• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
MikeMyers

MikeMyers

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

I feel like at this point this tweet needs to be pinned in every Sonic thread lol
There is plenty of exposure to Shadow for kids even now.

Yeah but Shadow isnt particular the main character in that game. You start off with Sonic and unlock the others.

The crowd reaction too Shadow was strong especially among children. So I guess he is a big deal. Also been long enough that I dont think we need to do spoiler marks anymore.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but Shadow isnt particular the main character in that game. You start off with Sonic and unlock the others.

The crowd reaction too Shadow was strong especially among children. So I guess he is a big deal. Also been long enough that I dont think we need to do spoiler marks anymore.
You still unlock him pretty early into the game, and he was given away free at several points. You don't have to be the titular character to be known. Even if 10% of those players unlocked Shadow that's a ton of exposure. It's not like starting with Sonic means people don't know anyone else.

OP
OP
MikeMyers

MikeMyers

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
You still unlock him pretty early into the game, and he was given away free at several points. You don't have to be the titular character to be known. Even if 10% of those players unlocked Shadow that's a ton of exposure. It's not like starting with Sonic means people don't know anyone else.
I'm not doubting the franchise and characters are well known. Just mean it in the sense if he has a special role that makes him stick out compared to the other characters. Even Sonic Forces had an Episode Shadow mode.

OP
OP
MikeMyers

MikeMyers

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
20220504_144629.jpg

Sonic x Football Manager cinematic universe?

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
This was just a fun movie to watch throughout Even the human scenes were fine, mainly due to Natasha Rothwell going all out on her role.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
The joy on screen is palpable in this movie. Is it deep or complex? Not at all. But everyone involved clearly loves the franchise, and the studio was rewarded for changing course to cater to the fanbase with the first film, so they decide to make a Sonic-ass Sonic film. They go all in on video game silliness, Zones, Emeralds, spin attacks, losing rings, a final boss mecha, Super Sonic and that edgehog himself Shadow. Idris Elba sounds like he's having a blast as Knuckles, almost as much as Jim Carrey doubling down on his 90s heyday throwback.

I like how earnest these films have been. They're good simple fun. Felt like quite a budget beef up over the first too (which in hindsight works well as a straightforward introduction to a more video gamey sequel). The human element (and I'm not counting Robotnik as human, he's as much a cartoon as the animals) is entirely superfluous in this film, which has long stretches where it's just Sonic and Tails, or Sonic & Knuckles, or Sonic, Tails & Knuckles, but they were at least a little funny.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how someone could come to that conclusion unless they live in a bubble surrounded by 20+ years old Nintendo fans. For example, this is a Friday Night Funkin mod video based entirely around a Sonic creepypasta and obscure Sonic characters with 14 million views. Adults are clearly not making up that viewership.

I'm not familiar with most of whatever this video is talking about but is this Super Sonic based on the Sonic the Comic (UK) version? The red spiral rings in his eyes I thought were only in that version (who was more like an evil supervillain split personality in that comic). I grew up with those comics so they color my perception of Sonic stuff more than the later games did.

latest

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Sitting here under the maddening influence of our blessed blood moon reminded me that I meant to report in.

This movie isn't real. It's a fever dream I had when I was 13 years old. It's a 2 hours long, 100 million dollar shitpost. I stared into insanity's gaping maw, and out from that impossible chasm echoed "THIS HIT THAT ICE COLD MICHELLE PFEIFFER THAT WHITE GOLD"

munchie64

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not familiar with most of whatever this video is talking about but is this Super Sonic based on the Sonic the Comic (UK) version? The red spiral rings in his eyes I thought were only in that version (who was more like an evil supervillain split personality in that comic). I grew up with those comics so they color my perception of Sonic stuff more than the later games did.

latest
Those comics are legit great children's sci fi stories in a Sonic wrapping.

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
This was dope. I loved that they showed super sonic. I loved him in sonic 2 the game. I always used the code to unlock him.

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
Finally got to see this on Paramount+ and man what an improvement over the garbage 1st movie this was. So many neat little things from the games too like Sonic sucking up that bubble underwater. So glad Super Sonic wasn't spoiled for me as I had no idea that would be in the movie. The only bad parts were when they cut to the human cast playing volleyball and the whole wedding part. I was just like why am I watching this right now as what you are showing me has nothing to do with Sonic or the rest of what is going on. Shades of the first movie.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I think I liked the first one a bit better. Sure it was more your standard family flick but it had a lot of laughs for me and Sonic being lonely until he finds his family was surprisingly heartfelt.

This one was still funny but only a few standout moments really made me laugh (the reveal at the wedding, Eggman's mushroom coffee attempts, Sonic's Ferris Bueller dummy).
The emotion beats of friendship and taking care of other people was fine, but didn't hit me as strong as the first movie.

Still a pretty fun movie overall, maybe it was just a little too long for me. For such a simple story I don't know why it needed to be a full 2 hours.