• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
If Sega didn't want a Sonic Mania 2, they are beyond help.

I'm done with Kickstarter, but I will certainly follow this project. Trailer looks great.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So SEGA didn't want to do a sequel to the best Sonic game in decades.

That figures and jives with all their other terrible sonic decision. Can't wait to see what stupid gimmick the next game will have.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
That looks dope. Pretty good sense of movement with the swinging while still being readable (though one-way platforms probably needs more visibility polish but since everything has the same texture atm I assume that'll be dealt with)

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
This is not from the developers team "evening star" witch christian whitehead, so there is still a chance for Mania 2 to happen, even from didn't team still

Jumping at conclusions here is really silly

Wow @ Sega, now I wonder if the success of Mania actually made someone inside of the company jealous

SEGA and Sonic Team are the ones who pushed Mania to be green lit in the first place and were proud of it before its release, and its eventual success, why be jealous of themselves lol

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Man, I though Sonic Mania was a huge success. Why on earth wouldn't they hire them back for a sequel? Are they gonna do it internally or something?

Oh well, movement looks nice, I hope the end product is as varied and unique as Mania was. Id rather it be more platformer and less combat.

Last edited:

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Dang they have the gameplay and style down, looks really good. Hope they pull it off.

The grappling spine is an ingenious way to maintain speed and momentum even when you hit dead ends.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Better get some Shane Helms involvement, or at least allow you to do this:

WearyRewardingHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Sega didn't want a Sonic Mania 2, they are beyond help.

I'm done with Kickstarter, but I will certainly follow this project. Trailer looks great.
So SEGA didn't want to do a sequel to the best Sonic game in decades.

That figures and jives with all their other terrible sonic decision. Can't wait to see what stupid gimmick the next game will have.
Wow @ Sega, now I wonder if the success of Mania actually made someone inside of the company jealous
This is just one of the Sonic Mania devs, most of the rest of the team started their own studio called Evening Star and it doesn't seem like they're involved with this: https://eveningstar.studio/

If they're working on a Sonic Mania sequel isn't known but it's not like all hope of one happening is lost.

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
There were some cool tricks you could do in Knuckles Chaotix to gain speed and this game kinda reminds me of that, except better since I don't need a partner

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the demo. It has a 16-bit era vibe to it. The controls aren't the most intuitive but I'm okay with a bit of a learning curve.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The physics play with the grappling spine looks so good. I hope it finds funding fast.

IizukasWeirdSmile_400x400.jpg

He probably thinks he can direct the next one just fine or just give it to DIMPS under the direction to be more like Mania.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
I don't like what this suggests for Stealth's involvement in a Sonic Mania sequel, or a Sonic Mania sequel at all, but Vertebreaker here looks very cool (great name, too) and I'll be following its development.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is just one of the Sonic Mania devs, most of the rest of the team started their own studio called Evening Star and it doesn't seem like they're involved with this: https://eveningstar.studio/
An OG member, not "just one of." He made a working port of Sonic 1 on the GBA, made a working prototype of S3&K for iOS, and worked with Taxman on the iOS ports. This was long before a majority of the crew joined in, including some of the OG SFGHQ members they got on board for Mania who are now in that studio.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Sonic Team was jealous that their garbo-games got obliterated by Headcannon.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
This is not from the developers team "evening star" witch christian whitehead, so there is still a chance for Mania 2 to happen, even from didn't team still

Jumping at conclusions here is really silly

SEGA and Sonic Team are the ones who pushed Mania to be green lit in the first place and were proud of it before its release, and its eventual success, why be jealous of themselves lol

With...the way things are...it makes me wonder if there's some Sega CD-esque jealousy internally at sega of japan.

Last edited:

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
People seems to forget that SEGA liked mania so much, they made an expansion DLC a year after release with a free update that added to the game, and also made a cartoon shorts for Mania.

I mean they just tweeted this today!

a Mania inspired art.
So the notion that somehow sega is abandoning mania and try to bury it cause they are jealous or something is laughable and quite silly

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
I like the game but nothing I do seems to want to make the demo run in anything other than postage-stamp size.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
An OG member, not "just one of." He made a working port of Sonic 1 on the GBA, made a working prototype of S3&K for iOS, and worked with Taxman on the iOS ports. This was long before a majority of the crew joined in, including some of the OG SFGHQ members they got on board for Mania who are now in that studio.
I'm not going to measure a developer's worth by when they joined a project.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
y'all need to settle down with the weird jealous-sega narratives in this thread. literally one person on this project worked on mania (which would be, well, stealth).