• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
The funniest thing regarding that game is

" The only thing canon from chronicles is a lawsuit "

I laugh and then I get really sad.

Speak of the devil, here's a preview of the Pender's glorious new comic

*cursed image removed*

All right. That was fun. Get rid of the community spotlight for this community. :P

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
Ever so often I think about Sonic Project Hero. I feel like my dreams are on the edge of becoming reality. I just love the way Sonic, Tails and Knuckles move, it looks so fun to just control. One day an official title will take notes from this. Let Tails be a contender again!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
JKkTvsL.png

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Ever so often I think about Sonic Project Hero. I feel like my dreams are on the edge of becoming reality. I just love the way Sonic, Tails and Knuckles move, it looks so fun to just control. One day an official title will take notes from this. Let Tails be a contender again!

In a perfect world I would like Tails but....

Creating Sonics levels is so hard and Tails would break them unless you simplify the level design to suit both of them.

I'd rather they focused on making intricate Sonic stages

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
In a perfect world I would like Tails but....

Creating Sonics levels is so hard and Tails would break them unless you simplify the level design to suit both of them.

I'd rather they focused on making intricate Sonic stages

Thats...kind of my position too.

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I feel that Sonic 06 (of all things) had a more practical approach to a playable Tails with a much less broken flight ability, at least on a conceptual level despite my general dislike to how it handled mandatory character switching.

ckareset

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Thats...kind of my position too.

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I feel that Sonic 06 (of all things) had a more practical approach to a playable Tails with a much less broken flight ability, at least on a conceptual level despite my general dislike to how it handled mandatory character switching.
Sonic 06 is so broken, but yes. I do think generally thats how the other characters should be incorporated.

Also I think the series needs a more Sonic Lost World (Mario lol) approach to levels. You simply need to reuse assets and having multiple stages per world makes it so much easier. I think it's better than alternate storylines. Which the only time I have enjoyed is SA2 because the hero and dark stages are pretty much different stages.

But maybe Im thinking way too practical with the series. The budget is just so sad

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
When the Sonic gameplay is down pat Tails and Knuckles could easily fit into the same stages. The only way it wouldn't work with their abilities is if the stages are designed as linearly as they have been in the boost games. Don't be afraid of something great, it could surely be done! Sure they could fly and glide over tons of obstacles and enemies but thats ok. All the best games let you go nuts like that with enough know how and experimentation.

Think about Sonic 3&K as well as Mania. There are certain points where Ray, Tails and Knuckles can just soar as high as they want and avoid darn near everything. Same with Super Mario World and Breath of the Wild. In Sonic Adventure you know could spin dash up certain points to fly straight through loops or over landscape to really cheese the game and in some cases Sonic Team encouraged it with those seemingly random item boxes placed in areas seemingly impossible to get to. Still if gameplay is good along with incentives to explore people will play in what ever way that pleases them.

Sonic and Tails in Sonic Adventure is the best 3D example of both characters using the same stages(more or less). I don't think getting only Sonic down is some near impossible task that requires all attention. Well unless you're Sonic Team of course.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
EDIT: Krejlooc wanted me to make sure that anyone reading this has their expectations tempered, JUST IN CASE, as it's not yet final, but there is some murmuring that some old Sega CD stuff will be becoming public soon.

Last edited:

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
yeah, that thread is totally out. Weird because mods tend to just lock threads, not delete them.

Paging Krejlooc to see if he can say anything.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea what you guys are talking about and I'm interested to find out.

Kreej opened a thread about how him and other people (drx and I guess more) got 7 Sonic CD prototypes, some before even the 510 build and probably containing the first proto of the game (1992), and that they would rip and look into them soon.

Then the thread got locked (by his request) and deleted.

ckareset

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
When the Sonic gameplay is down pat Tails and Knuckles could easily fit into the same stages. The only way it wouldn't work with their abilities is if the stages are designed as linearly as they have been in the boost games. Don't be afraid of something great, it could surely be done! Sure they could fly and glide over tons of obstacles and enemies but thats ok. All the best games let you go nuts like that with enough know how and experimentation.

Think about Sonic 3&K as well as Mania. There are certain points where Ray, Tails and Knuckles can just soar as high as they want and avoid darn near everything. Same with Super Mario World and Breath of the Wild. In Sonic Adventure you know could spin dash up certain points to fly straight through loops or over landscape to really cheese the game and in some cases Sonic Team encouraged it with those seemingly random item boxes placed in areas seemingly impossible to get to. Still if gameplay is good along with incentives to explore people will play in what ever way that pleases them.

Sonic and Tails in Sonic Adventure is the best 3D example of both characters using the same stages(more or less). I don't think getting only Sonic down is some near impossible task that requires all attention. Well unless you're Sonic Team of course.

Well like I said there is a content barrier. If you are gonna ever hope to make enough in a game the amount of open sprawling segments is going to be limited.

Ive always thought you have to take Sonics moveset and put him in some actual challenges that make use of it. Sort of like the way Mario especially something like Galaxy takes ideas then spits them out. Yes, in a perfect world go big, go open, go nuts.

Sonic Adventure has 10 stages. It's not enough and they know it. But in my mind you can take those stages and create worlds with. That can take 10 to 30 or 50 stages. But you need a hyper focus on mechanics that can be remixed and matched without feeling like padding.

I mean they couldn't even finish the 14 stages in sonic 3 and Knuckles so they made two games lol

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Kreej opened a thread about how him and other people (drx and I guess more) got 7 Sonic CD prototypes, some before even the 510 build and probably containing the first proto of the game (1992), and that they would rip and look into them soon.

Then the thread got locked (by his request) and deleted.
Oh I never saw the lock message. If that's the case I'm assuming it was just announced too early, maybe drx is writing up a proper announcement so it was deleted out of respect.
I'm sure we'll hear about it in the coming weeks, probably on Hidden Palace.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, an LP finally managed to get through all of Sonic 06 and didn't get over 100 parts in and just stop. Now I finally have full reference for how bad this game actually is.

Even with the various bugs fixed, there are some things in here that'll require more than just a touch-up. A lot of scenes are anticlimactic or cut short because of what I'm assuming was time constraints. Boss fights just sorta...end...

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Scourge was at his best when he was literally a parody.

Unfortunately Ian flynn reveals that his plans for scourge were going to ruin him , imo anyway

Edit:

Last edited:

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Scourge was the Reverse Flash to Sonic's Flash (right down to the inverted skin/eye color), and I'll always like him for that.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

I really appreciate how they snuck in throwbacks to the '90s cartoons, Sonic CD cutscenes, and even the OVA gets some representation here!

I think I just found my new favorite show! lol

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Is Sonic Forces worth playing at all? Tempted by the $10 PSN price right now.

For $10? Mmmmmmmmmm, I don't hate it (and I frankly adore the writing) but I definitely agree with people saying the core of the game (i.e., level structure) is very slight. That's getting into my "would consider recommending it" range.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Forces was one of the few 3D Sonics I ever bought at launch and completed 100% soon after. Got around 30 hours out of it too. It must've done something right to hold my attention that long, and I generally prefer the 2D stuff over the 3D.

For $10 it's an easy recommendation. If Mania was a tribute to the Genesis games, Forces was a throwback to the mid-to-late-'00s games, warts and all. If you go into it expecting that, you shouldn't be (too) disappointed.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
For $10 it's an easy recommendation. If Mania was a tribute to the Genesis games, Forces was a throwback to the mid-to-late-'00s games, warts and all. If you go into it expecting that, you shouldn't be (too) disappointed.
As a guy who likes those games. That game was widly dissapointing because it doesn't have any of the stuff to make that cool. And that's kind of the main issue with the game? Its trying to appeal to 3 seperate fanbases...poorly. And mania appeals to one, super hard and works.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Fair enough. I guess I should also say that my first playthrough was kinda underwhelming, but replaying stages seeking out collectables and speedrunning them was much more enjoyable. And I usually don't care too much about customization features, but the character creator was fun to mess around with, especially with trying to recreate comic characters. (Closest I'll probably ever get to playing as Scourge in an official Sonic game, besides Generations mods.)

ckareset

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Sonic Heroes and Shadow the hedgehog are both better than forces