• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

View: https://twitter.com/TailsChannel/status/1559406541471727616

With Sonic, Tails and Knuckles having defeated Robotnik and his Badniks, Green Hills is saved! But it wasn't over yet.

The Team will have to face what Robotnik's grandfather has created, Project Shadow. Things go from bad to worse when Robotnik obtains the Mini Emeralds from the destroyed Chaos Emerald, and creates his robotic version of Sonic, which will be used for the scientist to get his sinister revenge!

Teaming up with Shadow, they intend to defeat the Hedgehog once and for all. Through a dimensional portal, different creatures, Amy and Big, show up to help.

Could this team defeat Robotnik before the world comes to an end?

Last edited:

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
So
Metal sonic could be coming then? And is it metal sonic+shadow+robotnik vs sonic and friends?

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
That's quite a lot, if true.

Not only Shadow, but also Metal Sonic, Amy, AND Big?
Seems a little overboard, there's at least once character you could drop from that little group, easily...

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
what character from the wire is going to voice shadow? mcnulty? bunk?!
clay-davis-wire.gif

Beelzebufo

Jun 1, 2022
Canada
This movie series is a fucking goldmine. There are so many characters and ideas to pull from that these could just go on forever. Absolute goldmine. Who's the next credits character? Rouge? Vector? Silver? Amy? Big? Who gives a shit! It's gonna be hype no matter what!

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
That's quite a lot, if true.

Not only Shadow, but also Metal Sonic, Amy, AND Big?
Seems a little overboard, there's at least once character you could drop from that little group, easily...
They should drop Metal. Biolizard should be the final enemy. The villain of the story is really Gerald.
I'm so hyped for

Amy and Big. No Cream tho? What about Rogue?
She belongs to Marvel.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Oh my god please be edgy.

EDIT: AND GET CRUSH 40 IN THERE FFS

EDIT 2: JON ST. JOHN OR I RIOT. THESE ARE MY DEMANDS.

Last edited:

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds packed. Hope it's not a situation where they introduce too many characters with not enough time to develop all of them.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
This sounds like too much. lol

Metal Sonic, Shadow, Amy, and Big introduced all in the same movie?

Jarmel

Oct 25, 2017
New York
So the final showdown is going to be Shadow and Sonic against Metal Sonic instead of the Biolizard?

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Big got into a film before Blaze.

Superior Sonic cat confirmed.

Jarmel

Oct 25, 2017
New York
It also sounds like Carrey is indeed coming back otherwise they would have just written him out and focused on Grandpa Eggman.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
You know, that would make sense and I'm all for it.
They should still cut Big anyway though, and save Metal for a future movie or series. Best villain deserves more screentime.
Never cut Big. Always cut Metal. Next movie should be an Adventure 1 adaptation. Wanna see Chaos, the actual best enemy.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In all likely hood, Shadow and Amy will get the most character development. Big is a side comic relief. Metal is just there to contrasts Shadow's development into a good guy and to be the third act twist villain, betraying Eggman.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Big the fucking cat got into a hollywood movie.
omg imagine the next movie has silver and rehashes Sonic 06s plot

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
is mecha sonic mk. ii still in this movie though
it's sonic 3, work with me here

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
If an accurate synopsis, then calling my shot now: They're consolidating more plots together like 2 did. Metal Sonic is Eggman's version of Shadow based off Gerald's initial plans, but made better. Initially Metal and Shadow both work with Eggman, but Metal Sonic goes Metal Overlord, and it looks a suspicious amount like Chaos and Biolizard. Sonic and Shadow team up to face him after he overthrows Eggman, and Live and Learn plays.

Last edited:

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I guess we're just disregarding spoilers lmao

Anyways Biolizard would be a hard sell movie-wise, and Metal Sonic would probably be easier for the general audience to accept.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I am so down for this. I loved the first two movies, especially the second. The third sounds like it'll be just as much fun, if not more so.

Also glad to get (semi) confirmation that Carrey is coming back, he would definitely be missed.

OP
OP
MondoMega

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Hint: whenever film news leaks with 'reportedly' echoed again and again, it's fake.
There's a very fine difference between a random leak on the internet and a synopsis being shared through a publication like Production Weekly. You can see the reference to the film being in their latest issue on their own site.

I say reportedly in the title only because Paramount have not yet shared it themselves directly.

Oct 27, 2017
Big if true.
Would have liked something closer to SA2's plot but I realize lots of parts wouldn't jell with a hollywood movie script.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all in for
Metal Sonic
. But having
Shadow
is bad enough as it is, so please don't shit it up with trash tier characters like
Amy and Big

Hx]

Oct 28, 2017
Kuwait
That's too much. Metal deserves his own story and I want the movie to focus more on Shadow's plot including biolizard and gerald

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Jim Carrey retire?
As awesome as that sounds I would save either Shadow or Metal Sonic for the 4th movie. You gotta pace yourself if you want a long running movie series.