• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

• 4K 60FPS, new lighting, improved graphics
  • Race against Metal Sonic in the new Rival Mode
  • Change Sonic's appearance with cosmetic options
  • Customizable controls
  • Remixed Soundtrack
Can't wait!

Last edited:

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to watch a 4k comparison trailer via twitter video

lqc4V72.gif

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Adding the Jade Ghost wisp is odd, does that change level design somewhat or simply add another option to it akin to how Forces has multiple simplistic paths for various wisps? not sure how I feel about it but if nothing else, this trailer shows that they aren't half assing this.

I'm all for cosmetic fluff
Hoping customisable controls includes shoulder button quick step

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Have they actually said yet if the original soundtrack is an option? Because if not, I really don't consider the new remixed one to be an improvement.

Looks like they've removed the reflections on the glass part of the ground in Tropical Resort as well....

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Finally a clean version of the Planet Wisp remix!

Edit: I have a hunch they're doing another stream soon for community stuff, maybe if someone asks a question there about the OST they may answer it.

Last edited:

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Would really like it if one of those Rival Rush rewards was getting to play as Metal Sonic.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Remixed soundtrack is a total downgrade though. Hope there's a toggle.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
Why are there so many remakes/remasters that don't allow for an optional original soundtrack, at least at launch?

And if that's in this game, that needs to be a selling point in their marketing

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Nobody wants a remixed soundtrack as the default music.

I hope it's an extra or an option that needs to be toggled on.

Side tangent- every remix of the Planet Wisp Stage 1 theme is infinitely inferior to the og and that includes Generations. I will hear nothing to the contrary and damn the fools who would claim that the latter Wisp stages are better. Gimme that isolated piano intro.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Looks great. I've never played this so looking forward to it on Steam in a year or so.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Lol the customizable controls section of the trailer showed us absolutely nothing

But, Sega is really putting nintendo to shame with the ports/remakes between this and Monkey Ball! Looks great, can't wait to pick it up.

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
What's up with that guy screaming METAL SONIC? Otherwise, looks alright. Still not a fan of how Tropical Resort looks compared to the original but i'll live.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Side tangent- every remix of the Planet Wisp Stage 1 theme is infinitely inferior to the og and that includes Generations. I will hear nothing to the contrary and damn the fools who would claim that the latter Wisp stages are better. Gimme that isolated piano intro.

OG Planet Wisp is one of the best arranged Sonic tracks ever. All the remixes of the track keeps missing the point , they just try to make it more gamey.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I don't understand the point of remixed music in a remake unless they are doing it because they lost rights to the original compositions

Nov 14, 2017
That initial shot of Tropical Resort looked way better than the reveal footage, so that's good.

What do the customizable controls even do? What a worthless segment.

Allegedly there's footage out there that uses the original soundtrack, suggesting a toggle. I hope it's true, the Sweet Mountain act 2 remix from the E3 footage was absolutely rancid compared to the original.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I don't understand the point of remixed music in a remake unless they are doing it because they lost rights to the original compositions
Did you watch the 30th anniversary concert? Shit's gonna be hot.

Besides, Wii games are super easy to emulate, so they have to do something different.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice if we could pick and choose individual tracks between the remix and original. The new version of Sweet Mountain Act 2 is awful compared to the original.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
Still genuinely the best 3D Sonic game, and the only one with anything approaching the complex, interwoven level design of the Genesis games. I can't believe its getting a much deserved upgrade

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Rival Rush is the first new addition so far to interest me. Probably a good chance he'll be unlockable at some point, maybe .

As long as there's a toggle for the original soundtrack, I'm still on board.