• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Dreams on PS4 hardware nonetheless. The UE5 demonstration was on PS5.

Winner: Dreams.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
How. This might have demanded such dedication, and it's really beautiful, what a wonderful work!

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the guy who made Nanite took some inspiration from Dreams and he said he's gonna talk about those things in his presentation (won't mention Dreams by name most likely but will talk about the techniques like how he used Signed distance fields etc)

How. This might have demanded such dedication, and it's really beautiful, what a wonderful work!
The person who made this said it took him 2 hours to make it.

Oct 27, 2017
With Dreams it's super easy to do stuff like what the video was showing, creating stalactites just by copy pasting, rotating/sizing, and placing. There are tricks to use shapes to quickly make things like rippled rock formations and such. Knowing the tricks, and having experience and a good sense of level design (all of which I do not have) will get to results like this. It's been fun trying to attempt to come close to some of these results.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
I thought how come so fast but yeah its only the opening cave section a part of it. Understandable since it was a 2h work by the uploader. Most impressive thing here for me is how he can actively change rocks around here and there freely increasing decreasing size or adding more all in real time. For what it is and the ease of it, it is a great engine for sure.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
Such a shame that Sony never cared about this game's marketing.
I might get it down the line to play all sorts of creations from other players, like that Avatar game I keep seeing on YouTube.

This looks incredible though.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
This game offers an impressive amount of tools but I feel like it would have benefited greatly from keyboard and mouse support.

May 31, 2018
Somebody make Virtua Fighter 6 in Dreams!!

Seriously though...how hard is it to make something in this game? I'd love to tap into some creative juices, but I feel like this is wayyyy out of my league.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 can have unlimited Dreams thermometer right? Right!? 800,000,000 triangles vs ∞ splats.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Such a shame that Sony never cared about this game's marketing.
I might get it down the line to play all sorts of creations from other players, like that Avatar game I keep seeing on YouTube.

This looks incredible though.
I keep hoping that ps4 version is actually just a beta test for the real, unlimited power, Dreams PS5 version and Sony will only start marketing this game with PS5 ver launching

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Somebody make Virtua Fighter 6 in Dreams!!

Seriously though...how hard is it to make something in this game? I'd love to tap into some creative juices, but I feel like this is wayyyy out of my league.
To make something like this from scratch? Extremely difficult.

To make some basic 3D platformer stages using other people's assets? Actually not bad.