• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Here's the trailer:

PS4/XBO/Switch/Steam. ACE Team developer. Sega publishing. July 10.

From the press release:

• Restore Humanity Back to Prosperity--Balancing side-scrolling action and top-down strategy elements, carefully guide each tribe from the clouds above in order to help expand their territory and dispel the dark fog that shrouds their lands. Once each of the creatures' lairs have been exposed, you must take the role of Helios to fight the monsters head on.
  • Take the Fight to the Enemy--Armed with his sword, shield, and magical archery, Helios will need to confront a range of enemies including goblins, beastmen, bat riders, and more on his way to facing the Younger God that controls them. Defeating these challenging foes will grant Helios new magical powers such as healing herbs and ice shards.
  • Protect the Homeland--Help each tribe determine how to shape their village by utilizing a range of different units, from houses and farms to support the growing population, to building warrior barracks and archer towers to defend themselves against the waves of monster attacks.
  • Help from the Highest Powers--Yuzo Koshiro, the legend behind many classic video game soundtracks, has composed the opening theme to SolSeraph. Additionally, acclaimed writer Jonas Kyrazes (The Talos Principle, The Sea Will Claim Everything) has lent his talents to craft the game's compelling narrative.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Wow this looks really cool. Out of nowhere. Definitely interested in seeing some more gameplay vids.

Tiggleton

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Oh wow, surprised nobody has tried making a spiritual successor before.
I wonder what the devs who worked at Quintet are doing these days.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Huh, that's out of nowhere. Ace Team is a good studio, curious to see how this turns out.

Oct 26, 2017
Actraiser was so good. Hope this manages to get it right. But soundtrack and art seems to be generic?

Edit: just found out that Yuzo Koshiro is doing the opening. Woo-hoo!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's super cool. ActRaiser 1 was such a unique idea and the sequel fucked all that up. Glad they're bringing back the sim elements.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the trailer:

PS4/XBO/Switch/Steam. ACE Team developer. Sega publishing. July 10.

From the press release:

• Restore Humanity Back to Prosperity--Balancing side-scrolling action and top-down strategy elements, carefully guide each tribe from the clouds above in order to help expand their territory and dispel the dark fog that shrouds their lands. Once each of the creatures' lairs have been exposed, you must take the role of Helios to fight the monsters head on.
  • Take the Fight to the Enemy--Armed with his sword, shield, and magical archery, Helios will need to confront a range of enemies including goblins, beastmen, bat riders, and more on his way to facing the Younger God that controls them. Defeating these challenging foes will grant Helios new magical powers such as healing herbs and ice shards.
  • Protect the Homeland--Help each tribe determine how to shape their village by utilizing a range of different units, from houses and farms to support the growing population, to building warrior barracks and archer towers to defend themselves against the waves of monster attacks.
  • Help from the Highest Powers--Yuzo Koshiro, the legend behind many classic video game soundtracks, has composed the opening theme to SolSeraph. Additionally, acclaimed writer Jonas Kyrazes (The Talos Principle, The Sea Will Claim Everything) has lent his talents to craft the game's compelling narrative.

Wow thanks for this. Loved Actraiser on SNES back in the day. Recently did another playthrough a few months ago. Loved it.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit out of nowhere and really soon too. It looks great and they got Yuzo Koshiro to do the opening song? I'm in!

Oct 27, 2017
About a month or two ago I played Actraiser for the first time, and I grew up with the SNES. It was one of those gems that for whatever reason I never played as a kid.

After I beat it, I poked around looking for any games that mimicked its unique sidescroller and city management style, and couldn't find anything.

Now this pops up and now I'm excited!

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Please be good. I've been wanting someone to make a spiritual successor to Actraiser for years. It's such an interesting concept.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Yep, that looks a lot like Actraiser. I absolutely loved that game, so I'm glad to see a new take on the idea. Dragon Quest Builders kind of felt similar, even if it played very differently, but it is always nice to see someone try to revive an old favorite.

Now I just need someone to make a spiritual successor to E.V.O.: Search for Eden.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Holy shit, this looks great! I really liked these games and Actraiser 2 was one of my favorite SNES-games.
Fingers crossed for a spiritual successor to Demons Crest btw.

gagewood

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome news! Funnily enough, a couple weeks ago I randomly thought, "With all these reboots and remakes I hope somebody does someting with Actraiser."

Perhaps it was intuition. :p

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Very cool, definitely considering for my switch... I will wait for reviews though

Flecko

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Yes! It´s so cool seeing my proffesors from university developing this kind of games, they deserve it, even from a small country like Chile. Day one

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
that's a pretty bad running animation, but otherwise looks pretty cool. Haven't played ActRaiser in years but I recall it being pretty fun, and ACES Team seems to have a solid track record (although Deadly Tower of Monsters is the only game of theirs I've played).

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Surprised it took this long to get another game in the vein of ActRaiser. Even the sequel went strictly to side scroller. Looks like everything I would want in this type of game and hope it will turn out well.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Yess, I loved Actraiser. I'm surprised this comes out so soon, hope it's good!

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well if Square Enix won't make Actraiser 3 at least someone else will.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I don't see hit points... Anyone who know me know that I'm a heavy Actraiser fan. In my world the perfect Actraiser has dungeon and level structures similar to Metroid with an RPG system similar to Castlevania symphony of the night. Animation needs a little work, though.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, it really is a Spiritual Successor to ActRaiser.

Why wasn't this at E3?

bombermouse

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see hit points... Anyone who know me know that I'm a heavy Actraiser fan. In my world the perfect Actraiser has dungeon and level structures similar to Metroid with an RPG system similar to Castlevania symphony of the night. Animation needs a little work, though.

So you don't like ActRaiser then. There are plenty of metroidvanias out there.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No offense but you're basically asking for something that isn't Actraiser.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Well that's surely unexpected, even in the form of a spiritual sequel.
Music in the trailer sound uninspired though.

Now where is my Terranigma spiritual sequel?