• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Morgan J

Oct 26, 2017
Nope directly to the TV.

For this unit I used a new TV which has never been connected to the other units. There is only one other possiblity which could be causing this and thats the external HDD yet my Xbox One and S have never had this issue with it connected.

I'm speaking with MS support now and they are trying to see if the engineer has left any notes from the repair.

Try using it without external HDD and see if it gets better. You have major bad luck man :/

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Nope directly to the TV.

For this unit I used a new TV which has never been connected to the other units. There is only one other possiblity which could be causing this and thats the external HDD yet my Xbox One and S have never had this issue with it connected.

I'm speaking with MS support now and they are trying to see if the engineer has left any notes from the repair.

What TVs have you tried? I've read of some issues with some Samsung models. Also some people find that they only get reliable results using particular inputs on the TV...clearly some sort of HDCP issue.

Shapes

Nov 6, 2017
Funny thing, I was actually considering an Xbox One X just minutes ago, having just read the headers of thesetwo threads. However, seeing this all I can think is "not this shit again" - only to move on, at least postponing the purchase for the future. Still haven't forgotten the red ring, and to be honest I am probably overreacting.

If anything, this plays out as a marketing lesson for companies: your history matters. As if anyone had missed it.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Funny thing, I was actually considering an Xbox One X just minutes ago, having just read the headers of thesetwo threads. However, seeing this all I can think is "not this shit again" - only to move on, at least postponing the purchase for the future. Still haven't forgotten the red ring, and to be honest I am probably overreacting.

If anything, this plays out as a marketing lesson for companies: your history matters. As if anyone had missed it.

What? Its a tiny amount of reports of issues entirely consistent with any console or tech release. The majority of issues were day 1 or 2 after release.

You'll never be able to buy a popular tech product again if you're put off by some people having issues. Either that or you'll never be able to look on the internet again.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

Lol okay don't buy anything tech related I guess. The number of units reported is absurdly small compared to what's selling. This isn't anything special or out of the ordinary for any piece of tech.

Shapes

Nov 6, 2017
Which is what was initially said last time, a message that changed over time. All I am doing is postponing a purchase due to some uncertainties, relax. :D

As I said, history matters. Companies aim to deliver an emotional impact, trying to bond with customers and becoming "their choice" - part of that is that they become "their problematic ex" when issues have arisen.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
I can't make threads and don't see a better one than this one...

My One X, which I just got yesterday, has turned itself off three times today with no warning. It doesn't brick - I'm able to start it right back up and it works fine again. Until the next time. Once when I was playing WW2, once when I was browsing the Countdown sale, and once when I had Forza 7 paused for a few minutes.

Luckily I bought it on Amazon, and they're overnighting me a new one at no cost. But this is kind of annoying and surprising.

zero71

Dec 4, 2017
Just discovered this thread. Should have posted here not the OT. My first XB One X lasted a week before it died. My second one has just died less than 3 months later. So disappointing. How long do MS take to turn around a repair? Amazon replaced the first one..