• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
I've been going through a Sonic phase recently...

SADX PC has a bunch of great mods that are worth tracking down, particularly for the restored Dreamcast assets/effects and Windy Valley prototype level.

Colors DS has a lot of the Rush DNA in it, but it's definitely a bit slowed down by comparison.

I'm pretty sure Sega could make bank with a formal Rush 3 at this point, if Dimps remembers how to make them.

And yeah, IDW Sonic's not bad. The writer's been working on Sonic comics professionally for thirteen years now, if you can track down any of his Archie material at this point.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
SADX PC has a bunch of great mods that are worth tracking down, particularly for the restored Dreamcast assets/effects and Windy Valley prototype level.

Colors DS has a lot of the Rush DNA in it, but it's definitely a bit slowed down by comparison.

I'm pretty sure Sega could make bank with a formal Rush 3 at this point, if Dimps remembers how to make them.

And yeah, IDW Sonic's not bad. The writer's been working on Sonic comics professionally for thirteen years now, if you can track down any of his Archie material at this point.

I actually used the Dreamcast mod for this playthrough. I've never actually played the Dreamcast version so it was fun to see the different look. I also used mods for Adventure 2, in particular giving characters more abilities (like Shadow with the bounce bracelet) and reducing the time needed to hold down the action button to start doing the spindash.

I would love another Rush game. Perhaps Sega would be interested in doing such a thing with more attention on 2D Sonic now. Classic Sonic and Rush definitely have very different feels to them. I've been hurting my brain trying to figure out what the canon of Eggman Nega and Blaze is though post 06/Rivals.

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I'd just like a proper Sonic Rush remaster, or at least an effort to put it on any other platform besides the DS. Sega's released the 90's Sonic games countless times, made efforts to bring the Sonic Adventure games forward to new platforms, but those GBA and DS games are all but forgotten at this point, and I'd credit Sonic Rush as being the thing that kept Sonic alive, at least for me, during some very dark times.

It's been like, 15 years since that game came out, and even longer since the GBA games. It's time.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Honestly I'd just like a proper Sonic Rush remaster, or at least an effort to put it on any other platform besides the DS. Sega's released the 90's Sonic games countless times, made efforts to bring the Sonic Adventure games forward to new platforms, but those GBA and DS games are all but forgotten at this point, and I'd credit Sonic Rush as being the thing that kept Sonic alive, at least for me, during some very dark times.

It's been like, 15 years since that game came out, and even longer since the GBA games. It's time.

I wonder how they would handle the rush games if they did remaster them, what with the games using both the screens on the DS. I guess they could just have it on one screen but with the camera pulled back for boss fights.

Time to show all that Rush and Advance love.

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
While I would love a rerelease of Rush, Advance and some other games (I personally love Heroes so I want a rerelease), I can't see SEGA doing it right now. We're just going to get endless ports of Sonic 1 and 2.

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how they would handle the rush games if they did remaster them, what with the games using both the screens on the DS. I guess they could just have it on one screen but with the camera pulled back for boss fights.

Time to show all that Rush and Advance love.

I mean the dual screens thing is just a gimmick and one you don't actually need. It just treats it as one very tall screen. It's not like you have to pay attention to the bottom screen while you're on the top or anything like that.

At the bare minimum they could implement something like this, where it simply tracks what screen Sonic is on and flips between them, and it would work fine. But you could also just make the camera track the player like any other single-screen game and essentially lose nothing.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
I mean the dual screens thing is just a gimmick and one you don't actually need. It just treats it as one very tall screen. It's not like you have to pay attention to the bottom screen while you're on the top or anything like that.

At the bare minimum they could implement something like this, where it simply tracks what screen Sonic is on and flips between them, and it would work fine. But you could also just make the camera track the player like any other single-screen game and essentially lose nothing.

That looks great! Nice skills by the way.

I imagine the added horizontal screen space of a remaster would probably be more helpful than the vertical screens.

So how do we get this to happen now.....

While I would love a rerelease of Rush, Advance and some other games (I personally love Heroes so I want a rerelease), I can't see SEGA doing it right now. We're just going to get endless ports of Sonic 1 and 2.
I used to love Heroes as a kid. I'm scared to go back to it though because everyone tells me it's a huge step down from the Adventure titles.

How many copies of Sonic 1 and 2 would you own at this point if you bought every release of it?

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Anyone seen Sonic smackdown?
Also, hilarious how the Sonic movie trailer dropped once and since then, it's been complete silence. They have no faith in it

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone seen Sonic smackdown?
Also, hilarious how the Sonic movie trailer dropped once and since then, it's been complete silence. They have no faith in it
Yes, tails and rouge are playable and shadow is litterally vergil

As for the movie to be fair to them, they are overhauling an entire film interms of sonic's model and that takes time. The only new news is Hesee is working on it. Which is good and Ian flynn heard something about it and he says he's cautiously optimistic. But other wise, animators are working. Ain't much else to say

Though we can have a whole conversation about how I think thier descion to delay was... really dumh

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Yes, tails and rouge are playable and shadow is litterally vergil

As for the movie to be fair to them, they are overhauling an entire film interms of sonic's model and that takes time. The only new news is Hesee is working on it. Which is good and Ian flynn heard something about it and he says he's cautiously optimistic. But other wise, animators are working. Ain't much else to say

Though we can have a whole conversation about how I think thier descion to delay was... really dumh
The design fix won't change that this film is being made by the wrong people and looks like an utter trainwreck

Village

Oct 25, 2017
The design fix won't change that this film is being made by the wrong people and looks like an utter trainwreck
Yep this film from what I saw looks like it should have come out in 07-08. A generic live action+ animation film that seems like it has very little do with why people like the character, or that world. And more so someone plopping sonic down into what they think a successful film is. And there version of a successful is a decade+ late. Even the smurfs gave up and made a fully animated film with a not "fish out of water" story. Yet sonic is here.. a decade late to the Alvin and the chipmunks party

I will try and be respectful. This film is gonna be someone's first sonic thing, and they are gonna like it. But it just seems...redundant and bland

But maybe I'm wrong and its fine, all I can do is wait

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Yep this film from what I saw looks like it should have come out in 07-08. A generic live action+ animation film that seems like it has very little do with why people like the character, or that world. And more so someone plopping sonic down into what they think a successful film is. And there version of a successful is a decade+ late. Even the smurfs gave up and made a fully animated film with a not "fish out of water" story. Yet sonic is here.. a decade late to the Alvin and the chipmunks party

I will try and be respectful. This film is gonna be someone's first sonic thing, and they are gonna like it. But it just seems...redundant and bland

But maybe I'm wrong and its fine, all I can do is wait
This, there is no reason for this movie to be like this

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
well this is nostalgic

EE6jlasWsAItAAp.jpg

EFFq6XqXkAE7_ZT.png
EFFq69dXYAAcH05.png

EFFq6pmXoAEIyiC.png

EFK7V2uX4AYUrFy.png

Artist:

That's Cover B, Cover A is Jon Gray going mad with power:

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how it would function exactly, but a grappling hook based gimmick would fit her design without overlapping with someone else.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Why are they trying to make Zavok a thing?

If I am to speculate. I think the guy's name is hashimoto, he had heavy involvement in colors, lost world and forces. The latter two solidifying my thoughts that colors is kinda overrated. And he's like one of the people still around so, i guess he's just advocating for his characters.

This would be the point where i suggest maybe merch sales prove that people like zetia because children. But I honestly don't think even on websites housing younger sonic fans , they seem to not like zavok either. So I honestly think, it's someone with influence exerting it.

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lost World is such a weird game. And I'm not talking about the gameplay but the world around it:
  • There's a mini planet in the middle of nowhere with parts of if shaped like a hex because...? Sonic CD's Little Planet had more explanation on the instruction manual.
  • The Zeti are there because ... ?
  • They can be controlled by a magic conch and can control robots because ... ?

It feels like I was throw into the middle of a movie without any context and I hate that.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
they're taking advice from homer

Yeah I maintain my previous opinion the Six are the real poochies of the sonic series in that they were tiresome even in the game they originated in and yet for some reason someone thinks they need to keep coming back despite their awfulness. Zazz stuck out to me more than Zavok at first but mainly because he was in that Sonic Dash game

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else think Johnny Yong Bosch would be a good Shadow
I always saw him doing a decent sonic but that also works .

My ideal " If they choose to not go with kirk " anymore voice actor is Khary Payton, who is that you ask? He does a lot, but you know him for Cyborg from teen titains. This may seem strange at first, but if you watch young justice and Seen his Kaldur Aqualad/Aquaman voice , its ... its just perfect.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I always saw him doing a decent sonic but that also works .

My ideal " If they choose to not go with kirk " anymore voice actor is Khary Payton, who is that you ask? He does a lot, but you know him for Cyborg from teen titains. This may seem strange at first, but if you watch young justice and Seen his Kaldur Aqualad/Aquaman voice , its ... its just perfect.
I am familiar with him.. Hmmmm, I dunno if it would fit Shadow