• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
dtk7ugmk6r941.jpg

Can't post any scans, but this the general gist of it. Took it from a reddit post.

-Nemesis will use an improved version of the AI developed for the Tyrant of Resident Evil 2 Remake.

-Sound will be very important in a city like Raccoon City, you will have to rely on it to anticipate dangers lying in wait around the corner.

-Confirmation that we will visit the streets, the shops, the Stagla petrol station, the Raccoon Press offices, the hospital. Not open world, but far more open then the original title.

-Nemesis was created in real life to be able to be scanned via photogrammetry.

-Mercenaries mode will not return, replaced by Project Resistance.

-The mutant worms are back.

-Carlos will be playable.

-There will not be the action choice mechanism as in the original, which could give different sequences of the game afterwards or an advantage over a danger. (Apparently this is actually unconfirmed, the response was about the endings.)

-There will also be no more endings.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Said this in the other thread but RE2 also scaled back on several things from the original like the different interactions and cut-scenes from the original depending on which character did the A or B route. I don't mind this similar scaleback for RE3.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
-There will not be the action choice mechanism as in the original, which could give different sequences of the game afterwards or an advantage over a danger.

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in things like this, because part of what makes RE3 so interesting to me are specifically the choose-your-own-adventure interludes like this, and the randomization of item placement and puzzles. Assuming the latter is also lacking, which at this point I wouldn't be surprised, this becomes something that has extremely little replay value to me unlike RE2make and the original RE3.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
The choices were one of the more unique parts of 3 can't believe they've just dropped it.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
A bit disappointing. I take it no endings means the epilogue cards and the Barry helicopter scene. Mercenaries being replaced by the awful looking this is a bit sad to me too. I suppose the decisions are more gameplay based now with the routes to take or the way to tackle encounters and feel more organic than the live action decision thing of the original.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It was nice to have, but that stuff added alot of continuity errors and debate? This means it'll be a more focused experience.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that means the choices are more integrated into the game rather than dialogue prompts.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Happy about the more open structure of the game. Also Nemesis looks cool af.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
'' -Mercenaries mode will not return at launch, replaced by Project Resistance. ''

Well this is disappointing. I'll take mercs over resistance any day. I'm really looking forward to RE3, but almost can see them cutting a lot of content again.

btw didn't know OPM is still around these days.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
not so fast. The magazine doesnt say it will be post launch support, they only confirm: Mercenaries mode will not return.

Yea I doubt they'll bring back Mercenaries instead of updating Project Resistance in some fools errand to capture that Dead by Daylight market.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
No Mercenaries isn't a deal breaker by any stretch of the imagination, but damn if it isn't disappointing.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I doubt they'll bring back Mercenaries instead of updating Project Resistance in some fools errand to capture that Dead by Daylight market.

I honestly look forward to Project Resistance, but if it's not good enough, then it simply won't have a big playerbase, and that always sucks.

Would've liked mercenaries tho, I want to see it in the new RE engine.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Not a fan of cutting the QTE choices and endings.

Similarly I was disappointed how RE2 scaled back the A-B scenario connections.
I don't understand why some of those unique aspects that differentiated the early RE games are being cut. RE1 Remake did it perfectly, take everything from the original and add more cool shit on top of it.

Sesha

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
I expected it, but shame nonetheless. Sadly RE3 isn't 2, so most people won't care. Mercenaries ain't gonna get the clamoring that Hunk or Tofu did.

OP
OP
CenturionNami

CenturionNami

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not a fan of cutting the QTE choices and endings.

Similarly I was disappointed how RE2 scaled back the A-B scenario connections.
I don't understand why some of those unique aspects that differentiated the early RE games are being cut. RE1 Remake did it perfectly, take everything from the original and add more cool shit on top of it.
Because forced camera angles and tank controls don't belong in a 2019 game.

And games are designed fundamentally different to how they were 20 years ago.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the choice system is basically what you decide to do in game? Like stand and fight or run in real time?

Gutted about Mercs to be honest. The rest sounds great though.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
What does "no more endings" mean?

No new endings added?
No more multiple endings like the original game?
The game never ends and is a GAAS?

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No idea what Mercenaries is, as I never played it, even though I beat RE3 several times. Not sure what I'm missing out on since I have no affinity for it. Lack of a choice system is eh... but whatever. I'm not one to get hung up on that since this is a remake and if I want that I'll just play the original.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
They really shouldn't have created an actual Nemesis, I think that's a real bad idea I dunno. šŸ˜¬

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
I haven't played Resi 3 before. Does this mean the game won't have replay value or new game + type content like in Resi 2?

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
All sounds great to me... Except the lack of Mercenaries.

I just don't care about this Project Resistance

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
If you're going to try to make a GaaS RE type thing, I'd much rather you go big and make a full Raccoon City survival type thing, where you have to scrounge ammo and solve puzzles all over the city and can occasionally run into other players. Every now and then a BOW gets dropped into a random part of the city, something like that. I'd at least be willing to give it a solid go. The part of Resistance where there has to be a villain mastermind laying traps is where it super falls apart for me.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Considering STARS doesn't exist in real life, wouldn't a real life Nemesis be kinda harmless?