• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What say you?

• #TeamCutContent

Votes: 294 26.4%
  • #TeamFake

Votes: 179 16.1%
  • #TeamMod

Votes: 366 32.9%
  • #TeamARG

Votes: 274 24.6%

• Total voters

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Arkham Asylum would like to know your location.

Cool stuff!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It would be equally impressive if it was a mod and they managed to make tools to edit maps that no-one else in the community has been able to get working.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Can't people use mods to clip through walls and stuff to check if it's real?

Foolish

Jun 23, 2022
Automata is on PC, no? Could this easily be proven real by using some program to pull out the game's maps and see if it's there?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The WHAT I just let out. If it is real that's really cool and an awesome thing to have the community come together around. Gonna have to reinstall NA.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Can't people use mods to clip through walls and stuff to check if it's real?

According to the reddit thread yes, but you just fall into a void as there's nothing there below the city. Also according to a post in that thread this is beyond the scope of current mod capabilities as well.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Ya know, I felt like that area was a bit too small for looking that cool.

Anything good in there?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, with datamining I don't think it's possible to keep stuff like that hidden anymore. Can't they just noclip there?

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
Didn't Yoko Taro himself confirm every secret in the game was found when Lance found the code to get the secret ending? Then again it's Yoko Taro so who knows

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
Seems fake (in terms that it is very likely a mod). The way the video cuts off kinda gives it away. I can't imagine a video of a real discovery would just cut off without getting to whatever dead end room bottomless pit ends the exploration.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Seems fake (in terms that it is very likely a mod). The way the video cuts off kinda gives it away. I can't imagine a video of a real discovery would just cut off without getting to whatever dead end room bottomless pit ends the exploration.

There's some other images where it shows the hallway ends in a church.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

That's apparently the fun part. It's either a secret no one really knows about or a mod that no one else in the modding community is able to get even close to replicating because of the limited toolset.

Regardless, very interesting.

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

That's the thing, if this is a mod then it's also a huge discovery because someone has managed to jump the limitations on adding geometry and custom assets to the game. None of it is doable right now with mod tools.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, looks a bit suspicious I have to say. The player knowing exactly where to access the door, especially.

If it isn't a mod, could it be a realistic possibility that someone recreated this scene in Unity to an astonishing degree or something like that?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Made in Dreams!

With some of the stuff I have seen this isn't as dumb as it sounds.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
I mean yoko tsro went on for a long time about how there is a secret in automata that hadnt been found, and its possible they took it out of the pc version so it wouldnt be datamined.

Would be fucking crazy if true though.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
According to the reddit thread yes, but you just fall into a void as there's nothing there below the city. Also according to a post in that thread this is beyond the scope of current mod capabilities as well.
Then my guess is that this is some clever way to promote some new mod tools that aren't publically available yet.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
If it isn't a mod, could it be a realistic possibility that someone recreated this scene in Unity to an astonishing degree or something like that?

I mean, I never doubt people's ability to go over and beyond to troll others, but that would almost be more impressive honestly. It looks exactly like the game lol.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
Then my guess is that this is some clever way to promote some new mod tools that aren't publically available yet.
"Hi, from the modding community here. We are leaning towards this being real -- keep in mind this is modding that _nobody_ else can do at the moment, so if it's fake it would be things the rest of us would consider close to impossible at the moment."

they seem stumped unless it's their campaign

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously you have to play the game in upside-down mode, collect all 100 secret hidden coins by playing through the game 100 times,then it will unlock for you.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible that they used spliced videos of real gameplay with stuff that he animated himself outside of the game?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Checking reddit that poster seems to only post about this, which is fishy. Also, I am pretty sure even if it is console only secret, you can datamine PS4 games too.
I will only accept it as real if that is actually Yoko Taro himself shitposting and showing cut content from an internal build.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
As someone who has only played a couple hours of Nier (something I plan to rectify eventually), which part is the hidden door? The smaller one in the wall, or the larger one at the end that leads into the rotating hallway?

If it's the latter it would be easier to fake, but if it's the former, that's really interesting since the enemies follow a bit into it (suggesting all the AI pathing, etc, checks out).

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
As someone who has only played a couple hours of Nier (something I plan to rectify eventually), which part is the hidden door? The smaller one in the wall, or the larger one at the end that leads into the rotating hallway?

If it's the latter it would be easier to fake, but if it's the former, that's really interesting since the enemies follow a bit into it (suggesting all the AI pathing, etc, checks out).
It is the former.