• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
Things like that are always worse in your head than in reality. I recommend going at a time when there are not too many people so you don't have problems getting help from the staff and take your time looking in your phone the dishes if you aren't sure of what they are.

Nobody will care about you so long you don't make noise and pay the bill.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You should learn to laugh at yourself, maybe. Everyone makes an ass out of himself from time to time.
Never go to a Japanese Izakaya
Why? Been to a few in Tokyo and you just choose shit off the menu. It literally couldn't be easier. I speak basically no Japanese.
The process is exactly the same at 99% of restaurants.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Why? Been to a few in Tokyo and you just choose shit off the menu. It literally couldn't be easier. I speak basically no Japanese.
The process is exactly the same at 99% of restaurants.
If you get nervous choosing shit of off a menu, going to an Izakaya where the menu is usually several pages long is not the best idea, I'd say.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, this seems like something I'd be concerned about too. Like, what am I doing here? There should be anyone else to help pick something.

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Are you people going to places where the menu is in a different language or something?

Step 1: Look at menu.
Step 2: Pick Something.
Step 3: Tell step 2 to waiting staff when they ask what item you want.

If that equation is a challenge for you then you absolutely have social anxiety problems, which isn't your fault anyway. That's 101 social easy shit.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I have no problem letting the entire restaurant know that I've never been there before :)