• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
As someone who doesn't like Spiderman at all but would love a high quality super hero game right now, I might just dive into this game, it just screams high quality to me.
Is there suppose to a lot of side content to do?

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, one of those confirms my favourite fan theory:

mEPZpMu.jpg

Man this is too good.

BigBluePig

Jul 5, 2018
Having him wear the OG suit only makes me more confident this is a Miles Morales game in disguise.

Peter's gonna get attacked/taken prisoner by the villains we saw in the E3 trailer, and Miles will have to save him and take them all down.

That and Insomniac saying the LE statue is "a huge spoiler" and won't be showing it before launch...the statue is Miles in the suit we've all seen up until this point with the mask off.

Draft your tweets.

I hope not, I want to play as Peter Parker

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Having him wear the OG suit only makes me more confident this is a Miles Morales game in disguise.

Peter's gonna get attacked/taken prisoner by the villains we saw in the E3 trailer, and Miles will have to save him and take them all down.

That and Insomniac saying the LE statue is "a huge spoiler" and won't be showing it before launch...the statue is Miles in the suit we've all seen up until this point with the mask off.

Draft your tweets.
latest

Rogue

Nov 7, 2017
Behind you

Draft your tweets.

I'm down.

Throw in Silk and Gwen, too.

FancyPants

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Draft your tweets.

Lol.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY

Draft your tweets.

No, we've seen the statue. It's Spidey in his suit.

What we haven't seen is the BOTTOM of the statue. At least, that's how I interpreted it. The image shows him perched on top of a big box that's covered up.

6XenAPT.jpg

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
This Russian article says Sony told them it was accidentally the full game? (edit: changed "final build" to "full game")

https://translate.google.ru/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&u=https://dtf.ru/games/24069-zagadochnaya-istoriya-slishkom-dlinnogo-demo-spider-man-na-festivale-vkontakte&edit-text=&act=url

After a couple of hours after asking the employee of the festival, from which suddenly brought such a long demo, I received an unexpected answer: "In fact, this is the final build!"

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

It's not the final build, this is the preview build, most likely the one the press got their hands on the last 2 weeks. James Stevenson has said it himself in this thread and Insomniac has said it as well on Twitter. Here's his post below.

correct, it was the preview build of the game which contains the first couple of hours.

thankfully no one seemed to play past the first mission, but still, people watching stuff like the opening cutscene (which we were saving for the experience at home) in suboptimal conditions (with no sound), or seeing someone badly playing the first boss fight... just kind of a huge bummer for everyone on the team

BoredLemon

Nov 11, 2017
Spoiler-free impressions from that VK Fest demo (Google Translate)
Source - https://dtf.ru/games/24086-vpechatl...man-na-festivale-vkontakte-v-tezisah-i-gifkah
It is worth noting that the conditions of the game at the stand could hardly be called ideal. Because of the nearby dance scene, the sound of the headphones seemed very quiet, even at maximum volume. But what is - that is.
  • In terms of combat the game is very similar to the Batman Arkham series titles . In action scenes you need to beat large groups of enemies, in time evading bullets and strikes.
  • If you can not tolerate the game Rocksteady, then the purchase of Spider-Man is seriously worth thinking about - Insomniac clearly peeking at colleagues.
  • In the early stages of the game all types of enemies are recognizable - The security guards reinforced with shields should be beaten from the back, and those who have firearms in their hands should be eliminated first.There are also opponents with knives and axes - they know how to put a block.
  • Health in the game is not automatically restored. Parker earns him for success in the fight, and health points need to be periodically "pumped" into the main character by pressing the button on the cross.
  • To say that Spider-Man - "reskin" Batman Arkham, of course, can not . In the game Insomniac much more acrobatics and use of the environment.Enemies can be thrown into the air, glued in cobwebs to different surfaces and hurled at each other.
  • The developers have provided a lot of contextual animations , which coolly enliven what is happening on the screen. Say, if Parker pulls up on a cobweb to the enemies behind the railing, then one of them immediately gets over the face.
  • At the end of the demonstration, the game invited me to open the first additional Ability . They are split into Spider-Man already on three trees , so that closer to the final gameplay will certainly look quite different.
  • Of course, in the game there are powerful fights , which open at a time when Spider-Man fill the concentration scale .
  • The battle with Wilson Fisk did not like . He was an ordinary thick-skinned mob, which had to be constantly "spammed" with cobwebs. Fisk is not bad as the first boss, but does not cause any enthusiasm.
  • Like Batman, in enclosed spaces Spider-Man Loves to Move Through Ventilation . And this is not just a connecting element for locations: if you see an enemy passing just under the bars, you can quickly tighten it to yourself by tying it tightly with a cobweb.

• The game has QTE, but not very much - developers often abandon it in favor of beautiful clips without any control from the player. I managed to see at least two types of QTE - multiple pressing one button "on the force" and the timely pressing of buttons during the battle with the boss (you need to catch the moment when one circle in the UI enters the inside of the other).
  • The game has automatic parkour , which is activated by pressing "R2". It looks cool, but when it was turned on, I ran into the first game design in Spider-Man - the windows that attracted the light turned out to be an invisible wall (other people at the stand were stumbling upon them).
  • It seems that in story missions you can not look at the windows, nor jump out of them - Inside buildings, the game becomes linear.

• Moving around the city is done at the highest level - the web really clings to buildings, and therefore Parker, for example, sharply loses altitude if it flies from the business quarter to a more mundane one. Running on the walls, firing yourself like a slingshot, pushing off from the roofs is a pleasure.
  • Judging by half an hour in the game, the city is made at level inFamous: Second Son . It is mostly perceived as a decoration for missions. Since Parker himself does not drive a car, the traffic has been done quite arbitrarily.
  • The game looks very nice (especially on the PS4 Pro in HDR), but it's not worth waiting for any special miracles - everything on the familiar level for Sony . Savings developers primarily on reflections - crawling on skyscrapers, in the windows of himself Parker will not see. But with the range of drawing and detail everything is in order.
  • The first side-missions seemed very boring . I stopped two robberies (a usual fight for five minutes) and cracked the first connection tower to help the police (you need to synchronize the frequencies by rotating the sticky stick in Batman Arkham).
  • Parker turned out to be canonical. He always jokes - for example, that Wilson Fisk has too pure ventilation for such a "dirty" person.

And also a few minor spoilers.
  • I managed to play for Peter Parker and without the suit of Spider-Man. At the beginning of the game there is a scene where he helps in the laboratory (still good) to Dr. Octavius, that the developers have not yet advertised.
  • The scientific experiments of the protagonist in practice look something like puzzles from BioShock - only connect not pipes with water, but electrical circuits.
  • As it appears, Octavius will be one of the key villains of the game . In the first hours he already conducts experiments on himself, and sooner or later something will go wrong.

Jokegeta

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ive had a feeling that the new suit spiderman has been Miles the whole time. That scene where someone was putting the spider mask on doest look like Parker.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Ive had a feeling that the new suit spiderman has been Miles the whole time. That scene where someone was putting the spider mask on doest look like Parker.
Is this sarcasm lol. We've literally seen him with the mask off constume on.

It's Peter Parker.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
And also a few minor spoilers.
  • I managed to play for Peter Parker and without the suit of Spider-Man. At the beginning of the game there is a scene where he helps in the laboratory (still good) to Dr. Octavius, that the developers have not yet advertised.
  • The scientific experiments of the protagonist in practice look something like puzzles from BioShock - only connect not pipes with water, but electrical circuits.
  • As it appears, Octavius will be one of the key villains of the game . In the first hours he already conducts experiments on himself, and sooner or later something will go wrong.

These spoilers are not that minor for people who want to go in blind, I wouldn't recommend clicking on these

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

Draft your tweets.
No. Peter Parker have it's fans. Sony/Insomniac is selling to you a Peter Parker game. Not a Miles one. People would be pissed.
But yeah, of course, we can expect the statue to have
Spider-Man_%28Miles_Morales%29.jpg

Or hell even this :
latest

But the selling point of the game is : "you play a 22/23 years old Peter Parker", having to play an inexperimented Miles goes 100% against what the promo has sold to you.

Maybe the statue will just be this
2daacc204c073c2669b2a75a9cda234f.jpg

I think the spoiler is the final boss/a bunch of bad guys that have not been revealed yet, that's it.
But no way that it is not a Peter Parker game.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even want to see a thumbnail of this.

Anyone know of good chrome extensions to block spiderman-related youtube recommendations/videos?