• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Especially Perfect Dark raises an eyebrow, isn't that owned by MS?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
If you're working on a new emulator, you'll absolutely need to test different software on it, even if you're just planning on releasing that one game.

Don't do this to yourselves.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
giphy.gif

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing Mario Party isn't making the initial cut

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
They could be just the games that were used for internal testing of the newly developed emulator.
However, I doubt they developed these emulators not to use them for other games - maybe not the ones of these lists, but the are countless candidates.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
If you're working on a new emulator, you'll absolutely need to test different software on it, even if you're just planning on releasing that one game.

Don't do this to yourselves.
Not sure if you'd test a game like Perfect Dark that's dependend on a piece of accessory that's not supported by the game you actually want to run.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Must have been internal tests. I can't imagine why they would release Pokemon Snap 64 when the new game is coming out.

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
Wasn't Banjo-Kazooie found to have an emulation profile on Wii VC? I wouldn't look too much into this. Nintendo just tested some games with their emulator.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Not sure if you'd test a game like Perfect Dark that's dependend on a piece of accessory that's not supported by the game you actually want to run.
For debugging purposes, that's literally the best possible reason to test a game like Perfect Dark. By running it, you'll make the emulator face situations that it wouldn't otherwise.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
> no mischiefmakersRenderer
> no buckbumbleRenderer
> no snowboardkidsRenderer
> no goemonRenderer

I regret coming into this thread

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Kirby 64 and Pokemon Snap. 👍

Doubt it would happen, but I'd love Body Harvest. Never really played it much (was too young to really understand what to do), but I remember it being really cool.