• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Patrick Casey, had some interesting words to say about the backlash of the Sonic movie poster.

DuL2uDhX4AADK8Y

Twitter User Dave Luty claims he went on to delete the tweet and block anyone who replied to it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DaveLuty/status/1072691159133274112

Last edited:

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I'm relaxed and I still think the little we have seen so far looks bad. Maybe the full reveal will be good but right now Sonic's muscular legs are creepy and unsettling.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm amazed that Dave Luty guy thinks he looks good in this exchange?

Like given that original quote I'd thought the writer had told the original creators to go fuck their mothers.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
lol the man has a point. in the grand scheme of things, this film will matter exactly zero in your life, so spending months leading up to release talking about how bad it will be is a gargantuan waste of time. too bad he's speaking to one of the least reasonable communities on the internet.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get why everyone is hating on it. Getting a movie that's so bad it's good is better than getting a movie that is just mediocre and offers nothing nerw or different to the source material (e.g. Ratchet & Clank movie). Give me more nightmarish redesigns pls.

Steroyd

Oct 27, 2017
Relax about what? The best video game to movie adaptations have either been decently tolerable or hilariously bad and Sonic sure as hell isn't going to change that.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah not panicked just morbidly curious in yet another mishandled turn in the history of the franchise.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
The poster sucks, but I really can't get behind this whole social media thing where it's apparently the coolest thing to be a complete dick to artists, writers, etc on the internet.

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
everybody just like take a chill pill yknow just relax

this movie is shaping up to be everything I knew it would be ever since I first heard about the concept way back in 2012 or whatever.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, the guy has better credentials the the new writer they got on the Resident Evil reboot.

I really have no opinion on the movie right now, but been busy with other things to really join in the upcry. My only real opinion is Sonic and Detective Pikachu stuff look kinda' creepy to me, but I don't really understand why people seem to love one and not the other. Maybe it was trailer vs a poster deal, or maybe people just love Sonic hate trains, I don't fucking know. I think both Sonic and Detective Pikachu will be average films in the end though, calling it.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's amazing, and everyone's reactions just makes me want to see it more. A classic looking of sonic would have gotten 0 interest from me, this has my attention.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Where's that Leslie Nielsen gif.

Seriously though, are people here actually dreading this trainwreck? Why the backlash? This is gonna provide such fantastic entertainment.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I can be simultaneously relaxed and think that the apparent design is shitty, even obscured by shadow and silhouette

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, we all need to listen to the guy who wrote such hits as National Lampoon's Dorm Daze 2, Transylmania and Team Hot Wheels: The Skills to Thrill.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope the backlash doesn't put the movie in jeapordy. The movie exists so it might as well have gross realistic narc Sonic rather than be utterly forgettable

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Muscular child sonic is an abomination, but whatever bring it on

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
People is freaking out with this design after years of the most weird fanfiction?

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That guy claims that Sonic's original creators commented on the movie design, I can't find anything on this, anyone got a link?

Not to me, I think the new Pokemon look really creepy. Though I also realize we've seen one in motion and a couple posters of the other in terms of adjustment.
The thing about Detective Pikachu is that everyone except the one who truly matters looks creepy, Pikachu looked adorable and cute and the fact that they got him right is all that matters to most people.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I do wonder if we would have had a similar reaction if the Detective Pikachu movie was revealed just with a poster showing the Pikachu design

Oct 28, 2017
It may be a movie, but at least there's something worse than big the cat and knuckles hunting chaos emeralds now.

Replaying sonic adventure doesn't seem so bad now.