• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
Already have Mania and have no interest in Encore DLC nor Forces, so I bought the BTA tier. Not going to play them any time soon I guess, but wanted to have more Sonic games in my collection.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
can i somehow pay a dollar to remove sonic 4 from my brain forever

Is it really that bad? I've had it in my Steam library for years now and I occasionally get the urge to play a Sonic game. I know the franchise isn't a shining beacon of quality games, but I just assumed that 4 would be one of the better ones.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
lol I had no idea why I expected the old-ass Windows 95 S3&K with the midi soundtrack, forgot for a moment they just rereleased the Genesis version on Steam. That alone + the Sonic AIR mod would be worth the $1 for me.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
Good deal for the $10 tier but personally don't see the need as I have the good ones.

Maybe I'll find a Lost World key for cheap as I was always curious but the reception seems terrible, even for the PC port.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
Great bundle. Anyone knows how to improve performance on Lost Worlds? Gameplay slows down when not hitting 60 fps on my old desktop. The options menu only allows to switch off 3 options. Also, anybody knows how to switch language?

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
it's really poor.

hands down the worst 2d entry in the series.

Oof, guess I'll just add that to the list of games I'll never touch, then.

Good deal for the $10 tier but personally don't see the need as I have the good ones.

Maybe I'll find a Lost World key for cheap as I was always curious but the reception seems terrible, even for the PC port.

Yeah, I've always been drawn in by the aesthetic of Lost World, but I don't think I'd pay more than a couple of bucks for it.

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I've always been drawn in by the aesthetic of Lost World, but I don't think I'd pay more than a couple of bucks for it.
Lost World is pretty fun! I picked it up for a few bucks in a Steam sale back in 2016 and really enjoyed it.

It's not a perfect game at all, but its a solid platformer with some pretty neat ideas.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Is it really that bad? I've had it in my Steam library for years now and I occasionally get the urge to play a Sonic game. I know the franchise isn't a shining beacon of quality games, but I just assumed that 4 would be one of the better ones.

No, it sucks, it's Dimps attempting to do classic sonic and failing miserably.

imo (for platformers):

Great sonic games:

Sonic 1
Sonic 1 (MS)
Sonic 2
Sonic CD
Sonic 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic Mania

Average sonic games:

Sonic Colors
Sonic Generations
Sonic Chaos
Sonic 2 (MS)

Sucks:

Everything else

Last edited:

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Lost World is pretty fun! I picked it up for a few bucks in a Steam sale back in 2016 and really enjoyed it.

It's not a perfect game at all, but its a solid platformer with some pretty neat ideas.

Maybe I'll check it out. Looking at screenshots of it always gives me a Super Mario Galaxy vibe.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Uh...

If anyone wants free codes for Sonic 4 Episodes 1 & 2, let me know.

Who knows? One man's trash is another man's treasure... I guess...

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I can at least give it the faintest of praise of being better than Sonic Blast.

But yeah, neither Sonic 4 is really worth playing
I forgot about Blast, whoops.

Second-worst 2D game in the series, then.

Uh...

If anyone wants free codes for Sonic 4 Episodes 1 & 2, let me know.

Who knows? One man's trash is another man's treasure... I guess...
I'll take them, might stream them at some point.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Kept SA1, SA2, CD and Generations (have Mania and 3K on consoles)

Gave away the rest, but man playing SA1 for the first time and SA2 after almost 2 decades... These 2 games are not good. Like, really not good. I wouldn't let my (hypothetical) kids play SA1 alone because I think it would actually affect their ability to communicate, it's that whack. SA2 is better, but it's still a janky, twitchy game that really doesn't hold up.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
anyone getting sonic adventure dx please god download the dreamcast conversion mod:

www.moddb.com

Dreamcast Conversion mod for Sonic Adventure DX

Dreamcast Conversion is a mod to make the PC version of Sonic Adventure DX look like the original Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure.

the difference is dramatic (left vanilla sadx, right dreamcast mod)

HgyHH6f.jpg

UYZgSJR.jpg

wFdjWck.jpg

UI4Jzeo.jpg

Se7CuEn.jpg

NBiLYz8.jpg

qX1tQnd.gif
pPHwiBd.gif

10 gifts from Pop-O-Matic

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 10 gifts from Pop-O-Matic Pop-O-Matic!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Pop-O-Matic said:
Decided to jump in for Mania and Forces at $10, but I already have everything else, so here you go:

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Won by FormatCompatible (6 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic 4 Episode 1 - Won by Cels Cels (2 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic Adventure DX - Won by Deleted member 24417 (2 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic CD - Won by Sheepinator Sheepinator (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic Adventure 2 - Won by Velikost Velikost (3 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle DLC - Won by Soy Bob Soy Bob (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Sonc & Sega All Stars Racing - Won by htp314 htp314 (3 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic Lost World - Won by Charizard Charizard (11 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic Generations Collection - Won by Tora Tora (6 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic 4 Episode 2 - Won by Saikyo Saikyo (4 entries)

Jun 2, 2019
Of course they had to put Sonic Generations behind the BTA tier

Just when i spent the little money I had left on Switch's Phantasy Star

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
If anyone has a spare Sonic generations code on PC, i'd happily take :)

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I really enjoyed Generations btw. I just picked up Sonic Mania in the steam sale. Might grab this anyway for the missing pieces. This sale is really adding up.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Well, too bad that I already own all of them, excluding some of the DLC.

anyone getting sonic adventure dx please god download the dreamcast conversion mod:

www.moddb.com

Dreamcast Conversion is a mod to make the PC version of Sonic Adventure DX look like the original Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure.

HgyHH6f.jpg

UYZgSJR.jpg

wFdjWck.jpg

UI4Jzeo.jpg

Se7CuEn.jpg

NBiLYz8.jpg

qX1tQnd.gif
pPHwiBd.gif

Hot damn! I didn't know about this mod. Thanks for sharing.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
I got the second tier bundle. Great deal. I have a question. I tried to get sonic cd to work but it wont start for me. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the giveaway Pop-O-Matic.

This humble bundle now is a good chance do get Sonic 3 & Knuckle and play Sonic 3 Angel Island Reviseted...

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Would probably just look into this for the Sonic Adventure games really heh, since I already have Generations and Mania.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good deal, though a lot of these have been in bundles already. $10 for Mania + DLC is the lowest I've seen, though.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That's a great deal.

I still need to finish Forces...

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017

www.moddb.com

HgyHH6f.jpg

UYZgSJR.jpg

wFdjWck.jpg

UI4Jzeo.jpg

Se7CuEn.jpg

NBiLYz8.jpg

qX1tQnd.gif
pPHwiBd.gif

Thanks!

So, I'm playing Sonic Adventure for the very first time, and I'm a bit surprised to say that I really like it. Admittedly, I've only played for an hour and only Sonic so far, so this isn't exactly an informed opinion.

I'm baffled that I can spin dash up a slope, jump, and Sonic will jump significantly higher and farther than normal. What the hell, Sonic Team? You mean you got the classic physics in 3D right on your very first try... and then you just ignored it from then on?

Nov 4, 2017
So... I paid more than 10 USD, and all I received in my email was the option to redeem... Sonic Mania. Nothing else.

Is that normal?

edit: nevermind, it only showed the picture for Mania, but had a link for everything.

Thanks OP.

8 gifts from Lord Arcadio

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 8 gifts from Lord Arcadio Lord Arcadio!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

Lord Arcadio said:
Already have these so might as well give them away!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Sonic 3 & Knuckles - Won by Sheepinator Sheepinator (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic CD - Won by Dyle Dyle (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic Adventure DX - Won by krg krg (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic Adventure 2 - Won by tauke tauke (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode I - Won by The Turbanator The Turbanator (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode II - Won by TheAggroCraig TheAggroCraig (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic Generations Collection - Won by Stefarno Stefarno (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing - Won by Wanderer5 Wanderer5 (1 entry)