• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

After settling in Green Hills, Sonic is ready for more freedom, and Tom and Maddie agree to leave him home while they go on vacation. But, no sooner are they gone, when Dr. Robotnik comes back, this time with a new partner, Knuckles, in search for an emerald that has the power to both build and destroy civilizations. Sonic teams up with his own sidekick, Tails, and together they embark on a journey to find the emerald before it falls into the wrong hands. Being directed by Jeff Fowler, and starring Jim Carrey, James Marsden, and Ben Schwartz.

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
I have to assume James Marsden will probably be sidelined for only a bit at the beginning, right? Kinda crappy if it is for the majority of the movie.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is the only place ive ever seen where people are unhappy about them sidebarring james marsden

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Sidelining Marsden is good, actually. Focus on what makes Sonic Sonic, bring in more characters and locations from that universe. This sounds great.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
James Marsden's character was a cop in the previous movie so maybe that's why they seem to be downplaying him more.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Anyways this sounds fine, but my one concern is how they say they're searching for "an emerald", which implies that there isn't seven of them as usual.

This is, unless they're just talking about the master emerald...

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if it's the Master Emerald rather than the Chaos Emeralds.

Angel Island???

I know there was that trope of "a portal in the sky" for a lot of movies in the past decade, but honestly, I could see this work in a way to bring in Angel Island like, maybe crashing down from floating on earth to crashing on it... or something. Not sure if the island will even go past like the epilogue portion, though (especially if it is the master emerald already missing).

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
James Marsden and Tika Sumpter were a pretty integral human element in the first movie, along with Robotnik. This could spell bad news for the film the more and more 'Sanic' it gets.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Sonic 3's plot? Yes, please.

I'm guessing this also means there's going to be only one chaos emerald in this universe, because I can't imagine that they'd bring in the master emerald first.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic 3's plot? Yes, please.

I'm guessing this also means there's going to be only one chaos emerald in this universe, because I can't imagine that they'd bring in the master emerald first.

Knuckles is there so they might just be folding the Chaos Emeralds into the Master Emerald.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
What are the chances of seeing Super Sonic in this? Give me Super Sonic, and I'll buy multiple tickets.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I want to know why people want James Marsdens character as main sidekick back over Freakin Tails.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Damn I mean I actually liked the first one. You're telling me this is gonna be Sonic 3??? Can't wait!

Also am I missing something? I didn't find James all that appealing.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
You joke, but I can absolutely see something like that.
I'm not joking, that's actually what I expect! They aren't going to keep holding off on Shadow forever; beyond the classic cast he's by far the most popular character in the series.

Anyways this sounds fine, but my one concern is how they say they're searching for "an emerald", which implies that there isn't seven of them as usual.

This is, unless they're just talking about the master emerald...
They could be searching for one Chaos Emerald and save the discovery of the rest for the inevitable third film; especially if they wanted to lightly adapt either of the Adventure games.

Or it's just the Master Emerald.

What are the chances of seeing Super Sonic in this? Give me Super Sonic, and I'll buy multiple tickets.
Jeff Fowler mentioned Super Sonic and Chaos Emeralds as something they'd want to save for sequels, intentionally keeping it simple with just Sonic vs Robotnik in the first film.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Knuckles was leaked on set a while ago, so not terribly surprising (Sonic 2 doesn't have much of a plot to work with). They'll obviously tease Shadow for the third movie.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
It's genuinely hilarious that folks are taking issue with the movie potentially not having 7 McGuffin devices.

Holy hell, I can't even imagine that screenplay.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think James will be just a cameo... we will prob follow him throughout multiple scenes in the movie all leading to the inevitable teamup.

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Potentially getting a live action movie adaptation of Sonic 3 before Sega can figure out a re-release of the 1994 game. What a timeline.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
e2f.png

Ready for Nipples