Sonic Mania Plus announced - Physical release, new characters, new mode

Dec 8, 2017
Sonic Mania Plus Announced!

Just announced at the SXSW PANEL!

YES! Mighty The Armadillo and Ray return!

Summer 2018, 29.99.

Last edited:

Kokonoe

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's coming Summer 2018.

Physical release will have this.

Physical release price for Mania Plus is 29.99$

For those who bought it digitally will get this with a digital update and the pricing will be revealed later.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017

Just announced on the Sonic panel stream, will update with inews soon.

Two new playable characters, Mighty the Armadillo and Ray the Flying Squirrel:

Also a new Encore Mode with remixed versions of each zone with new stuff in each stage. Competition Mode being made 4-player rather than 2-player.

Physical edition will cost $29.99, all the features will be a DLC piece for all digital owners of the game.

Releases this Summer.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018
It better be for all platforms that the digital version was for. I'm at work so i can't check so is it? Or has it not been announced yet? EDIT: just saw the post above mine so nevermind.

Oct 26, 2017
Really cool that they brought back two of the deadest characters from the Sonic franchise.

... I still would've preferred playable classic Amy but I'll take what I can get.

Oct 25, 2017
FUCK...im in again. Might get Amy and Metal down the road someday either in mania or the sequel. Wonder what kind of gameplay hooks those guys will offer

Dec 28, 2017
This better be included as a free update for those of us who already bought the game.
It includes more than the base game and is more expensive than the base game so no, I don't think it will be or should be.
Can I combine with my save files on base Sonic Mania though?

Ray and Mighty holy shit lol
Amazing
Day 1 for physical release

Dec 23, 2017
Octopath Traveler, Crash Trilogy, Captain Toad, YS VIII and now the physical release of Sonic Mania: there aree too many interesting (at least for me) Switch games in summer and not so much time until the end of July.