• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JakeD

Nov 7, 2017
"let's have some fun!"

*proceeds to click on a readme.txt file from 30 years ago that barely loads*

whoooa buddy settle down!! lmao

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
The most surprising part is probably that someone still has a working 5.25" floppy, every single one I own can no longer be read due to age.

ErazorRain

Oct 25, 2017
Technically he did not connect the Switch to a 5.25" floppy drive. he only uses a web Interface and the Switches internal hidden browser to read from the floppy via a Notebook, wich acts as a server. Still kind of weird to see!

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Aww I thought he was going to connect the two, pretty neat regardless I suppose

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
This reminds me of a vid where a guy hooked up a floppy reader to his android phone with usb and installed commander keane in a DOS emulator from the original diskettes...I was impressed to say the least LOL

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
hackers-mirror-floppy-disk-draw-YOSPOS-1388791509i.gif

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I dont get it. The Switch is just using the online browser to open a text and jpg. There is no hardware connectivity between the floppy drive and the console.

So bait for clicks. I would recommend not to watch the video. I could do this with a PSP or anything using a web browser really.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Really it's just an eight minute video of a dude using the web browser to access online storage in the most inefficient way ever.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
You know what would be a cool application for connecting a Switch to a 5.25" floppy? Installing a C64 emulator on a hacked Switch and through some mess of adapters making it read a game using a C64 disk drive. For example there's a device called XS1541 that has plugs for C64 serial cables and USB-B.