• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I am so glad Nintendo didn't monetize this game. They could've gotten away with so much. Like Amiibo Recipe cards that scalpers would buy and sell for $100 on eBay.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Just wait til you see what people are doing on eBay...
Ilyvph4.png

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just wait til you see what people are doing on eBay...
Ilyvph4.png
What. Why.... 655+ sold? No wonder IAP is so popular on mobile. Also why would you want to buy all the fossils. Why even play the game then? I'm confused.

That's crazy, might buy something from there (not eBay lol) just to try it out.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
What is 655 times $20?

Someone's small business is doing well during this recession I guess.

NSESN

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
And people call Tom Nook a ruthless businessmen, he isnt worse than a regular human

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I had an idea to build something like this. If only I didn't have school work. :(

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
How are people listing villagers for sale? It's not like you can buy a villager from someone's island...

penguindrum

Feb 10, 2019
How are people listing villagers for sale? It's not like you can buy a villager from someone's island...

Time travel to get villager to ask if they can move out. Then the next day the villager will be in boxes in their house, packing up to move. A person who visits your island and enters that villager's house while they are in boxes will be able to speak to them and invite them to move to their island. They always say yes to this invitation.
It's kind of a pain to time travel to get a particular villager to ask to move because they ask at random, but in my experience it takes under an hour to get the one you want to ask.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
Time travel to get villager to ask if they can move out. Then the next day the villager will be in boxes in their house, packing up to move. A person who visits your island and enters that villager's house while they are in boxes will be able to speak to them and invite them to move to their island. They always say yes to this invitation.
It's kind of a pain to time travel to get a particular villager to ask to move because they ask at random, but in my experience it takes under an hour to get the one you want to ask.
Interesting. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I remember back in the day a friend of mine made a sharing and trading website for Wild World that was huge. Without ads, and free. Times indeed have change.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018

Can't you do the same thing with just amiibo forcing them out? I've seen people listing like 4 villagers at once.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This site seems like a pain in the ass to contact people. Wanted to get a DIY recipe for the light up palm tree and the only way to message people is on Discord, yet most people's settings don't let your DM go through.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Why would people pay for bells? Its so easy to make 2 mill+ n 1 week. Just buy hella turnips then use turnip exchange

2 million in a week = 10 weeks to reach 20 million (as one seller is offering)

Easy or not, it's not fast for those that want instant rewards.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
What are some examples of rare items and what do they do

Most of the items are just decorative, they don't do much other than look cool.

Outside of seasonal events which feature items you can only get for a limited time, I'm not sure any of the items are that much rarer than others, but you typically only get access to a handful of items per day. If you want a specific item it could potentially take weeks to randomly happen to have it show up in your own game.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Those eBay listings remind me of people paying money for in-game MMO gold.

Doing this for AC is just nuts, though. The obsessive need to collect everything as fast as possible make people loony.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the items are just decorative, they don't do much other than look cool.

Outside of seasonal events which feature items you can only get for a limited time, I'm not sure any of the items are that much rarer than others, but you typically only get access to a handful of items per day. If you want a specific item it could potentially take weeks to randomly happen to have it show up in your own game.
No NES games like in animal crossing gamecube or something similar to them?

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not that I'm aware of. I've seen some people with collections of arcade cabinets, but I don't think you can actually play the games like in the original.
That's disappointing, I liked finding games in the gamecube one, surprised they don't let you play the arcade cabinets