• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Am I being weird?

• Yes

Votes: 1,190 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 65 5.2%

• Total voters

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
Just let her go and hit the gym bro. Just don't make any eye contact with anyone in the gym tho.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Was she looking at you like this or something?

tenor.gif

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
First we have a thread were a person is upset that a person is nice to them by opening a door now we have a thread where the OP is seemingly being weird/upset because the girl might be into him.

ResetEra: "Why cant you fuckers just be normal"

EDIT: Also, yeah, to echo what others said... just talk to her

Last edited:

Gestalt

The Fallen
Nov 10, 2017
bringing this up seems like an excellent way to establish that you're already overthinking an arrangement that's intended to be simple, so yeah you're being weird. even if she did give you "a look," who cares? people do that in the moment sometimes, it's part of what makes sex fun and doesn't necessarily mean something deep. it sounds to me like you're projecting your own fears of emotional intimacy onto her, making them her responsibility to tiptoe around. tbh doesn't make me feel like this kind of arrangement is really for you.

Deleted member 25445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
First we have a thread were a person is upset that a person is nice to them by opening a door now we have a thread where the OP is seemingly being weird/upset because the girl might be into him.

Maybe we have underlying issues of some kind?
These statements are disgusting.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Sex without feelings only works if you don't like the other person, which is why "friends with benefits" is a dumb idea

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like she may be developing feelings for you, which after repeated intercourse it isn't something odd at all (regardless of the terms that were set in place) but yeah, you're weird.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I usually discourage my wife from smiling during sex. Of course I guess I wouldn't even know if she's smiling, because we only do it missionary style with the lights off, for the purposes of procreation.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh just talk to her...lmao

It seems to me you're more scared of her not actually being emotionally into you and breaking it off(i.e. no more sex) since you asked the question than her just being into you.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OP makes a girl catch feels with the power of his dick

Girl expresses feels through some hot af intimate contact

Magic dick loses the power of greyskull

I want to watch the rest of this movie

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
First, you should talk to her about these things. She may be getting closer to you, or it might just be something she likes to do. The only way to find out is to ask. This is a conversation you should have had either after the fact or the day after, but you can still ask now.

Second, eye contact can be a bit intense. It may have been too intimate a moment for you, which would explain your feelings of discomfort. Again, this is for you to sort out with her. If you're not comfortable with that level of intimacy then you should let her know.

Third, part of your discomfort may have been feeling like the relationship may be growing into something more emotional or intimate than what you're comfortable with. Maybe you're not into her in that way, or maybe you feel the relationship is moving along too fast, or maybe you're just not ready for a relationship right now. All of those things are valid feelings, but it's up to you to look inside yourself and sort things out.

Last edited:

teague

Dec 17, 2018
this thread reminds me of a survey of millennials that indicated that people now find oral sex more intimate than any other kind

many of you seem to think that sex is less intimate than eye contact which is... an opinion...

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe she was happy because she boinked someone else recently that wasn't satisfiable and realized you rock her world more?

Dec 31, 2017
This is one of those threads in which it should one post saying "why can't you fuckers just be normal."

And then it should be locked.

My god.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019

EDIT: Also, yeah, to echo what others said... just talk to her
Wait lmao what? How would anyone be upset about that first one.

Deleted member 1287

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People being overly harsh in this thread but I think you've got intimacy issues OP. Do you also suffer from anxiety? Do you have things from your past that make you afraid of getting to close to someone? If you can't get over your head racing on about this, I suggest therapy. Try to talk to her; if you can't do it, at least try to take some time off and get yourself together before hanging out with her again.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
whether you're asking if it is weird for someone to be happy during sex or if it is weird for someone you are having a long term sexual relationship with to catch feelings... in either case you're the weirdo

JorSneezy

Oct 17, 2019
What you feel is never necessarily 'weird,' it's just the way you feel. But it's seems like time to have a conversation with her about where the FWB relationship is going.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
  1. Eye contact
  2. Happy Friday
  3. Holding the door

The holy trinity. 💀

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Someone you have been fucking on the down low for a few months is starting to become more than physically attracted to you and perhaps wants an actual relationship and the first thing that comes to mind is this is weird, I should post it on Era and see if anyone agrees. Fucking weekend era is going to weird places these days.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
The takes in this thread are dogshit. You have a natural concern and everyone here races to make you the weirdo. When you post on Era, don't ask the question about yourself. There'll always be an excuse to villify you. Just tell the story then ask for advice instead. God forbid you ask for some people's advice before opening a dialogue on it with her.