• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 6 days, 6 hours, 21 minutes, 1 second. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Sonic 2019 Humble Bundle: Mania+DLC and Forces for $10, All star racing/generations/lost world/4 BTA, Adventures 1-2 and S3&K for $1

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
Already have Mania and have no interest in Encore DLC nor Forces, so I bought the BTA tier. Not going to play them any time soon I guess, but wanted to have more Sonic games in my collection.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
lol I had no idea why I expected the old-ass Windows 95 S3&K with the midi soundtrack, forgot for a moment they just rereleased the Genesis version on Steam. That alone + the Sonic AIR mod would be worth the $1 for me.

Cisce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is it really that bad? I've had it in my Steam library for years now and I occasionally get the urge to play a Sonic game. I know the franchise isn't a shining beacon of quality games, but I just assumed that 4 would be one of the better ones.
it's really poor.

hands down the worst 2d entry in the series.

ZSJ

Jul 21, 2019
Good deal for the $10 tier but personally don't see the need as I have the good ones.

Maybe I'll find a Lost World key for cheap as I was always curious but the reception seems terrible, even for the PC port.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
Great bundle. Anyone knows how to improve performance on Lost Worlds? Gameplay slows down when not hitting 60 fps on my old desktop. The options menu only allows to switch off 3 options. Also, anybody knows how to switch language?

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
it's really poor.

hands down the worst 2d entry in the series.
Oof, guess I'll just add that to the list of games I'll never touch, then.

Good deal for the $10 tier but personally don't see the need as I have the good ones.

Maybe I'll find a Lost World key for cheap as I was always curious but the reception seems terrible, even for the PC port.
Yeah, I've always been drawn in by the aesthetic of Lost World, but I don't think I'd pay more than a couple of bucks for it.

Cisce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I've always been drawn in by the aesthetic of Lost World, but I don't think I'd pay more than a couple of bucks for it.
Lost World is pretty fun! I picked it up for a few bucks in a Steam sale back in 2016 and really enjoyed it.

It's not a perfect game at all, but its a solid platformer with some pretty neat ideas.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really that bad? I've had it in my Steam library for years now and I occasionally get the urge to play a Sonic game. I know the franchise isn't a shining beacon of quality games, but I just assumed that 4 would be one of the better ones.
No, it sucks, it's Dimps attempting to do classic sonic and failing miserably.

imo (for platformers):

Great sonic games:

Sonic 1
Sonic 1 (MS)
Sonic 2
Sonic CD
Sonic 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic Mania

Average sonic games:

Sonic Colors
Sonic Generations
Sonic Chaos
Sonic 2 (MS)

Sucks:

Everything else

Last edited:

Unknownlight

Nov 2, 2017
Uh...

If anyone wants free codes for Sonic 4 Episodes 1 & 2, let me know.

Who knows? One man's trash is another man's treasure... I guess...

Cisce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I can at least give it the faintest of praise of being better than Sonic Blast.

But yeah, neither Sonic 4 is really worth playing
I forgot about Blast, whoops.

Second-worst 2D game in the series, then.

Uh...

If anyone wants free codes for Sonic 4 Episodes 1 & 2, let me know.

Who knows? One man's trash is another man's treasure... I guess...
I'll take them, might stream them at some point.

eraFROMAN

Mar 12, 2019
Kept SA1, SA2, CD and Generations (have Mania and 3K on consoles)

Gave away the rest, but man playing SA1 for the first time and SA2 after almost 2 decades... These 2 games are not good. Like, really not good. I wouldn't let my (hypothetical) kids play SA1 alone because I think it would actually affect their ability to communicate, it's that whack. SA2 is better, but it's still a janky, twitchy game that really doesn't hold up.

10 gifts from Pop-O-Matic New

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 10 gifts from Pop-O-Matic Pop-O-Matic!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Pop-O-Matic said:
Decided to jump in for Mania and Forces at $10, but I already have everything else, so here you go:

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam: Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Won by FormatCompatible FormatCompatible (6 entries)
  • Steam: Sonic 4 Episode 1 - Won by Cels Cels (2 entries)
  • Steam: Sonic Adventure DX - Won by HyperRX-78 HyperRX-78 (2 entries)
  • Steam: Sonic CD - Won by Sheepinator Sheepinator (1 entry)
  • Steam: Sonic Adventure 2 - Won by Velikost Velikost (3 entries)
  • Steam: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle DLC - Won by Soy Bob Soy Bob (1 entry)
  • Steam: Sonc & Sega All Stars Racing - Won by htp314 htp314 (3 entries)
  • Steam: Sonic Lost World - Won by Charizard Charizard (11 entries)
  • Steam: Sonic Generations Collection - Won by Tora Tora (6 entries)
  • Steam: Sonic 4 Episode 2 - Won by Saikyo Saikyo (4 entries)

Yogi

Nov 10, 2019
I really enjoyed Generations btw. I just picked up Sonic Mania in the steam sale. Might grab this anyway for the missing pieces. This sale is really adding up.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Well, too bad that I already own all of them, excluding some of the DLC.

anyone getting sonic adventure dx please god download the dreamcast conversion mod:

the difference is dramatic (left vanilla sadx, right dreamcast mod)

Hot damn! I didn't know about this mod. Thanks for sharing.

bigstef71

Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
I got the second tier bundle. Great deal. I have a question. I tried to get sonic cd to work but it wont start for me. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the giveaway Pop-O-Matic.

This humble bundle now is a good chance do get Sonic 3 & Knuckle and play Sonic 3 Angel Island Reviseted...

Unknownlight

Nov 2, 2017
anyone getting sonic adventure dx please god download the dreamcast conversion mod:

the difference is dramatic (left vanilla sadx, right dreamcast mod)

Thanks!

So, I'm playing Sonic Adventure for the very first time, and I'm a bit surprised to say that I really like it. Admittedly, I've only played for an hour and only Sonic so far, so this isn't exactly an informed opinion.

I'm baffled that I can spin dash up a slope, jump, and Sonic will jump significantly higher and farther than normal. What the hell, Sonic Team? You mean you got the classic physics in 3D right on your very first try... and then you just ignored it from then on?

Nov 4, 2017
So... I paid more than 10 USD, and all I received in my email was the option to redeem... Sonic Mania. Nothing else.

Is that normal?

edit: nevermind, it only showed the picture for Mania, but had a link for everything.

Thanks OP.

8 gifts from Lord Arcadio New

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 8 gifts from Lord Arcadio Lord Arcadio!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

Lord Arcadio said:
Already have these so might as well give them away!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam: Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Won by Sheepinator Sheepinator (1 entry)
  • Steam: Sonic CD - Won by Dyle Dyle (1 entry)
  • Steam: Sonic Adventure DX - Won by krg krg (1 entry)
  • Steam: Sonic Adventure 2 - Won by tauke tauke (1 entry)
  • Steam: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode I - Won by The Turbanator The Turbanator (1 entry)
  • Steam: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode II - Won by TheAggroCraig TheAggroCraig (1 entry)
  • Steam: Sonic Generations Collection - Won by Stefarno Stefarno (1 entry)
  • Steam: Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing - Won by Wanderer5 Wanderer5 (1 entry)