• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I can picture it now:

You get one chao egg to start with, and some basic feed to kick things off. Then for chao hats and accessories, you fork over your wallet.

Also once you feed them X amount of times, they go to sleep. You can pay to wake them up (quicker), of course.

Man, this is such a fantastic idea.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I can picture it now:

You get one chao egg to start with, and some basic feed to kick things off. Then for chao hats and accessories, you fork over your wallet.

Also once you feed them X amount of times, they go to sleep. You can pay to wake them up (quicker), of course.

Man, this is such a fantastic idea.
Quick ways to level up your Chao's stats would probably be the most profitable thing they could do. Leveling up all the stats for Chao races is the most tedious thing when you're going for all the emblems without previous Chao data.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Beef wanting chao garden to be profitbale shows how much he loves the chao and spreading and sharing that love of chao with everyone.
He should be commended for his dedication to the adorable chao that bring joy and happiness to his life.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Let's dispel this fiction that Professor Beef doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
He definitely is. Why do you hate chao Beef ? We can defeat him with the power of cuteness !

300v4W0.gif

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017

Custom Mania coding has gotten pretty slick when I wasn't looking.

I'm still waiting on accurate ports of Sonic 1 and 2 with all the badniks and bosses, plus the ability to play as Vector. I'm legit serious that one of my favorite hacks ever is Vector in Sonic 1. His air dash from Chaotix is really fun.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018

Village

Oct 25, 2017
IIzuka in an interview I think recently brought up the idea of e-sports potential for the franchise. Some of these ideas are realized with TSR but I wouldn't be suprised if they made more goes at it with the 3d parts of the franchise via other avenues. They problably see a lot of prominent esports games feature distinct characters with appealing character designs with colorful personalities that help sell the game ontop of solid gameplay. And then realized that they have, just that.

If they do make a genuinely go at it, a fighting game would be neat

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
IIzuka in an interview I think recently brought up the idea of e-sports potential for the franchise. Some of these ideas are realized with TSR but I wouldn't be suprised if they made more goes at it with the 3d parts of the franchise via other avenues. They problably see a lot of prominent esports games feature distinct characters with appealing character designs with colorful personalities that help sell the game ontop of solid gameplay. And then realized that they have, just that.

If they do make a genuinely go at it, a fighting game would be neat
Sonic Championship 2, let's gooooooooooooo

Village

Oct 25, 2017
A type of fictional extreme sports game using the characters abilities and shit would also be kinda tight.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
A type of fictional extreme sports game using the characters abilities and shit would also be kinda tight.

But you'd have to accommodate for the speed difference, so maybe they could all be riding something, like boards... HOVERboards... Yes...this Extreme Sports Gear will serve them well.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Sonic Team needs to actually put multiplayer into their games first. I have no idea how stuff like Sonic Generations HD did not have online multiplayer when the Nintendo 3DS version did. Hell, the HD game did not have multiplayer period.

No matter the quality, a proper Sonic fighting game would have a serious uphill battle in terms of people actually caring much about it honestly. We will get Virtua Fighter 6 eventually, but the fact it has taken so long proves SEGA does not have much confidence in the genre. It is certainly a hard market to break into properly nowadays.

Honestly, the best chance at getting an eSports Sonic title would be a Puyo spinoff in the franchise. I honestly believe a 'Mean Bean Machine 2' would have better global interest than most standard Puyo games do. I have no idea why they have not done that yet, honestly.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
If Sega wanted a Sonic fighting game, they should just hire Arc System Works to do it. ArcSys has touched other gaming IPs and turned them into fighting games before, and simply them being involved would get a bunch of people hyped.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
If I keep seeing "give it to Arc" then I'm gonna end up making a thread like Beef's Platinum one.

If only Sonic had some kind of team based game relating to speed like the series is known for, oh well!

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I feel like Sonic Battle 2 would be a no-brainer. Switching to 3D models, more complicated arenas, and online. They could even bring back the Forces "build an OC" idea with plenty of visual customization (expanded by mtx) and Emerl-style move picking.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I feel like Sonic Battle 2 would be a no-brainer. Switching to 3D models, more complicated arenas, and online. They could even bring back the Forces "build an OC" idea with plenty of visual customization (expanded by mtx) and Emerl-style move picking.
This is what I've wanted since I wrapped up the original. The concept for an expanded console sequel writes itself.