• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
UltimateQueasyBoa-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_nbxvrr3Fk21smn62mo1_r1_500.gif.8ea150af60ac2c29f6e4ea0e0277f614.gif

Post more.... we need more !

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Team Racing is the only title this year.
Fuck it man, I'll take a shitty Story Book title, I'm thirsty for some Sonic nonsense sans the movie.

Supaidaman

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Team Racing is the only title this year.
Fuck it man, I'll take a shitty Story Book title, I'm thirsty for some Sonic nonsense sans the movie.

Probably. Maybe another port of Sonic 1 or something but I'm guessing it's going to take a while until we see a new proper Sonic game.

Maybe we will have a shitty mobile game made for the movie đź’©

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
There's also Mario&Sonic at the olympics if that counts. We're probably getting the next mainline game in 2020 tho.

Oct 25, 2017
Sega Ages: Sonic 2 is still coming as well.

I doubt there's any new platforming game coming out this year and would honestly be worried if there was, 2D or 3D. I do wonder if there are any ports or remasters in the pipeline though.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Mario & Sonic 2020 will be another major game from this year. It seems like their best effort at a game like that since London 2012 (which is honestly quite good!).

The SEGA Genesis Mini is heavily marketing Sonic on it, so that kind of counts as a Sonic product. It will be a big deal with the fans if it has Sonic 3K properly on it too (which I honestly really think it might).

I suspect Team Sonic Racing, Sonic Mania Plus and maybe Sonic Forces will all get a decent enough surge in sales around the time the movie releases.

I do hope they have something big for the 30th anniversary, but I also expect another significant game next year. Giving the next 3D game time to cook instead of slapping a game together in a few months like they did with Forces would be nice.

Oct 25, 2017

This is ridiculously impressive what the fuck

watch the ending

All it needs now is level design but I've literally never seen an engine like this

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
That's got a really nice sense of weightiness compared to most fan engines, and I've never seen attacks look so fluid in 3D. Feels like what a mechanically polished and robust Adventure game should play like.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018

watch the ending

All it needs now is level design but I've literally never seen an engine like this

This is incredible indeed. If this guy manages to get a small team together with ideas for level design and ideas... it could turn out to be the best 3d fangame out there. I'm honestly way more of a fan of this than Utopia because it tries to implement the best of modern and classic sonic unlike Utopia that just spits on anything 3D sonic has ever done.

edit: I love how the bounce carries momentum. The weight all the movements have is incredible as well. It just looks so smooth.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Excuse me.... what... I thought my mind was blown but what...

Nailing Sonic was impressive enough but Tails and Knuckles... as well.... Holy crap ! Honestly, this needs a thread. I'd make it but it's late and I have to go sleep but this is incredible.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

watch the ending

"Wow, this is really cool. Everything looks fluid chaining different moves is awesome, can't wait to--"

*Sonic gets on a fucking hoverboard*

"Oh, no fucking way"

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Officially the best Sonic Fan Game Engine. Please dont quit lol.

I'm glad he got rid of the boost but ever since unleashed people have been making the characters move too fast.( Even Uptopia ) Slow them down some and increase control so that the level design is easier. In 2d you still move slow enough to platform regularly when at 0. You can still have a high top speed.

Anyways, I just have to assume by now Sonic Team realizes it time to return to 3D.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The animations are top notch in that game/engine, wow.

Damn, this has a lot of mechanics I wanted to see in a Sonic game. Good luck to the team on this project.

Last edited:

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Are all these Chao available in game?
Yeah

Factor in the following and Chao can end up with all sorts of appearances, from my memory you've got...
- Their randomised expression when hatched
- The base colour, standard light blue chao can change colour depending on how they evolve, meanwhile the actual coloured eggs you can buy have the chao be born and stay that colour, some of those eggs can be sorta shiny/glossy versions
- How they evolve depending on strongest stat and/or hero or dark alignment alters their form
- The animal parts they can be given
- Cosmetic items you can buy for them
- Cosmetic broaches/jewels you can win for them via chao races or karate

I actually forgot how in depth it could go, some of this was added in SA2 and retroactively added to the DX port of Sonic Adventure

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Yeah

Factor in the following and Chao can end up with all sorts of appearances, from my memory you've got...
- Their randomised expression when hatched
- The base colour, standard light blue chao can change colour depending on how they evolve, meanwhile the actual coloured eggs you can buy have the chao be born and stay that colour, some of those eggs can be sorta shiny/glossy versions
- How they evolve depending on strongest stat and/or hero or dark alignment alters their form
- The animal parts they can be given
- Cosmetic items you can buy for them
- Cosmetic broaches/jewels you can win for them via chao races or karate

I actually forgot how in depth it could go, some of this was added in SA2 and retroactively added to the DX port of Sonic Adventure

I don't remember a watermelon chao. Huh.

They need to bring this back and monetize it to be honest. Maybe then we can get a AAA sonic game again

Oct 25, 2017
Project Hero already seemed like the most promising and natural of the 3D engines before but this update is still pretty impressive. Was definitely not expecting Tails and Knuckles & Knuckles.

Also dammit bring back A-Life you cowards.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Quick question for people with more VMUs and batteries than I have: Could you transfer chao between gardens in SA1 and SA2 on Dreamcast?

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
OK. that's about what I figured (and messing around with the minigames using VeMUlator seems to support that as well). Confirms my suspicion that there's really no point to me picking up a copy of SA2 for DC then, since the difference between it and its later ports is much less pronounced than SA1's.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK. that's about what I figured (and messing around with the minigames using VeMUlator seems to support that as well). Confirms my suspicion that there's really no point to me picking up a copy of SA2 for DC then, since the difference between it and its later ports is much less pronounced than SA1's.

you actually could transfer from SA1 to SA2, but not vice versa iirc

but yeah, the later SA2 ports are much closer to the dreamcast version than SADX is

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
There are little things that bug me about SA2's HD port.

Analog sensitivity isn't right, leaning on grind rails feels different, how it handles B button inputs seems broken, and how it prioritizes homing attack targets was changed. That last one in particular seems to be a change made for SA2: Battle on the Gamecube, but replaying SA2 in the ReDream emulator feels moderately better. Or, at least, more like what I remember the game playing like.