• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Source is Tim Soret's Twitter: https://twitter.com/timsoret/status/957297041742467073

Quick #TheLastNight FAQ:
  • Specs? For now, 1080p ~60fps on a GTX660.
  • 4K/60fps on Xbox One X? "Yes that's what we're targeting."
  • Platforms? at launch, Xbox One & PC. Hopefully Mac & Linux too.
  • Date? not yet
  • 21:9? yes
  • 4K HDR? yes
  • Localisation? yes
  • Jobs? soon (...) at some point this year, we'll need an additional animator, another environment artist, and a 3D modeler. In London would be better, we're already very scattered and it makes collaboration harder.
  • Keys? too early
  • "Can we see more of the game ?" No my friend. We try to keep the pleasure of discovery. Please wait for the upcoming gameplay trailers, but we want you to discover the game by yourself.
  • Boxed version? We've started discussions with several partners for that yes. Probably not mainstream retail (we would earn almost nothing on that), but maybe a gorgeous collector's edition sold online with a making-of, artbook and a special item. No promises for now.
  • About portuguese translation: "Portuguese, yes surely. Pt br, we'll try, not sure. I wrote it down and we'll explore feasibility."
  • About spanish translation: "Yes of course. It's one of the most spoken language in the world!"
  • About Korean subtitles: "I hope so yes. I love South Korea <3"
  • Chinese support? "Yes"
  • About crossplay: "I'll have to see with Microsoft. Maybe?"

Last edited:

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
This is that alt-right game about a future where "feminism wins," right?

03iJKQ3.gif

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even though the guy said he's changed from his old ways, he still tweets stuff that is pretty anti-SJW, and defended Quantic Dream.

e: he also retweeted a tweet that implies ResetERA exists because of "the Authoritarian Left and their Identity Politics" so I doubt he'll be visiting to answer questions

Last edited:

PoshAlligator

Jan 24, 2018
Super cold on this. There's enough fantastic indie devs around, and new stuff all the time, for me to not feel the need to dive into this one when there's so much else out there.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did the company ever make a statement saying that the game and company don't endorse this man's views? Or even Microsoft? That's my problem, we literally only have this guys tweet to go by which very plainly state, this game is set in a world where feminism won and other alt right talking points

This is going to be one controversial game when it comes out

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did the company ever make a statement saying that the game and company don't endorse this man's views? Or even Microsoft? That's my problem, we literally only have this guys tweet to go by which very plainly state, this game is set in a world where feminism won and other alt right talking points

This is going to be one controversial game when it comes out

What company? It's Tim Soret, a writer who keeps batting for Soret's shit and retweeting alt-right crap and some other person who's apparently ok with working with these two. We're not talking some dude in a 100 people studio here.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
The game is certainly beautiful and will have some nice music if that trailer is anything to go by. We'll see when they show more.

Cranston

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This game looks wonderful.

And it's perfectly reasonable to contemplate a world where liberal policies become illiberal.

Jan 11, 2018
I'm willing to wait and see what the plot of this game actually turns out to be. If it's just sexist drivel and fear-mongering about unrealistic dystopian "consequences" for allowing real life feminism, I'll pass. However, I don't think the proposed concept behind the story itself, the oppressed becoming the oppressor, is necessarily something that cannot make for an interesting plot device. That being said, I would lie if I said I have high expectations on how the subject will be handled in this particular case. But still, I'd rather wait until the game is out before I pass my final judgment on it.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
Oh cool, on his twitter he retweets that a popular gaming forum lost its popularity because of "Identity politics" and the "Authoritarian Left" and not because the founder was credibly accused of sexual harassment and misconduct.

Boy oh boy, I can't wait to experience a world of his creation. Can't wait to explore his art. Can't. Wait.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Along with his feminism is dystopian shit, he also said the game is about the consequences of giving people universal healthcare.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
C'mon guys can't we separate the douchebag artist from the douchebag art
Not when his shitty alt-right mentalities are baked within the game itself, which, if the statements he's made on Twitter are indicative of the finished product, seems to be the case here.

Also, while separating the art from the artist is a perfectly fine thing to do, it is by no means the be-all end-all mentality you should always have one hundred percent of the time. Like, it's great if that works for you, and I mean that genuinely, but there's no one specific right or wrong way of doing things when it comes to these situations.

Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent, but I see people taking this separation of art from the artist as the singular way to view a piece of media so, so often.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not when his shitty alt-right mentalities are baked within the game itself, which, if the statements he's made on Twitter are indicative of the finished product, seems to be the case here.

Also, while separating the art from the artist is a perfectly fine thing to do, it is by no means the be-all end-all mentality you should always have one hundred percent of the time. Like, it's great if that works for you, and I mean that genuinely, but there's no one specific right or wrong way of doing things when it comes to these situations.

Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent, but I see people taking this separation of art from the artist as the singular way to view a piece of media so, so often.
I think he was making fun of people who say that kind of crap of separating art from the artist.

At least I hope so.

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
C'mon guys can't we separate the douchebag artist from the douchebag art

No because his mentalities are the cornerstones of the game's plot. This isn't like the Dragon Quest composer being a scumbag, he just makes nice music for a cute series he has no other control over, this is like reading Milo's dumb book and asking people to separate it from its author.

Oct 31, 2017
Along with his feminism is dystopian shit, he also said the game is about the consequences of giving people universal healthcare.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone as he's posted quite a bit about the positives of universal health care, universal basic income, and what he perceives as the horrors of America's system.

Some of the board also needs to realize that there are progressives who didn't like GAF despite the liberal bend due to authoritarian moderation, especially from the very top. That's why many people, once the mods all stepped down, talked about feeling like they could never speak their mind, thinking they'd be banned for not lining up with the prevailing liberal position. Yes, many liberals hated GAF. I think calling an actual leftist part off the alt right falls right into the previous board's failings.

Wiggles

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys, here's some interesting info for people actually interested in the game-

ALT-RIGHT
FEMINISM
MILKSHAKE DUCK

... might as well just make OT's specifically for shitting about games if every topic made is just gonna turn into this shit.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
In threads like these I always love the people who come in, completely ignoring the conversation, go "looks great! Can't wait to buy it!" and never come back. Not only is it a drive by, they know what they're doing. But like I and others have said in previous similar threads, we see you. We know what you're doing too.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

The fact that I've heard it argued so many times makes it hard to see insincerity.

Ya'll need to get less subtle so my dumb ass doesn't write a paragraph-length rebuttal to every joke post I see, lmfao.
I understand, I seen that kind of argument been spout out to excuse the horrible behavior and rhetoric of people who create entertainment (be it developers, actors, directors, etc.) so it's hard to differentiate sometimes.

Even though people complain I agree with the mods that sometimes is better to put a /s at end of sentences so we don't misconstrue sarcasm as what someone is actually thinking.

Oct 25, 2017
canada
despite whatever you think, looking at his twitter

that is one sick looking lego build, holy hell

just found that Tyler Malka piece in there. authoritarian left lol

Last edited:

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State

Well with the themes of the game and his views being front and center in the game itself, I'm just making sure you knew that's what I was alluding to with "douchebag art" ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.