most of Chilean gamers until 2010 I would dare to say. It was normal to have an easy access to a modded PS2 and buy pirate games in every street market you could find in here (I know it's wrong!), but once again, this situation serves as an example that we were at least one entire videogame generation behind the world. It wasn't until 2011 that the PS3 and the 360 became massive and popular that I felt we had finally caught up to the world. By the PS4 launch, we were no longer behind.

Videogames were not getting much media attention either in the beginning of the century. Videogame Magazines were almost non-existent from what I can remember, so finding out about new games back then was difficult. Moreover, the TV shows dedicated to gaming were extremely limited and usually ended up canceled a few months after airing. It was not until 2006 -which is when internet finally became massive in Chile- that we finally had access to every piece of gaming news and oh boy did it feel good. I remember reading every piece of news about the PS3 and the 360 and watching videos of games such as Assassin's Creed and MGS4.

So, ERA, I would like to know how was gaming like in your country when you were a kid? Did you ever feel like you were falling behind in comparison to other parts of the world? I want to know!
----

Please adopt. I am truly interested on other people's experiences when it comes to gaming.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I have this topic idea which has been in my head for the past few days.

Title: What was gaming like in your country when you were a kid?

Body: Having been born in Chile in the beginning of the 90's, I always perceived gaming was a privilege really difficult to access to when I was a kid. For example, when the PS1 and the N64 were already in their last years, in Chile it was still all about SNES games. I clearly remember going to my cousin's house to play Megaman X, Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World in the beginning of the 2000's. Me and the group of kids who gathered to play in there treated all that as the 'new thing' in gaming back then. Once I got to own my first PS1, it was already 2003; 2 years after the PS2 was released worldwide. I played the hell out of it and got to enjoy most of its classics with my classmates, who also happened to own PS1 systems, but we were still far behind what other people in other countries were experiencing (Yes, you could probably still find people in Chile who owned the latest videogame systems back then, but it was probably rare).

The PS2 was a beast in Chile. It was the chosen gaming platform for most of Chilean gamers until 2010 I would dare to say. It was normal to have an easy access to a modded PS2 and buy pirate games in every street market you could find in here (I know it's wrong!), but once again, this situation serves as an example that we were at least one entire videogame generation behind the world. It wasn't until 2011 that the PS3 and the 360 became massive and popular that I felt we had finally caught up to the world. By the PS4 launch, we were no longer behind.

Videogames were not getting much media attention either in the beginning of the century. Videogame Magazines were almost non-existent from what I can remember, so finding out about new games back then was difficult. Moreover, the TV shows dedicated to gaming were extremely limited and usually ended up canceled a few months after airing. It was not until 2006 -which is when internet finally became massive in Chile- that we finally had access to every piece of gaming news and oh boy did it feel good. I remember reading every piece of news about the PS3 and the 360 and watching videos of games such as Assassin's Creed and MGS4.

So, ERA, I would like to know how was gaming like in your country when you were a kid? Did you ever feel like you were falling behind in comparison to other parts of the world? I want to know!
----

Please adopt. I am truly interested on other people's experiences when it comes to gaming.
Will post for you
Edit* never mind it looks like someone else is gonna do it!

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Title: With all the uproar against loot boxes recently, I find it wrong that people give Activision/Overwatch a free pass

To start with, lets get the argument I know you want to shout out of the way. "It's just cosmetics" isn't a free pass. At least, not when actual money is involved. Overwatch is locking content behind loot boxes, that's a fact. Yes, Overwatch gives out maps and characters for free. No, I don't think that makes the paid loot boxes okay. They're just as greedy as any other game doing it. You may say "it's just cosmetics", but people, very clearly do care about cosmetics and Activision knows this. That's why instead of selling a skin for $2-$3 they instead sell you the CHANCE to get the skin (or other content) that you want. Why make only $2-$3 off a skin when they can make multiple times that and possibly STILL not give you what you were spending money for? That's a win-win for them.

When it comes down to it, I'm perfectly fine with loot boxes being used as the free option to unlock content. But when they start taking real money, I strongly believe they should be giving people exactly what they want. The way it's handled now is just as greedy as any other game. They're taking advantage of the players just as much any other game that uses loot boxes.

I find it incredibly strange people overlook this so easily. Do people just love the game so much that it doesn't matter that this is happening? Just because skins aren't a factor in your enjoyment of the game, doesn't mean it isn't for others. Some people may get more enjoyment out of a new skin for their favorite character(s) than a free new character that they have no interest in using.

*To be clear: I'm not arguing how playable/unplayable the game is/isn't without skins*
-----
Please adopt. Interested in thoughts on this although I can stand if nobody wants to since it's kind of controversial

Last edited:

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
Re: Telltale layoffs

Interesting article / investigation from US Gamer about the crunch culture and the layoffs that happened inside the company

Title: US Gamer | Exclusive: How a Culture of Crunch Brought Telltale From Critical Darling to Layoffs

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/exc...ht-telltale-from-critical-darlings-to-layoffs

Some quotes:

At the heart of the matter is the repeated claim that for a period of time, Telltale suffered from harmful management practices. It was to a degree where it even became hostile for some employees. As one former Telltale employee told me, "The mentality was work harder, faster, and for as long as you can to hit your milestones. Churn and burn."

One source told USGamer that, "At one point, there was a quote (printed on paper) on one of the creative director's doors that read something to the tune of, 'It's not about how much time you need to make a good game, it's about how good of a game you can make with the time you have.'" Several other sources confirmed they had also seen this sign.

From what we've gathered internally, the layoffs swept up key instigators from the previous management, and there's now a reportedly refreshed corporate culture in place. With the whispers of a new game engine and key games like The Wolf Among Us 2 in development, perhaps this is the start of a changed era for Telltale.

If anyone think it's worth its thread, feel free to do so! Cheers.

unknownspectator

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
(already done! thanks Kamon!)

Title: Anyone else struggling to run the Injustice 2 pc port?

Body:

Injustice 2 came out for the pc today and I wanted to give Netherrealm another shot. However, I'm not having a good time with it performance wise. UI is laggy especially during character select. Matches are a mixed bag, sometimes they would slow down and some would run fine. Stage transitions lag, sometimes it's a small hiccup and others it's headache inducing. Load times take a while with it being around 10 seconds with my HDD. Worse of all, after shutting it down, my computer would run slower. I adjusted the settings and they help some but the problems would remain.

my rig for reference:

GPU: GTX970

CPU: i7-4770k

Ram: 8gb

Last edited:

PlanetKiller

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I would like to suggest a new thread topic.

Title: Next generation console tech

Body:
Now that both mid-gen refresh consoles are out, what are your desires, dreams, and features of the true next generation consoles?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised no thread, at least that's what the search engine is showing me:

Forbes 30 under 30 for games:

https://www.forbes.com/30-under-30/2018/games/#2dd754361aeb

Variety of selections like Toby Fox (Undertale), Ashly Burch (actress in a million things) and a lot of Twitch and Youtubers.

A bit more oriented toward the business side (because it's, well Forbes) but still worth a look I'd say.

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Would be fun if someone could make this thread. It can definitely be an interesting discussion.

" Do you think PS5 and Xbox 2 will start pushing 8K before managing to hit 4K 60fps?

During this gen they started to push, and are pushing this whole 4K thing, even though most games still can't hit 1080p 60fps. Do you think history will repeat itself with the next brand new gen, and they will already start talking about 8K before the games even can run in 4K at 60fps?

By the way, it seems that Japan is gearing up for 8K broadcasting for the 2020 Olympics.

What do you guys think? "

Nov 10, 2017
Houston, TX
One of the most common complaints about games is inventory management. Even great games like Horizon: Zero Dawn and Breath of the Wild have suffered from inventory management issues. I'd like to see a discussion on which games nail inventory management and should be emulated in future titles.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we make a topic on Beyond Oasis for the Sega Genesis? It's weird, but I've seen it referenced like a dozen times over the last week on these boards and it's generally something that isn't talked about or overlooked. I'd love a topic where people can talk about it and it's much lesser known prequel, Legend of Oasis.

Roxoriku

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If a fellow, kind Reseter wouldn't mind making this thread for me I'd be very pleased:

Title:
Representation of Sexual Orientation in video games through NPCs

Body:
While I was playing the original Fallout for the first time earlier today, I saw a dialogue option for initiating romance with another character, Tandi. This excited me because I was already interested in the character, but I didn't know if I could romance her or if there was even romance in the game. And so, I clicked said option and... she turned me down. At first, I thought it was because my character was also a woman. At least, Tandi says it's because she "likes guys". In a way, I though this was nice; nowadays it seems like every character is romanceable and all happen to be bisexual. Then I look online just to find out that you can't romance Tandi at all. But that interaction really got me thinking.

So, what are video games doing in regards to representation of different sexual orientations now? It seems like we've gone from having only heterosexual relationships in all games to a lack of defined sexual orientation in many games. We still get really hetero games like Persona 5 but now we get really open games like Stardew Valley. I describe Stardew as an "open" game because it allows same-sex relationships with all the date-able characters, but it's not particularly diverse in that there are no established gay couples in the game and the other citizens sexual orietnation means nothing (not to mention the lack of any transsexual character). Not to call-out Stardew in particular because many games do this (ex. Skyrim, Mass Effect, etc.) and the intention is good and appreciated.

I guess what I'm getting at is that games still feel limited in the aspect of NPC sexual orientation and have kind of stagnated. Will we get to a point where there is good representation with defined sexual orientation? Or is this system of having all character's sexual orientation be dictated by player gender or undefined for the best?

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, I'm making a post on a thread on HQ Trivia will someone post it for me when it's done. I'm just compiling the images right now. (what website should I use since imgur is broken here?)

Astrologer

Oct 28, 2017
I will leave it to you guys to consider this as thread-worthy or not.

Far Cry 5 is playable at Indian Games Expo this 18 and 19th November exclusively.
nLxmY32hHZ

Astrologer

Oct 28, 2017
I found the thread on it, they give a few good alternatives. I'm using abload.de now. Not gunna mess with wordpress, my website is on there and I can't be bothered to make another account.
You don't have to create another account on WordPress. Just upload the image on WordPress and copy it's URL. Simple.
But do whatever suits you.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Okay I'm going to post the thread post here now. Please just copy this info and make the thread title HQ Trivia: 1 vs. 100k - Thank you for doing this!

32acf5f0-bdac-11e7-84oxun7.jpg

HQ Trivia: 1 Vs 100k

HQ Trivia is blowing up. if you're not playing yet then now is the time to join. This game has fulfilled the promise of the mobile internet. A truly connected interactive video experience. A live game show where tens of thousands of players can play and stream live. It's like 1 vs 100 on the Xbox 360 except bigger and better.

Many of our own favorites have been playing for awhile as well, it's become a regular topic by the guys over at Tested, Will Smith of FOO VR, Giantbomb, Waypoint and just about any tech blog.

This thread is for the sharing of the fun, the strategies, the wins and the losses of our games. Also, it's for Scott, who is the best host by far.

Get the app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hq-live-trivia-game-show/id1232278996/

What is HQ Trivia?
HQ Trivia is a live trivia game show that allows anyone to play and win real money. The rules are simple, correctly answer all 12 (sometimes 15) multiple choice questions and you win. The prize money (yes real money) is split between all the winners. Games have had up to 100k players at this point, and the prizes range from 500-2500$ a game.

How do I play?
Currently, HQ is only available for the iPhone. You also need to have access to a Paypal account to be able to win money. Then you simply download the app. Games are streamed live at 3pm EST/12pm PST & 9pm EST/6pm PST on weekdays and 9pm EST/6pm PST on weekends.

hqx0row.png

Does it cost anything?
No. The game is free. There are no microtransactions currently.

How do they monetize?
Don't know yet, it's believed they will begin to serve ads, or they are already doing sponsored questions for brands. As of now, it's not known. What we do know is the player base has gone from a few thousand to 100k players and the prize pool has gone from 100$ to 500$ minimum a game.

What else do I need to know?
There is one bonus item in the game, you can get an extra life and that allows you to get one question wrong. You can get these from random bonus loot boxes they give out (free so far) and also by referring the app to a friend. For instance feel free to use my code: CHumes

You can submit your own questions on the app as well, and they love to shout out players on twitter. Check them out if you want to see good videos of people winning.​

The current highest winner has won 560$

Is there cheating?
Not really, if you're great at google-foo then go for it, but take your best guess. You only get 10 seconds to answer so be quick. HQ knows and expects players to do this in groups. I have done it on my podcast with 2 other players, and it's a nightly event before dinner with my girlfriend. Whole offices these days are taken over during game time. The questions are tough, so try and get every advantage you can.

That's it. Let's do this, and get our own ResetERA leaderboard with winners here going. See you all during the next game.​

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
You don't have to create another account on WordPress. Just upload the image on WordPress and copy it's URL. Simple.
But do whatever suits you.

I assume it would use my allotted space for my site, also I don't want the images mixed in with the other ones on my website as that will get annoying over time.

Kamon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to suggest a thread

Title: Anyone else struggling to run the Injustice 2 pc port?

Body:

Injustice 2 came out for the pc today and I wanted to give Netherrealm another shot. However, I'm not having a good time with it performance wise. UI is laggy especially during character select. Matches are a mixed bag, sometimes they would slow down and some would run fine. Stage transitions lag, sometimes it's a small hiccup and others it's headache inducing. Load times take a while with it being around 10 seconds with my HDD. Worse of all, after shutting it down, my computer would run slower. I adjusted the settings and they help some but the problems would remain.

my rig for reference:

GPU: GTX970

CPU: i7-4770k

Ram: 8gb

https://www.resetera.com/threads/anyone-else-struggling-to-run-the-injustice-2-pc-port.6205/ Posted this up for you!

petran79

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
Since the forum is still new and no relevant topic has been made, I'd be thankfull if this topic could be posted:

PC and console players: How much time do you spend on emulation? Which emulated systems do you play more?

Despite having a backlog of hundreds of games, a lot of my time is spent on playing emulated games, impossible to play otherwise, unless you owned or found the actual arcade cab or console. While computers have more and better emulation options, consoles also provide a good alternative, much better than in the past, either through official emulators or homebrew.

Since I have a Dreamcast with a VGA output, I usually avoid DC emulators, with the exception of Japanese region locked games.

Majority of my emulation time is spent on MAME, Segamodel3, Demul and NAOMI, playing arcade games I had experienced during that time.
Segamodel3 mainly for Ocean Hunter and some VF3TB. Playing Ocean Hunter in Ultrawide 3440x1440 had its own unique atmosphere, though nothing could beat the original cab.Demul mainly for some puzzle games and MAME for some shmups or arcade classics, mostly late 80s-90s.
In the late-90s and early 2000 I remember melting in NES, Genesis,SNES and arcade emulation, mainly Kawaks, ZSNES & Snes9x, Neorage X, Nebula, Kega, FCEU, Raine (this one just for Wrestlefest).

Can we make a topic on Beyond Oasis for the Sega Genesis? It's weird, but I've seen it referenced like a dozen times over the last week on these boards and it's generally something that isn't talked about or overlooked. I'd love a topic where people can talk about it and it's much lesser known prequel, Legend of Oasis.

Are you planning to transfer your GAF or Segaretro threads here too?

Neapolitan

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Since the forum is still new and no relevant topic has been made, I'd be thankfull if this topic could be posted:

PC and console players: How much time do you spend on emulation? Which emulated systems do you play more?

Despite having a backlog of hundreds of games, a lot of my time is spent on playing emulated games, impossible to play otherwise, unless you owned or found the actual arcade cab or console. While computers have more and better emulation options, consoles also provide a good alternative, much better than in the past, either through official emulators or homebrew.

Since I have a Dreamcast with a VGA output, I usually avoid DC emulators, with the exception of Japanese region locked games.

Majority of my emulation time is spent on MAME, Segamodel3, Demul and NAOMI, playing arcade games I had experienced during that time.
Segamodel3 mainly for Ocean Hunter and some VF3TB. Playing Ocean Hunter in Ultrawide 3440x1440 had its own unique atmosphere, though nothing could beat the original cab.Demul mainly for some puzzle games and MAME for some shmups or arcade classics, mostly late 80s-90s.
In the late-90s and early 2000 I remember melting in NES, Genesis,SNES and arcade emulation, mainly Kawaks, ZSNES & Snes9x, Neorage X, Nebula, Kega, FCEU, Raine (this one just for Wrestlefest).

Are you planning to transfer your GAF or Segaretro threads here too?

Gimme a moment

Edit: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc...tion-which-emulated-systems-do-you-play.6210/

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Would be fun if someone could make this thread. It can definitely be an interesting discussion.

" Do you think PS5 and Xbox 2 will start pushing 8K before managing to hit 4K 60fps?

During this gen they started to push, and are pushing this whole 4K thing, even though most games still can't hit 1080p 60fps. Do you think history will repeat itself with the next brand new gen, and they will already start talking about 8K before the games even can run in 4K at 60fps?

By the way, it seems that Japan is gearing up for 8K broadcasting for the 2020 Olympics.

What do you guys think? "

Requesting again, I am sure it will be an interesting topic ^_^

Cochese

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I see that MarkMan has resurrected the pickups threads, has anyone started the setups thread again?

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Requesting again

Okay I'm going to post the thread post here now. Please just copy this info and make the thread title HQ Trivia: 1 vs. 100k - Thank you for doing this!

32acf5f0-bdac-11e7-84oxun7.jpg

HQ Trivia: 1 Vs 100k

HQ Trivia is blowing up. if you're not playing yet then now is the time to join. This game has fulfilled the promise of the mobile internet. A truly connected interactive video experience. A live game show where tens of thousands of players can play and stream live. It's like 1 vs 100 on the Xbox 360 except bigger and better.

Many of our own favorites have been playing for awhile as well, it's become a regular topic by the guys over at Tested, Will Smith of FOO VR, Giantbomb, Waypoint and just about any tech blog.

This thread is for the sharing of the fun, the strategies, the wins and the losses of our games. Also, it's for Scott, who is the best host by far.

Get the app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hq-live-trivia-game-show/id1232278996/

What is HQ Trivia?
HQ Trivia is a live trivia game show that allows anyone to play and win real money. The rules are simple, correctly answer all 12 (sometimes 15) multiple choice questions and you win. The prize money (yes real money) is split between all the winners. Games have had up to 100k players at this point, and the prizes range from 500-2500$ a game.

How do I play?
Currently, HQ is only available for the iPhone. You also need to have access to a Paypal account to be able to win money. Then you simply download the app. Games are streamed live at 3pm EST/12pm PST & 9pm EST/6pm PST on weekdays and 9pm EST/6pm PST on weekends.

hqx0row.png

Does it cost anything?
No. The game is free. There are no microtransactions currently.

How do they monetize?
Don't know yet, it's believed they will begin to serve ads, or they are already doing sponsored questions for brands. As of now, it's not known. What we do know is the player base has gone from a few thousand to 100k players and the prize pool has gone from 100$ to 500$ minimum a game.

What else do I need to know?
There is one bonus item in the game, you can get an extra life and that allows you to get one question wrong. You can get these from random bonus loot boxes they give out (free so far) and also by referring the app to a friend. For instance feel free to use my code: CHumes

You can submit your own questions on the app as well, and they love to shout out players on twitter. Check them out if you want to see good videos of people winning.​

The current highest winner has won 560$

Is there cheating?
Not really, if you're great at google-foo then go for it, but take your best guess. You only get 10 seconds to answer so be quick. HQ knows and expects players to do this in groups. I have done it on my podcast with 2 other players, and it's a nightly event before dinner with my girlfriend. Whole offices these days are taken over during game time. The questions are tough, so try and get every advantage you can.

That's it. Let's do this, and get our own ResetERA leaderboard with winners here going. See you all during the next game.​

Status
Not open for further replies.