• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

She says she preordered it before the delay, this somehow than preloaded and she's able to play on her switch lite but it isn't in her library Or the option to redownload it

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
How did they even...

Come on Nintendo, just put a new release date on this thing already

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I'm like 99 percent sure this person just got the game cart illegally and is using the preload scenario as a really bad cover story. It makes no sense that somehow she kept her preload and it somehow unlocked, especially since game unlocks are global

OP
OP
foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also as of this version Olaf and the blue moon are still in the game

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
Considering today was the originally scheduled release date...? Nah, it sounds about right to me. Someone forgot to change the unlock date, lmao.
Aren't pre loads like 1 week before release? This would make impossible to have it as pre load since the game was delayed before that, also, there should be a ton of people playing, not only one

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Aren't pre loads like 1 week before release? This would make impossible to have it as pre load since the game was delayed before that, also, there should be a ton of people playing, not only one

There have been cases of pre-loads over a month before launch before. Also... most people wouldn't have bothered to check/notice, so it's not unreasonable that folks just didn't catch this.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Just surprised that only one person managed to get it though (as far as we know)

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I thought pre-loads stopped being downloaded immediately when the new pre-order system went into place, where now you're only charged and get to pre-load a week out from release.

cbajd5

Oct 25, 2017
There have been cases of pre-loads over a month before launch before. Also... most people wouldn't have bothered to check/notice, so it's not unreasonable that folks just didn't catch this.
Nintendo changed their preorder system on the eShop a while ago so that any preorders more than a week before the game launches don't actually get processed until a week before the game launches, at which point the preorder actually goes through (and a user's payment method is charged) at which point the game will start to preload. Before that there were preloads farther out than a week before the game launches but there shouldn't be any now.

The system also notifies you when a game has been preloaded (and will unlock on release date) with a little notification when it's done and another notification when it unlocks automatically. (And otherwise it connects online when you try to launch it.)

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
I think the preload story is way more believable than someone pirating this specific game somehow and then choosing to tweet about it.

OP
OP
foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo changed their preorder system on the eShop a while ago so that any preorders more than a week before the game launches don't actually get processed until a week before the game launches, at which point the preorder actually goes through (and a user's payment method is charged) at which point the game will start to preload. Before that there were preloads farther out than a week before the game launches but there shouldn't be any now.

The system also notifies you when a game has been preloaded (and will unlock on release date) with a little notification when it's done and another notification when it unlocks automatically. (And otherwise it connects online when you try to launch it.)
Glitches can and have happened, Nintendo having a system in place before that could preload games weeks beforehand can certainly lead to situations where someone could potentially get a game before they're suppose to, especially when it involves thousands if not potentially millions of switches

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Before the change, there were far fewer pre-order items on the eShop because pre-orders only went up once the software was available to pre-load. There were cases of games pre-loading a month early.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This was never able to be purchased on the eshop so it can't be that, must have found a copy that fell of the back of a truck

cbajd5

Oct 25, 2017
Glitches can and have happened, Nintendo having a system in place before that could preload games weeks beforehand can certainly lead to situations where someone could potentially get a game before they're suppose to, especially when it involves thousands if not potentially millions of switches
Their eShop backend for the Switch is pretty solid though, for example even if you switch your Nintendo account to a region where a game has already released you won't be able to launch a game if it hasn't been released in the region you purchased it in. Unless this person was literally the only person in the world who preordered it on the eShop I don't think it's plausible Nintendo only messed up with them.

Before the change, there were far fewer pre-order items on the eShop because pre-orders only went up once the software was available to pre-load. There were cases of games pre-loading a month early.
Yeah, that's what I said? Now that shouldn't be possible since even if the software would be available to preload more than a week before it's release date if a pre-order purchase went through it can't as you can't complete a pre-order purchase until a week before release. (You also can't switch the region of a Nintendo account with a preorder that hasn't preloaded yet unless you cancel it which is annoying.)

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
This was never able to be purchased on the eshop so it can't be that, must have found a copy that fell of the back of a truck
www.videogameschronicle.com

Nintendo eShop seemingly reveals Advance Wars’ new Switch release date | VGC

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp is set to release on April 8th 2022, according to the eShop.
Advanced-Wars-New-Release-Date-1280x720.jpg

Just to check, did this not let people preorder back then?

amara

Nov 23, 2021
The game files are going to show up on the internet anytime now huh. I wonder what Nintendo will do

Deleted member 12933

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had it preordered back when it was still up. When it got delayed I got an email about the delay from Nintendo then maybe a week later I got another email saying the preorder was cancelled. Nothing ever downloaded to my Switch. If the story is true, definitely a weird glitch.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
www.videogameschronicle.com

Nintendo eShop seemingly reveals Advance Wars’ new Switch release date | VGC

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp is set to release on April 8th 2022, according to the eShop.
Advanced-Wars-New-Release-Date-1280x720.jpg

Just to check, did this not let people preorder back then?
Pre-order sure, but this went up after the eShop changes, so I don't think the pre-load was ready at that point. But my only frame of reference is the NA eShop, so I can't say if these changes were instituted in other regions. It looks like the twitter poster is from Ireland?

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Have any of these screens/videos been shown before? Could just be a good fake.

Wouldn't be surprised by a glitch with the delay though. Edit: Definitely more likely if it's a region specific glitch.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I pre-ordered on the eShop July 7th of last year and on March 9th Nintendo emailed me to say they were delaying the game and my pre-order was cancelled. At no point in that time did it preload. 🤷‍♂️

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I just checked and the game's been straight up pulled from the eShop. Is that new? Cause last I checked, it was still on the eShop, just with the released date listed as TBA. But now it's not even listed whatsoever.

Rayasab

Banned
Apr 12, 2021
Probably testers copy? the game was done and ready to ship but the delay was due to the war in Ukraine

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
what makes this suspicious is that preloaded games won't unlock unless the Switch connects online.

how would a game that was pulled from the eshop get unlocked in this case?

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I don't know why some of you don't believe her account of things- literally how else could she be playing it unless you're suggesting she somehow stole the game from within Nintendo? Review keys have not been distributed as far as I know.

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Even if this person managed to pre-load the game, the game is unplayable until Nintendo distributes the title key to unencrypt the game. They'd have to connect to the internet to get the title key, and given that the title isn't for sale on the eShop, I'd be very surprised if they managed to get the key.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
What doesn't add up is this only happening for this person. If it was an issue with a region and hardware, for example, you'd expect at least some more people from there experiencing it. I'm suspicious.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know why some of you don't believe her account of things- literally how else could she be playing it unless you're suggesting she somehow stole the game from within Nintendo? Review keys have not been distributed as far as I know.

I dunno, fake it somehow? The preload story doesnt add up really, why only one person, why was it preloaded early? Apparently preload is only a week in advance?

Seems unlikely.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
You think this story's unbelievable? I ran into this one fucker who insisted he got the game over a decade ago, on the GAME BOY ADVANCE. He tried to tell me it was sold in two parts as well, separate carts and everything!

People will try to peddle any stupid BS these days!

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be pretty weird if a pirated version shows up online with the actual release nowhere in sight.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
This is wild. Maybe I'll get lucky and the physical copy I preordered from Target will accidentally get shipped to me. :p

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm on the wrong side of this but I didn't understand the delay anyway. Not like it helps the situation. Would have been cooler to release it and donate a percentage of first week sales to Ukraine.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Maybe I'm on the wrong side of this but I didn't understand the delay anyway. Not like it helps the situation. Would have been cooler to release it and donate a percentage of first week sales to Ukraine.
I kind of feel the same way. Like I understand especially with Blue Moon being a Russian allegory who does invade Orange Star at the beginning. But if the war in Ukraine continues for months on end what is Nintendo going to do? The game appears to be finished. Better to have portion of sales go to humanitarian efforts than just sitting on it.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
<3 Nell. <3

I bet some hacker group is desperately trying to buy her Switch to see if they can rip and release the game somehow haha. Imagine the 'buzz' that would drum up, delayed game 'leaked' online for modded Switch.