• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
https://www.sonicstadium.org/2018/08/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-release-date-moved-forward/

Originally was supposed to be released on the 15th of November, 2019.

The move appears to have been in response to the shift in release date of Terminator 6, which has also been moved forward one week to the 15th of November 2019. This may be to due to avoid clashes in opening weekends, or down to commitments of Tim Miller who is both directing Terminator 6 and is an Executive Producer on the Sonic Movie.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
"Tim Miller who is both directing Terminator 6 and is an Executive Producer on the Sonic Movie."

what a time to be alive

Oct 27, 2017
I have a feeling this is going to coincide with a new game release. Every mainline 3D Sonic since 2006 has released between the last week of October to the first few weeks of November, would be a big coincidence for this movie to release at such a time and not have anything to accompany it.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I have a feeling this is going to coincide with a new game release. Every mainline 3D Sonic since 2006 has released between the last week of October to the first few weeks of November, would be a big coincidence for this movie to release at such a time and not have anything to accompany it.
Oh please no. I just want one new good 3D game, not a tie-in.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're rushing it out because they know it's gonna be a disaster no matter how long it sits in the oven.

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Didn't see a reason to start a new thread, so I figured I might as well bump and then those with an interest in this piece of cinematic history will check it:

According to James Marsden, the movie has now wrapped. This is from his instagram, where he has taken a selfie with Jim.