• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
That's my biggest critique, especially since it has knock on effects on the design of the rest of her moveset, but it's also explicitly not done yet, so I'm hopeful! More feedback pointing in that direction can only help it shape up better.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Thing i'm cursing ya'll with.

I have been playing a video game called code vien i bought during the steam sale. That shit was suprisingly good, I was expecting an ok dark souls clone with anime styling with a fun character creator. I got a really good dark souls style game with a character creator that gave me some fun options for black hair even if its clothing selection is a bit...lacking. Where am I going with this, as people often do in character creators, I goofed around it. After making several black goth vampires with braids/dreads because you can't stop me, I decided to create some known characters. Some were harder than other's I created a harley quinn build that uses only hammers that's going surprisingly well .

I also made this cursed fellow.

UkWytBM.jpg

2BlKBpg.jpg

Its the best I could do given the options I had to work with and was a bit harder to do than I was anticipating.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
i was already planning on skipping the keighly awards because it was going to be awful just like every other year, and that sonic announcement of an announcement is doing me no favors

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sonic Dash Movie Edition

It's very unlikely, but I could go for a big DLC pack for Team Sonic Racing. Call it the CCE Pack or Jam Pack or something, shove in as many characters as they do models and record voices for. Include the Hornet as a car.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Now that they're hinting at new announcements I do wonder what's going to become of that SA1 remake they kept teasing.

Give us the real windy valley, cowards

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Thing i'm cursing ya'll with.

I have been playing a video game called code vien i bought during the steam sale. That shit was suprisingly good, I was expecting an ok dark souls clone with anime styling with a fun character creator. I got a really good dark souls style game with a character creator that gave me some fun options for black hair even if its clothing selection is a bit...lacking. Where am I going with this, as people often do in character creators, I goofed around it. After making several black goth vampires with braids/dreads because you can't stop me, I decided to create some known characters. Some were harder than other's I created a harley quinn build that uses only hammers that's going surprisingly well .

I also made this cursed fellow.

UkWytBM.jpg

2BlKBpg.jpg

Its the best I could do given the options I had to work with and was a bit harder to do than I was anticipating.
I always figured human Shadow would look something like this:
dclthwa-1499c0ea-ede1-4008-98cd-f0520760f34b.png

or like Hiei from YYH

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I always figured human Shadow would look something like this:
dclthwa-1499c0ea-ede1-4008-98cd-f0520760f34b.png

or like Hiei from YYH
My favorite version of human shadow is one I need to find the picture of. But essentially he was black and his quills were shirt dreads or braids that curled up in the back. Gotta find that girls tumblr she had really good interpretations of human sonic characters

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
My favorite version of human shadow is one I need to find the picture of. But essentially he was black and his quills were shirt dreads or braids that curled up in the back. Gotta find that girls tumblr she had really good interpretations of human sonic characters
Ah interesting
though, what do you think of that image I shared though?

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Ah interesting
though, what do you think of that image I shared though?
Pretty good. Think the chest fur would be like the fur hood or collar of a jacket hes wearing though. His shoes as well I would make em jordan 1 esque. I wouldn't try to recreate shadow as a human, but approximate his appearance with human sensibilities? If that makes sense.

Like a human vector instead of wearing a green jumpsuit could wear a greenish crocodile skin vest. You can make the implication of who it's supposed to be whilst being stylish about it.

I really like seeing people reinterpretations of characters if you had not noticed by my rambling

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering what Sonic meant in the recent Sonic movie trailer by "on my planet, people were always after my powers", but it looks like a copyright listing has leaked a plot detail about a new villain: "a lizard warrior who wants to steal Sonic's power and use it to conquer the universe". Looks like Espio's had enough of Sonic's shit.

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I was wondering what Sonic meant in the recent Sonic movie trailer by "on my planet, people were always after my powers", but it looks like a copyright listing has leaked a plot detail about a new villain: "a lizard warrior who wants to steal Sonic's power and use it to conquer the universe". Looks like Espio's had enough of Sonic's shit.
the more i hear about this film, the more i hate it

Village

Oct 25, 2017
paramount gonna try and push lizard warrior super hard, and its not gonna happen

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I think people will definitely be paying extra close attention to the new animation tomorrow, seeing if there's any hints at a Mania sequel snuck in there.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think people will definitely be paying extra close attention to the new animation tomorrow, seeing if there's any hints at a Mania sequel snuck in there.

If they're doing a new Mania, with Stealth pretty obviously not involved given his recent video, that doesn't bode well. I'm not saying they can't pull it off, but Sega might not have Evening Star behind it. They might be back to "oh, we can just farm this out to anyone" mode.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
If they're doing a new Mania, with Stealth pretty obviously not involved given his recent video, that doesn't bode well. I'm not saying they can't pull it off, but Sega might not have Evening Star behind it. They might be back to "oh, we can just farm this out to anyone" mode.

I very much doubt that. Given SEGA now giving full control of Sonic to SOA, and Evening Star being mere minutes away from SOA, I think ES is hard at work on the sequel, damn near every dev that worked on Mania is there now. I think Stealth just wanted to do his own thing, and it just didn't work out, sadly.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
The high degree of overlap between the Sonic and MLP fanbases will never not amuse me. Can't believe IDW hasn't capitalized on that yet.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
the studio who did VFX for the sonic film shut down. There is no proof that sonic was apart of this. However, apperently there is some rumors going arund about a VFX artist complaining about crunch on two projects and one of them may have been sonic. Which would be contradictory to previous reports

Last edited:

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
That short was amazing.

It also just threw gas all over this Sonic Adventure remake speculation fire.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I think the cartoon is neat. I think folks are getting ahead of themselves though.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Recent Sonic threads made me want to play another boost game and I tried Colors. I really liked Generations and the Unleashed Project, they made me appreciate SEGA arcade philosophy and discover one of my GOAT, Nights into dreams.

Sonic Colors looks and sounds very good and you can feel it comes from that brief period Sonic Team knew what they were doing, but it's a very different game than Unleashed and Generations. The boost is there but heavenly de-emphasize - in fact, you have to use it just a few times to speed the game up. Therefore, the game isn't about perfect execution of different set-pieces, but experimenting with the world around Sonic through the Wisps - to the point that you are more rewarded by collecting the red coins than by finishing the level in a short time. Each level is designed around multiple wisps... including some you have yet to unlock. This is where things get interesting - in a way you can say the level design is "multi-layered", you can complete each level by using just Sonic and the default Wisps, or you can return to it later looking for every red coins and discovering new routes using new Wisps. It feels a lot more like a Mario or Kirby game than a Sonic game (dare I say, it's almost a 2D Mario 64 with the unlockable caps/Wisps). Unfortunately, while objectively good (yet not great, some levels are very short and too gimmick-y imho), it is very different from what I expected, that is, another Unleashed/Generations. I'll probably drop the game (I defeated three bosses for now) and return to it after some time while I'm more in the mood for it.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Mario comparisons went around a lot at the time, too. I think the game is loosely patterned after Unleashed mostly because that was the known working formula at the time and they had to throw Colors together pretty quickly, but actually playing like Unleashed was clearly not the priority.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
for those who missed it, this "sonic surprise" was literally just the co-creator of westworld making a brief joke about james marsden's character being based on his character in the sonic movie

embarrassing

That and Green Hill Zone making a brief appearance during Green Day's performance (@2:03):

(But the coolness of seeing Green Hill Zone is cancelled out by the uncool band performing in front of it.)

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Was that a joke by Keighley, or did they really have a Sonic game announcement pulled from the Game Awards?
I'm not sure how excited I am in anything 3D after Sonic Forces, but it still sucks if it's true.

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Was that a joke by Keighley, or did they really have a Sonic game announcement pulled from the Game Awards?
I'm not sure how excited I am in anything 3D after Sonic Forces, but it still sucks if it's true.
Yeah, I'm confused too. Reads like a joke.

As long there's no game based on the movie, I'm happy :v