• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A twitter user MrCrazyFace98 has gotten an early version of Sonic Forces on Nintendo Switch.
DNJwQpBUIAMy-K2.jpg

https://twitter.com/MrCrazyFace98/status/923924311722856449

Please be good.......

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
Curiosity meter has peaked, too bad the game is probably gonna be shite

soulzonik

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Omg

The only spoiler I want to know is how many stages the game has. They revealed what? 3-4 stages so far? I want at least 10-15 (x3) =(

Also, if there is a special stage or something like that. At this point, it seems this is not the case.

The story seems pretty bad, so I dont care about it for now.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
As one of the few people who are genuinely expecting this game to be at least mediocre at worst, i'm expecting a ton of nitpicking over minor issues in this thread.

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
Strap in folks. I get the feeling that this is gonna be a wild ride. Also, great to see that the "3D Sonic games getting out into the wild ridiculously early" curse has struck again.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Wouldn't it be funny is all levels had a 60 second timer until the day one patch?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm mostly curious about how much filler the game has. As much as I enjoyed Generations, it was like 10% playing the levels, and 90% doing other stuff like that goddamn Vector mission.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Interested to hear just how bad the asset recycling is.
I get the feeling they planned on going in a different direction, then had to scrap it last-minute for a lazy Generations retread.

Mania I tried very hard to avoid spoilers for, this time though I don't care and just want to find out if it's worth my time at all.

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
It's true, I've seen the clip. Him and Eggman get nasty. It's weird that it's the only CG scene in the game, guess that's where all the budget went.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Gonna pick this up from a bargain bin in six months or so. As long as they can stay above Generations and below Unleashed in quality it's at least worth 20 bones.

Last edited:

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I know your trolling but Forces takes place in a universe where Eggman is the only human around.

Did they confirm that's the new lore? Because if so, finally. I doubt it though because team dark is a thing and if that's thing gun is probably a thing and if guns a thing , humans exist . And that's disappointing

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they confirm that's the new lore? Because if so, finally. I doubt it though because team dark is a thing and if that's thing gun is probably a thing and if guns a thing , humans exist . And that's disappointing
???

GUN doesn't appear to exist in this game. It's just animals like Sonic and the other characters and Eggman. Basically a world like the comics.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me that at some point in the game Infinite teleports behind either the OC or Sonic and says "Nothing personal, kid".

If this doesn't happen this game 100% worthless to me.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
???

GUN doesn't appear to exist in this game. It's just animals like Sonic and the other characters and Eggman. Basically a world like the comics.

Shadow exists
So gun kinda has to exist , that's kind of the caveat of using shadow's character. Also if team dark exists gun has to exist, like with out gun neither of those things exist
Unless this game is a reboot

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Omg

The only spoiler I want to know is how many stages the game has. They revealed what? 3-4 stages so far? I want at least 10-15 (x3) =(

Also, if there is a special stage or something like that. At this point, it seems this is not the case.

The story seems pretty bad, so I dont care about it for now.

This game apparently has a decent amount of stages, the Episode Shadow pre-order bonus says Shadow gets '3 remixed' versions of Modern Sonic stages, and as well can play "over 10 Modern Sonic stages!" So there's apparently over 10 Modern Sonic stages alone.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well then this is interesting, I better strap myself in and find out what exactly is going with the game as Sega has been so vague about the game.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
SEGA just uploaded this to their channel, not really a spoiler but interesting: