• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
got an email this morning saying I needed to update my payment method for my Tony Hawk special edition preorder. Go to site you can't order management page is broken has been for quite some time. Called them and person on the phone couldn't either and transferred me now I've been on hold for over an hour. I'm gonna lose this pre order aren't I? What the hell is going on with GameStop is anyone that works for game stop on here I posted to Twitter about this several times.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
How do you know it's broken for "quite some time?" Is this not the first time you've had to try and change a preorder?

OP
OP
MrBenchmark

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
How do you know it's broken for "quite some time?" Is this not the first time you've had to try and change a preorder?
I've tried to look at order on the site of stuff I have over the past few weeks and I've pointed it out to them on Twitter it's been broken. I just had an order show up I pre ordered a while ago and I had been unable to see it at all. This one I need to update the card in it and you can't do anything page errors out just like when I tried to see my other orders.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I've tried to look at order on the site of stuff I have over the past few weeks and I've pointed it out to them on Twitter it's been broken. I just had an order show up I pre ordered a while ago and I had been unable to see it at all. This one I need to update the card in it and you can't do anything page errors out just like when I tried to see my other orders.

I see. That is strange.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah

they have taken my ability to cancel a preorder on the website before

this is normal behavior as far as I have seen

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Is their online order system broken? They better fix that shit for ps5 preorders. I have a gs gc burning in my pocket I need to use.

OP
OP
MrBenchmark

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
So after about an hour and a half of being on hold I finally got through to someone in their corporate office he said he was the only person there he was able to change the order for me and I mentioned the website ordering being messed up and he said yeah it's been like that ever since they change the website so they seem to be aware of it but they haven't done anything about it

Majadamus

Jun 3, 2019
Connecticut
So after about an hour and a half of being on hold I finally got through to someone in their corporate office he said he was the only person there he was able to change the order for me and I mentioned the website ordering being messed up and he said yeah it's been like that ever since they change the website so they seem to be aware of it but they haven't done anything about it

Wow, you got that far? A lot of times I don't even get through the voice mail for customer service. :O

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Have you tried their order management instead?
Seriously though, GameStop is a mess. I would suggest looking elsewhere (if possible) for your games in the future.

greenhadoken

Oct 28, 2017
I've purchased a lot of used retro games through their site and from my experience it's the buggiest mess of an online store front I've ever dealt with

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm the opposite at the moment. I've been trying to CANCEL an order for weeks now and today I see that the charge is pending but they never pick up their phones.

greenhadoken

Oct 28, 2017
On the plus side, you can still find discontinued digital PC games there. Steam keys and everything.
Right, and their prices on used retro titles severely undercut the prices I find on eBay or pricecharting (haven't gotten a repro cart yet!), but literally every time I order there's some new stupid obstacle to overcome

OP
OP
MrBenchmark

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Right, and their prices on used retro titles severely undercut the prices I find on eBay or pricecharting (haven't gotten a repro cart yet!), but literally every time I order there's some new stupid obstacle to overcome
Just ordered 17 retro games for $35 shipped Friday night coming tomorrow so it isn't all bad it's just they NEED to fix the orders page that's my whole point.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I hate their website. For some reason I literally can't order anything on their website. Doesn't matter if it was my credit card, paypal, a gift card...it always says "payment doesn't matter what on file" and get cancelled. Only way I can order is in-store, as the website just seems to hate me even through I never done anything to get banned it seems.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised knowledgeable people still do business with them.
Been dealing with them for some time and can't say I've had an experience much different than any other store, but with the added benefits of trading in shit I'd rather not privately sell. While I can respect someone sharing details of a poor experience, I'm not sure why I'd avoid them overall as a result of being "knowledgeable" just like I'm not really sure why some of you pick such a bone with them other than it being the popular thing to do.

I just go there, trade old stuff in I'd rather not sell, maybe buy a game card or used game while taking advantage of a trade in offer and go about my business and that's been the case for years. It's not my favorite place, but damn, folks sitting around with a long-term vendetta, waiting and cheering for the company to expire are being pretty clownish. Site issues are problematic, no doubt. Deal with them at my job recently and we report it as they come in and wait on an already behind IT team to resolve them. Frustrating for everyone who has to deal with it.

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Best Buy's online ordering has been a mess for me lately. Retail is a disaster atm cause of covid.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Been dealing with them for some time and can't say I've had an experience much different than any other store, but with the added benefits of trading in shit I'd rather not privately sell. While I can respect someone sharing details of a poor experience, I'm not sure why I'd avoid them overall as a result of being "knowledgeable" just like I'm not really sure why some of you pick such a bone with them other than it being the popular thing to do.

I just go there, trade old stuff in I'd rather not sell, maybe buy a game card or game used game while taking advantage of a trade in offer and go about my business and that's been the case for years. It's not my favorite place, but damn, folks sitting around with a long-term vendetta, waiting and cheering for the company to expire are being pretty clownish. Site issues are problematic, no doubt. Deal with them at my job recently and we report it as they come in and wait on an already behind IT team to resolve them. Frustrating for everyone who has to deal with it.
Boom! Shitting on GameStop is a past time for some people here. Like you, I just stroll in, handle my business and get out. People act like a rep asking you to preorder something is a crime against humanity. All I ever say is "no thanks" and that's the end of it. I honestly don't really care as I have no stock in GS but it's really funny seeing people trip over themselves to come onto a thread just to say "fuck GS", or something similar.

OP
OP
MrBenchmark

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Love the title change made me laugh which ever mod did it :)

on the upside got my retro game sale order in two days 17 games for $38 bucks and a Extra 18th game I didn't order that worth $45 by itself can you find it.

UzitVHt.jpg

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
OP is this the email you got? Because I just got this and it says nothing about my payment and billing being incorrect or that they'll delay/cancel the order. It's just a precautionary email. Is it possible you got this email and just skimmed it?
FFF8191-F-B61-E-4-D10-945-D-D830-FF441539.jpg

OP
OP
MrBenchmark

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
OP is this the email you got? Because I just got this and it says nothing about my payment and billing being incorrect or that they'll delay/cancel the order. It's just a precautionary email. Is it possible you got this email and just skimmed it?
FFF8191-F-B61-E-4-D10-945-D-D830-FF441539.jpg
i got that too. no i had to change an expired card. got my tracking today. their order management page is still broken even now

OP
OP
MrBenchmark

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Ah I see. And yeah I got on this morning just to check order status because I haven't gotten the tracking yet, and it was busted.
You have to manually type your email and order number in on the lookup link other wise you can't see any order and if you try to change anything even then it goes to broken page and doesn't work

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
You have to manually type your email and order number in on the lookup link other wise you can't see any order and if you try to change anything even then it goes to broken page and doesn't work
GameStop really is trash. Got that email on Tuesday, payment and billing details are of course still good, the website doesn't work (as you said), and they've neither emailed me about shipping nor charged me for the order.

OP
OP
MrBenchmark

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Mine just showed up I had this exact deck design on an old style whale tale board back in the day!
bzFOV0f.jpg

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly curious to see how much longer GameStop can hold out, that or how much more garbage they can pack into the stores to look even more like a nerd pawnshop.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
I'm honestly curious to see how much longer GameStop can hold out, that or how much more garbage they can pack into the stores to look even more like a nerd pawnshop.

I doubt more than a year after XSX/PS5 launch. I really just wish BB would bring back GCU in some form.... I spent so much at that store during those 4 years.

OP
OP
MrBenchmark

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
As much as I hate most of what they do sometimes the deals and such can be really good.

I don't want them to disappear but they need to straighten out. I've been buying from them since as far back as the super nes days. Worked there back around 360 launch that was hot shit show and why I left. There just aren't many places that do games on their level.