• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
y'all i been telling you i had a thread halo is all about making his waifu real. here we fuckin go!

Game Fan

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
tenor.gif

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Hm... My initial thoughts is that I wonder if this "Cortana" is a fragment from the end of Halo 4 that maybe didn't join the other rampant fragments?

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm. Its the audio from this part? Did Cortana maybe make a old copy of herself?

8gvubljwke331.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Wow they're going to finally go all the way give Cortana a real body so her and chief can smash. By God those absolute mad men

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
I remember people loving the Halo 5 ARG and then being hilariously disappointed when the actual game dropped the ball on everything people liked about it.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
About this "Cortana is a real person" business: Those footsteps are way too heavy to be Cortana (opinion), you hear an energy sound similar to her coming online in Halo 4/Forward Unto Reach.

My take on the voice clip is that Chief finds a tiny splinter of Cortana somewhere where it shouldn't be (possibly within his suit's systems or within the Halo matrix). Fan reaction to evil Cortana was so negative that I could see them trying to redeem her (or maybe it was always the plan?) by having a good vs evil Cortana fight. We'll of course help in someway by hitting switches or shooting stuff.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Maybe we'll be lucky and the game won't have Cortana. I loved her in the first three games, but she was just boring as all hell in Halo 4 and absolutely insufferable in Halo 5.

EDIT: So I don't get any more premature alerts on this, I refined my comment below:

Maybe. It's been so long since I played Halo 4 that I might be confusing parts of it with Halo 5 in my head. Halo 4 as a whole was just a boring slog, though, so that might be part of my issue.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2018
Maybe we'll be lucky and the game won't have Cortana. I loved her in the first three games, but she was just boring as all hell in Halo 4 and absolutely insufferable in Halo 5

Halo 4 - boring as in ,actual fleshed out character' boring?
Cortana in H4 was brilliant, the way she choose to end it all was brilliant...

Agree with the H5 part though...

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Halo 4 - boring as in ,actual fleshed out character' boring?
Cortana in H4 was brilliant, the way she choose to end it all was brilliant...

Agree with the H5 part though...

Maybe. It's been so long since I played Halo 4 that I might be confusing parts of it with Halo 5 in my head. Halo 4 as a whole was just a boring slog, though, so that might be part of my issue.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
After someone did it to a Microsoft error message, I have to ask: Has anyone tried scanning in Pokemon Sun/Moon yet?

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe we'll be lucky and the game won't have Cortana. I loved her in the first three games, but she was just boring as all hell in Halo 4 and absolutely insufferable in Halo 5
Boring in 4? It's the only Halo I've bothered playing til the end, and it was at least 50% because of the Cortana and MC story. Loved it.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean if they have to run every goddamn thing back story wise to please Halo fans then they should just stop bothering to make stories imo.