• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
Australia
CASCA IS BACK!!!
7B1Xvzd.jpg

bTj07yXl.jpg

This is big, no, this is MASSIVE! This is an event roughly 21 years in the making! In chapter 354 that just came out, the last page is Casca opening her eyes! As a Berserk fan, this is incredibly emotional after all the hype and extremely long build-up. I mean look at these reactions from Reddit, the SkullKnight forum and of course this forum. For people not familiar with Berserk, let me broadly explain why this is such a colossal moment. First, let's set the mood with some Berserk music:

On March 31st 1997 when the 13th Japanese volume first came out, Casca witnessed all her close friends being butchered to death and was then brutally raped by the person she looked up to (Griffith/Femto) while her lover (Guts) was pinned to the ground by apostles (pretty much demons) and forced to helplessly watch the rape while he hacked off his arm with a broken sword and got his eye gouged out as he tried to help Casca. This was known as The Eclipse. It's a lot to take in.

qXrlPeZl.jpg

The Eclipse decades ago was so horrific for Casca that it made her regress to a potato (no, not literally LOL) and it basically shattered her mind. For 21 years she has not been able to speak and acted like a 4 year old. She was damaged and a constant reminder of The Eclipse. It was torture for Guts. Then, with the Japanese release of volume 22 on December 24th 2001, it was suggested that Casca could be healed if they travelled to an island called Elfhelm. And so the long, long journey to Elfhelm begun!

R8UXvCjl.jpg

In 2015 with the release of chapter 342 they finally made it to Elfhelm (yeah, it took that long). The Queen of Elfhelm just recently put Casca and two of her companions (Farnese and Schierke) to sleep in order for Farnese and Schierke to essentially enter Casca's mind and heal her, brining her back to how she was before The Eclipse. After numerous chapters of Farnese and Schierke collecting fragments of Casca's broken mind within her treacherous dream, as of today, February 23rd 2018, with the official Japanese release of chapter 354, they have now obtained the final fragment! The last page of the chapter is Casca seemingly healed and opening her eyes!

2yAE9sul.jpg

Chapter 354 was a whirlwind of powerful emotions, and honestly one of the best chapters in all of Berserk so far! I don't know if some of you quite understand just how big of a deal this moment is, and how insanely anticipated it has been for Berserk fans. It's quite possibly the biggest moment in the whole manga when it comes to how the story will now be impacted, and that's saying a lot when it comes to Berserk.

After roughly 21 years! After 27 volumes! After 267 chapters! From 1997 to 2018! I'm seriously shook and emotionally all over the place. Many thought the day that Casca would speak again would never come. If you have any interest in the Berserk manga, which is a flat-out masterpiece, now is a good time to jump in. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to cry some more tears of joy...

Yv95nZ9.jpg

Thank you so much for reading my first thread on ERA.
QScDh3O.jpg

Last edited:

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
it'sbeen84years.gif

Finally, it's happened. I can't wait to see Guts's reaction.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a very emotional time. I just told my buddy and he was just shook. Him and I have been with this characters for almost 2 decades. It's a fucking life waiting for this moment.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Was it worth it though? Like, this sounds like the type of pacing/padding that would make soap operas jealous? Was the journey actually good?

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting it after last chapter when GutsDog berserked, but still great to read :)

Guts went through soooo much crap to finally get here, and I guess now they'll be facing a choice: stay in Fantasia, or go back to confront Grifith in his Utopia.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope one day Yuasa has the chance to adapt this latest Berserk episodes. That trippy nature of her memories recollection through his eyes would be a blast. There's something incredibly soothing the way Miura framed this latest episode.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't watch the anime or read the manga, only saw the movies (don't hate me) but I never hated a character as much as I hate Griffith/Femto.
I'm so happy she's finally reawakened.

OP
OP
Tricky I Shadow
Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Was it worth it though? Like, this sounds like the type of pacing/padding that would make soap operas jealous? Was the journey actually good?

It absolutely was worth it. The most recent chapter is masterful. The execution lived up to the hype, and in many ways surpassed it! The journey was paced well and it was overall great quality. The main reason it took so long to happen was because of all the crazy hiatuses Miura took.

Man what's the best way to catch up? The manga?

Yep.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, there was not too subtle build up and talk of this recently enough, but I am interested in hearing what she wants to do now. That could be a good or bad thing, depending on the specifics.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

That moment was monumental, and to see things finally inch toward resolution is everything.

Red Wedding who? Kid stuff by comparison.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I am so sad that the current anime sucks and the movies are watered down versions. Hoping for someday, someone, to fully and properly animate the series.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this comparable to luffy finding one piece?

Considering the fact that Berserk is dreadful when it comes to its release schedule, this is probably one of the few things that is just as big, if not bigger, considering how long people have been waiting. And shit, in the world of Berserk, it wouldn't have been surprising if Casca never got fixed.

---

anyways, YES FINALLY

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah reading the last few chapters as they came out with Schierke and Farnese traversing through Casca's memories was pretty emotional.

I wouldn't say she's back yet though. Not until the next chapter really confirms it.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How will she be I wonder, who she was probably ain't how she's going to be now.
I'm wondering if she will have memories of what's occurred up till now. It seems like she has some recognition of what's been happening considering she has a persona of Guts in his berserker armor in her psyche.
I will come back in here and rage hard af if it's some monkey paw shit, or if we have to wait 2 months instead of one.
Try 2 years

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Casca, are you all right?"
"Griffith did nothing wrong."
Followed by all the elves splitting into two camps
The Death of Griffith arc, begins! :D
I wonder if we will see the Band of the Hawk resurrected as demons/apostles who have their memories. Will Guts still have as much of a reason to hate Griffith? He will still have raped Casca but does his murder of the Band still count?

Oct 25, 2017
I really tried really really REALLY hard not to come Into this thread, hoping that the news received is the news that I was about to receive. I was right and I want to cry! The good sis is back! After years and years of torture, the good sis is back....I haven't been no where close to where this happens in the manga but I have a lot of catching up to do. My sis is back, omg TT_TT

Status
Not open for further replies.