• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Walker

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
England, United Kingdom
Not going to link it here because I'm not certain on the rules regarding something like this, but if anyone can help take this stream down. He also has a link to the NSP file for Smash in the description which is illegal. Currently sitting at 3k viewers and quite easy to find if you search.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. The ROM has sadly leaked online. Sad but a problem that will keep happening on Switch.

Here's a stream that doesn't have any link to a pirate download:

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Man, 2 weeks wait through this is such a pain and kind of weird. Wouldn't be as annoying with a few days to go.

brambles13

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't somehow gotten the stream shut down already. Piracy is bad enough but helping others steal a product en masse is terrible. People worked hard to make this.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
This is definitely not helping in Nintendo's crusade against rom sites. What a idiot.

jorgeobamajr

Oct 25, 2017
Boo, but I would like to know how many spirits are in the game and what they are.
The datamining thread probably has the list of spirits for you.

E: sorry, early post

Yup. The ROM has sadly leaked online. Sad but a problem that will keep happening on Switch.

Here's a stream that doesn't have any link to a pirate download:

Aaaand the person just said they don't mind sharing the NSP.

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
Does Twitch ban people for streaming 2 weeks early? Or would they just ban based on the illegal links?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Why does this happen to Nintendo all the time?
Not really a Nintendo thing, it's just most of their games are highly anticipated. Smash is no exception so it's not surprising to see a leaked copy surface before release. But 2 weeks is absolutely crazy.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo should release it early on eShop at this point. Don't make the people wait.
That would never happen, marketing is planned and in sync with the release date, not only that and a million other factors such as doing so would embolden pirates to employ such tactics in the future to get Nintendo to release games early but it'd also piss off every single store on the entire planet.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, this is gonna end with legal action against the person who ripped the rom if they can find him right?

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Not really a Nintendo thing, it's just most of their games are highly anticipated. Smash is no exception so it's not surprising to see a leaked copy surface before release. But 2 weeks is absolutely crazy.
Yeah, I get Nintendo's games are always surrounded of a big hype and expectation but, correct me if I'm wrong, I didnt see anyone playing RDR2 two weeks before release.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
*checks in*

Yeah, that's Smash.

It's not like this is going to ruin the story or anything. People play Smash because it's fun to play. So, like, so what.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The game is done and people already have it and are playing it early?

Nintendo are missing a trick, they should be charging for early access

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why we, the consumers, should care whether or not this big-budget game likely to sell millions of units gets pirated.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
User banned (2 days): Thread whining, unwarranted hostility towards another member
lick them boots OP

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Watched some seconds and i think i looks sooo much better than Wii U

I dont know why, but it feels...better

Status
Not open for further replies.