• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Faust

Oct 25, 2017
Game actually isn't bad. Isn't offensively bad like I thought it might be and one of the more bug free stronger releases in recent years. Definitely has problems/ was things to improve but surprisingly not as bad as I assumed.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had the game actually come out I'm pretty sure it would have been considered absolute shit compared to its contemporaries. It wasn't remotely on the level of Mario 64's gameplay, Crash was doing the "into the screen" style of platforming much better, and it looked visually horrible compared to both. Xtreme seemed more like a Bug! sequel than a Sonic game.
I fully maintain that the only reason people are so in love with Xtreme is the fact that it never came out. Seriously that game looked like shit and had nothing that resembled Sonic gameplay.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I fully maintain that the only reason people are so in love with Xtreme is the fact that it never came out. Seriously that game looked like shit and had nothing that resembled Sonic gameplay.
The mockups for Tiara's gameplay kinda looked Sonicish?

It was definitely an ill-concieved project from the start either way, but interesting to look back on from a historical perspective.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017

Guess the negative reaction to having to pay for Super Sonic made them decide to just keep it free.

Granted, I haven't bothered to try him out because I've 100%'d it & really, I'd just use him to help with S ranks or time trials.

Soul Unison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what, yes I do. I expect people to have the attention span to do so. I'm mainly talking about 10:13, 10:24, 11:00 and 11:21

It's not about having an attention span, it's about not having a half hour to devote exclusively to deciphering what a random stranger thinks about a Sonic the Hedgehog game.
So everything you actually wanted people to see takes place within about a minute and a half, 10 minutes into the video, and then there's still 20 minutes to watch afterwards.
Then, since you didn't give us those timecodes in the first place, anyone who had watched would've still been scratching their heads to figure out what in that half hour was exactly what you were trying to convey in the context of "Fuck this game."

Best case scenario, someone watches the entire thing and sees exactly what you're getting at...but they've still wasted 26 minutes of their day.

Why not give people those timestamps in the first place, or share a brief synopsis of what happens in the video that's relevant?

It just comes across offputtingly self-important.

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Snagged a copy of this for super cheap on PC. I enjoyed Unleashed and Generations, so hopefully I'll enjoy this too... though I had a laugh when I read the posts in this thread about them using the Lost World engine and modifying it to be like the other games.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Snagged a copy of this for super cheap on PC. I enjoyed Unleashed and Generations, so hopefully I'll enjoy this too... though I had a laugh when I read the posts in this thread about them using the Lost World engine and modifying it to be like the other games.

Well if it was super cheap...I hope you'll enjoy it! There are at least 2-3 levels that are legitimately good in there, sadly they're short. In fact, the whole game is pretty short lol.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Well if it was super cheap...I hope you'll enjoy it! There are at least 2-3 levels that are legitimately good in there, sadly they're short. In fact, the whole game is pretty short lol.
The length of Generations didn't disappoint me too much even though it was pretty short too, so I'm not too worried about that. As long as the levels are at least decent for the most part, I think I'll have a good time. Might be tomorrow before I can play though.

Ricky64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
What a bump.
I have a question: is my PS4 case a misprint or does the spine have no logo or title on it? EU version if it matters. I hate seeing the case on my shelf as much as I hated playing the game.