• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
In a better world Sonic Team would be scrubbing shit off the toilets at Sega HQ while the Mania devs worked on Mania 2.

In the world as is the Mania devs are going broke, seemingly not working on Mania 2, and Sonic Team are shitting out another turd that'll get mediocre reviews, mediocre sales and be hated by the majority of the fanbase.

Fucking Sega.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
That demo video made me so excited. The problem here is that I didn't find out about it until it was too late. Do we know if there was any sort of announcement prior to the drop? Usually Era picks up on this sort of thing.

I don't believe they announced the campaign very far ahead of time, but I may be wrong.

I'd definitely seen WIP clips of the game beforehand but I get the impression that it was mostly being posted for the sake of patreon backers or whatever and that there wasn't much of an effort made to circulate footage.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe they announced the campaign very far ahead of time, but I may be wrong.

I'd definitely seen WIP clips of the game beforehand but I get the impression that it was mostly being posted for the sake of patreon backers or whatever and that there wasn't much of an effort made to circulate footage.

If this is the case (which I am honestly assuming it is), then I would argue that Stealth could have handled the campaign much better. You still hate to see it happen, but I don't know what you would expect when nobody knows about it.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw the cancellation video.

When I first heard of this game, the optimistic part of me thought that Stealth wanted to branch out after Sonic Mania, but after seeing the video that's clearly not the case. It seems like SEGA really doesn't care.