• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Sonic-Collection-PS4.png

They previously listed Sonic Colors Ultimate for all consoles

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I know that this will probably be just the genesis games, but it would be awesome if they did like that one on the GC and PS2 and tried to cram in as many roms as possible. The Sonic Advance games in particular would be really cool to see, as those previos collections did include the Game Gear games.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
If it has the Genesis trilogy, including 3&K, and comes to Switch... that'll be my 3rd copy of Sonic 2 on Switch.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I know its bad to want this. But I legit want Sonic 06 and Shadow the Hedgehog on modern consoles.

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
If it has a 1 second sound delay like the Classics collection, I don't want it

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hopefully it's the Taxman versions of 1, 2, & CD alongside a new version of 3&K that's on-par with the other ports.

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
I'd be disappointed if the collection was games that were already re-released tbh. Gimme something like the Sonic Failures collection with Heroes, Shadow and 06.
Those games weren't great but it's kind of unacceptable that most of these 3D era Sonic games have just been stuck on very old consoles at this point.

I thought their random Lost World PC port was a sign of things to come but nope.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the next Sonic Collection includes games that haven't been in the other collections. Maybe the Dark Ages Collection

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
C'mon SEGA just announce the games already. You are leaking...
An please include Knuckles' Chaotix with a single charachter mode please and thank you.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Curious as to what this could be if Colors is getting a solo release. Perhaps a 3D Sonic section collecting everything prior to Colors?

Hopefully they just leave out 06 completely if that's the case as I wouldn't want the collection tainted.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
You'll get Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic 4 Episode 1 all in glorious 480i and you'll buy it because Sega hates you.

Coldman

Oct 25, 2017
the problem with releasing the Gamecube games or whatever again is that those are bad games and require significantly more effort to bring over the MD games (or Taxman's remakes of those games)

like Shadow the Hedgehog isn't even funny bad (bar some choice cutscenes), it's just shoddy

a new, proper remaster job for Sonic Adventure would be nice though. get that Dreamcast lighting working properly again.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Probably the kind of collection that won't include Sonic 3 & Knuckles but will have five different versions of Sonic Pinball.

Remember: there was a recent rumor that said Sega was getting ready to re-release Sonic 3 for the first time since (I think) 360. This listing popping up is interesting timing.

But if they're going to do it, I hope they go all out and do whatever the hell they need to do to make sure the original soundtrack is intact.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Means nothing until we know what's in the collection. Just classic games? Are Dreamcast and onward games allowed? Who knows!

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
I would adore if SEGA did a really cohesive collection. Sonic 1, 2, CD, 3&K (god I miss that game), Adventure 1 and 2, Unleashed, Colors, and Generations. Have a bunch of bonuses and behind the scenes stuff like Mega Collection.

That's probably way too much to ask for for a $60 collection, but let me dream damnit.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Remaster the 3D bit of Sonic Jam, and make a new area that includes updated history/art/FMV sections etc.

FinalArcadia

Nov 4, 2020
USA
I hope this collection is of some of the 3D games rather than 2D/Classic, which get re-releases enough as it is.

Probably not a popular opinion, but I'd love to see a collection of some of the side, handheld games. Sonic Battle, Sonic Rivals (2 preferably), Sonic Pinball Party, and the Advance games would be pretty cool. Especially Battle and Rivals 2, I loved those.

And, of course, I'd be all over Adventure 1 and 2 getting released again. Heroes is meh but sure, I'd consider it a bonus if they included it as an "Adventure-era" game like Generations sorta did.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Mega Collection was so good, I'm expecting great stuff.
We need Adventure 1&2 rereleased, I agree.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Please don't let it just be Genesis games.

For real. If this is going to be a collection to celebrate his anniversary, I hope they go all out. I'm talking Genesis, Game Gear and at least the above average 3D Sonic games.

Sonic 1-3, Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic Spinball
Sonic 1-2 (Game Gear), Chaos, Triple Trouble
Advance 1-3
Rush, Rush Adventure, Colors DS
Sonic 4: Episodes 1 & 2
Adventure 1-2
Sonic Heroes

Like, I'd drop $40 on that day one.

... As long as Sonic 3 has the original music.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
FWIW this could just be Team Sonic Racing, Sonic Mania, and Sonic Forces in one bundle. They've done bundles of them before but never as a three pack that I'm aware of.

I only bring this up because Sonic Mania's page on my PS5 has all three logos, for some reason.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
FWIW this could just be Team Sonic Racing, Sonic Mania, and Sonic Forces in one bundle. They've done bundles of them before but never as a three pack that I'm aware of.

I only bring this up because Sonic Mania's page on my PS5 has all three logos, for some reason.
*Knuckles voice* Oh no