• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When no one tells you to stop

The PC Classic is a miniature game console that lets you play classic DOS games at home, at parties, conventions, and wherever else computer games from the 80s and 90s are required. The system is joystick-enabled, pre-configured, licensed, and incredibly easy to use.

The system is scheduled to begin crowdfunding in late November/early December 2018, and is slated to release in late Spring/early Summer 2019. Our target price is $99! If you'd like for us to tell you about updates to the project and when you can buy a PC Classic for yourself, sign up for our newsletter:

Edit:
Can a mod move this thread? My bad.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"All the games and software are licensed"
[All demos are of unlicensed games for demonstration purposes only]

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
This is getting silly now, who is this for?! Possible unpopular opinion: Besides a few classics, most DOS games sucked ass including some classics.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
ah, yes, the classic feel of playing DOS games with a 360 controller

also, you'd think that they'd put some noise cancelling in their promo video or use a half decent mic in a relatively quiet room. the background noise is about as loud as the guy himself

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
If only there were multiple services where I could download classic PC games and play them any way I want.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they decided that the color of the system should be reminiscent of a yellowed SNES system.

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terrible video.

Also, the design is perplexing. Why is the beige yellowed? The whole point of a new classic computer would be to get actual new beige, not have it look already 30 years old.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Is the discolored plastic look intentional? Cause if it is, it is inspired

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for the completely believable commercial of attractive people playing DOS games on the roof of their condo.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How on fucking earth did the "PC classic" end up being the one of these with the physical format games.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, are they planning on releasing games as a single title on a mini sd card? Like you would need to switch the SD card to play a different game?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
y not this

DnSPcgtU0AAr1CK.jpg

CGXXpiV.png

eZEOGVL.jpg

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
lol are you kidding me? I could play all those games and thousands more in 10 minutes on my phone!
With a wireless controller!!

Deleted member 11426

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greensboro NC
Good luck to them I guess. Might as well try to see where the limits are. There's even things like an old computer looking handheld running Oregon Trail at Target. The cream will rise to the top, even those AtGames licensed Sega shitboxes failed.