• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can sympathize with Sakurai's desire to focus on making the adventure mode "fun" over making a story-heavy one when shit like this happens and people want their 15 minutes of e-fame.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah, I get Nintendo's games are always surrounded of a big hype and expectation but, correct me if I'm wrong, I didnt see anyone playing RDR2 two weeks before release.
That's because
  1. Rockstar were super fucking strict on who could get copies of the game. We only started getting leaked footage like 3 days before release.
  2. People who got early copies were less likely to dump the game because PS4 hacking is not as widespread as Switch hacking
  3. Firmware
Nintendo are notoriously lax on security so this ain't surprising. Also Smash has way more hype in enthusiast communities than RDR2. Zelda got leaked a week before release.

Neufr0

Nov 20, 2017
I can safely say that 90% of the people playing this right now already have preordered the game.
For casual players who hacked their Switch, it will look like a fishy file from some random guy.

Leaks happen all the time, especially for a big game like Smash. This will not impact the sales in any significant way.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
remember everyone -- the hacking scene for the Switch is only for "homebrew" reasons, not pirating

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That can't be right, nintendo used some magic paste to fix their hardware flaws.
That hack also has not been released, and the team who cracked it will not be releasing the key at all. This has nothing to even do with that either and all this post is, is a drive-by shitpost.

These pirates are on older firmware to begin with and likely never going to update from what they have. Going online means a full console ban.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
User banned (3 days): Asking for piracy links
I don't believe you. Post the link. :o

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I can safely say that 90% of the people playing this right now already have preordered the game.
For casual players who hacked their Switch, it will look like a fishy file from some random guy.

Leaks happen all the time, especially for a big game like Smash. This will not impact the sales in any significant way.

It doesn't matter if it impacts sales, it's still illegal and it's still shitty that they get to play it while those who abide by the law don't

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
we are just advertising this shit doing threads like this
Eh, this is huge news so it woulda made its way here anyways. I think it just sucks for legit consumers that they have to wait 2 weeks while pirates get to play right now. Whatever though, this is just par for the course with Nintendo releases

'member Skyward Sword and BotW?

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck those assholes.
And fuck the people here encouraging this shit. Not even trying to hide the fact they encourage piracy any more.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Advertising the stream with the pirated link (like the other datamining thread is doing) seems bad but talking about the stream in post #2 here should be ok? Before it gets taken down anyway.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Damn guy doesnt even play Smash but is a good sport at least.
Advertising the stream with the pirated link (like the other datamining thread is doing) seems bad but talking about the stream in post #2 here should be ok? Before it gets taken down anyway.
About that...

Aaaand the person just said they don't mind sharing the NSP.

A defense force for piracy showed up. It didn't even make it past the first page. Amazing.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Just a lone brave warrior trying to preserve this niche game

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
There's a lot of brickcode being passed around at the moment that is hardcoded to set off at a certain date. This is going to be really interesting lmao.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
remember everyone -- the hacking scene for the Switch is only for "homebrew" reasons, not pirating

That's really not fair at all, a lot just use homebrew/emulators. Saying that people who use the console they purchased and have the right to do as they wish with it are automatically pirates is really shitty.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There's a lot of brickcode being passed around at the moment that is hardcoded to set off at a certain date. This is going to be really interesting lmao.
I have no idea if this is true or not

But I sure hope it is, I hate all hackers for any reason lol. Would be hilarious as hell

signal

Oct 28, 2017
3iLl7ux.png

lol

/hbg/ discord. not going to link it here for obvious reasons but this is getting really interesting ngl. people who are downloading smash atm are fucking idiots lmfao. just buy the fuckin' game.
I think the guy on stream linked in post 2 here just said he was playing a downloaded copy too? lol

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017

safely say? Also, You mean 90 percent cancelled their preorders. Why save a preorder? Let's be real. They'll Just download another ROM to preserve it....

Sad to see this happen. Sakurai and his team worked hard on this. People just don't care anymore. I hope Nintendo is on this.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That's really not fair at all, a lot just use homebrew/emulators. Saying that people who use the console they purchased and have the right to do as they wish with it are automatically pirates is really shitty.
about the emulation part... I mean let's face it, some people who champion emulation also pirate through that too

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
I hope they're arrested for good with a nice fat bill too. Rot and suffer like they beg for

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ever since the fake LGPE ROM, there are some who are wanting to get into doing that and even devising more crueler methods. Like Vestan mentioned, timer based ones, where the game could run fine but on any sudden day your system will get bricked. And the person won't even know what caused the bricking either because it's timer based and plenty of things could happen during that time period of you installing the game to it finally bricking, say, days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.