• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

By Heart Machine, the devs behind Hyper Light Drifter. Published via Annapurna Interactive.

"We strive to tell a beautiful story through our world, the atmosphere, our characters and even our gameplay - each aspect of our games are painstakingly considered - which requires a large investment of time. Thanks for bearing with us and our relative silence; we're so excited to start opening up about the game and the process behind it on our devlog and beyond," Alx Preston said to IGN in a statement.

More info here via IGN.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great. Shame I won't be buying it because of the storefront. Edit: Unless it's also coming to GOG/Steam?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For a team that started with a 2D game in Game Maker, they transitioned to UE4 well

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
You beat me to it!

Official Staff Communication
updated thread title to reflect Annapurna Games is the publisher

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Looks great, but I don't want to use the Epic store until they implement basic features, so I'll wait for a console version

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Epic still swinging their dick around I see.

I'll wait for the (hopeful) console release.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Since they built this is 3D instead of 2D I really hope they consider a VR remaster if it's anything like Hyperlight Drifter but in 3 dimensions.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
This mostly tells me Annapurna Interactive is all in on the Epic Games Store as well, which makes sense for them

They're a pub that goes all in on shorter single player games with strong narratives/tougher sells

I'm sorry! I was wondering if anyone was gonna post it since I'm terrible at OPs lol. You can change the thread maker to be yourself if you want!

lol why would I do that it's fine

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
User Warned: Drive-by Trolling
Is the Epic Store an expensive app to buy? Seems like a really high barrier to entry since I see in multiple threads that people can't get games on it. High system requirements maybe?

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So the Epic Games Store is taking away console releases too? This has gone too far. /s

I'm super excited because I backed & loved Hyper Light Drifter, but seriously, a console release would be nice.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
I like how the EGS logo is bigger then the games logo.

Looks pretty neat, interested to see gameplay though as this really doesn't show how it will play, assuming kinda skating around abit from that trailer.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Loved Hyper Light Drifter so i will keep an eye on this one. Hope it comes to consoles.

Elodes

Looks to the Moon
Nov 1, 2017
The Netherlands
HLD was next-level great. I hope they got Disasterpeace to do the soundtrack again -- his work elevated that game far above what it would have been otherwise.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is the Epic Store an expensive app to buy? Seems like a really high barrier to entry since I see in multiple threads that people can't get games on it. High system requirements maybe?
They are anti-competitive. Say what you will about the big players like Steam which are terrible in their own right, but Epic's strong-arm approach to creating a store front does no favors to consumers. So, I boycott EGS out of principle. I think you'll find a number of others feel similarly. There are more appropriate threads for this particular debate though, so I'll leave it at that.

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
If Annapurna is publishing the game, then yeah it's a no brainer this will be EGS only for a year. At the very least, I can't be too mad because the game was never announced to be on Steam in the first place.

Still, I can wait a year. Best of luck to Heart Machine.

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I backed HLD on Kickstarter and really liked it. But I don't support the business tactics of the Epic Games Store. So its a hard pass then.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
If it's not an exclusive, I'll buy it in whatever store I can pick it up cheapest. That includes the Epic store. It's third party exclusives I'm not buying there. Or anywhere.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
Cool. Like all of these other Epic games, maybe I'll check it out after the year of exclusivity ends. Might be busy playing some other game, though. Too many great games to play that don't pull this BS.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Should be able to run on Switch and Annapurna is the publisher so it's a safe bet.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I hope the devs get a large cut of the Epic check. They don't deserve the shit they're going to get because their publisher agreed to exclusivity.

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's be nice if shitposts like this started getting moderated, but alas. Guess we need competition for something to improve.

EDIT: oh well, he got a warning.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the devs get a large cut of the Epic check. They don't deserve the shit they're going to get because their publisher agreed to exclusivity.
I hope the agreement was at least "Launch on EGS and don't go through another Kickstarter campaign."

Which would at least make this better than Phoenix Point.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm in. Speedy character that traverses an environment like that,? In.