• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I think its fun partially because it creates a sense of a universe that exists outside of Jedi and Sith which none of the sequels have really bothered with so far
This is the main value of the Star Wars side stories. I sincerely hope that Kathleen Kennedy has the foresight to continue enriching the series with movies that explore the margins of this fascinating universe.

There is room in the Star Wars franchise for smaller stories that don't have a chance of clearing the billion dollar worldwide box office mark. If Lucasfilm wants to keep building a brand that stays fresh for decades to come, variety is key.

What would the MCU be without Guardians of the Galaxy (a long shot at the time), Thor: Ragnarok (a fundamental tonal shift from two prior films is bold and challenging), and Ant-Man? Less fun, novel, and three dimensional, that's for sure.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Solo is garbage, but Rogue One is probably the worst movie I've ever seen.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda love it. Swashbuckling space adventure is my jam and this delivered. Would love to see more and am sad that it won't come to pass :(

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Hot take alert: every single Star Wars movie under Disney has been good to great.

Their only mistake was the promotion and release date of Solo.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Hot take alert: every single Star Wars movie under Disney has been good to great.

Their only mistake was the promotion and release date of Solo.
Agreed 100%. I think it's unfortunate that this would qualify as a hot take to some.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought, before the fact, that George Lucas would run the series into the ground with an egregious set of prequel films, and Disney would take over and restore the series' standing as some of the best space fantasy fiction ever.

I hope when I'm an old old man someone finally does Darth Vader's origin story and the rise of Emperor Palpatine justice in film form. That's all I truly need from Star Wars, besides Rise of Skywalker sticking the landing.

Pagoto93

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I think it's ok and that about it. Watchable but a story that didn't need telling and isn't particularly memorable.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Solo was dull as dishwater by-the-numbers mediocrity. I don't even think it was bad. It just... exists.

Rogue One was pretty great tho.

Sep 12, 2018
It's the Ant-Man of Star Wars movies, fun enough while it lasts but bland, forgettable, visually drab and absolutely tragic that it was snagged from much more interesting film makers.

Stiflers Mom

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I watched this yesterday and I'm impressed. Movie is good old fashioned fun, with lots of easter eggs for old Star Wars fans. Love Beckett using Lando's disguise in RoTJ, Asteroid Field playing during the Maelstrom sequence. The action scenes are plenty and entertaining.

No soap opera esque romance like in the prequels, no subverting expactations. The movie treats the SW legacy with respect and just wants its audience to have fun. Also Donald Glover killed it as Lando.

The movie also set it up for possible sequels but alas it bombed sadly. Would've liked more movies like this in the Star Wars franchise.

The tone they were going for was perfect for Star Wars.
If it hadn't Han Solo as the main protagonist, it would have been one of the greatest SW movies.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
It really is. It's so weird. I really liked both TLJ and Solo, and those are the movies the mob is tearing into the most. TFA and to a lesser extent Rogue one (because it was amazing to look at) were much less interesting.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who hates pointless nostalgia pandering, this movie felt like it was made by people who hate me. The train sequence was okay, I guess, but overall it's my least favourite of the Disney Star Wars movies.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
1/3 of Rogue One was good. The first 2/3s was a poorly paced and poorly edited mess. The space battle and Vader scene were the only redeeming parts to me.