• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
I find it more weird how some people are taking Classic Sonic's appearance in Bannana Blitz HD as a means of them "slowing phasing out Modern Sonic". >.>

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I find it more weird how some people are taking Classic Sonic's appearance in Bannana Blitz HD as a means of them "slowing phasing out Modern Sonic". >.>
Who said that? That's dumb. This just seems like wild asset reuse.

When I said " feel weird " I meant like a glasses push up " well aktually " kinda way, not that.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
classic sonic just fits the monkey ball art style better, and his smaller rounder shape is better for being a small orb boy. not worth reading all that much into.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love that, but Psi never went back and brushed up the S3 hack with the extra features to my knowledge, no.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
There's also the DS collection of Sonic Games which is decidedly imperfect (no 2P modes available, not even the ability to play the S3 stages in time attack; condensed screen size to fit in the DS resolution; slowdown on original DS models) but is decently playable on 3DS or DSi.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's also the DS collection of Sonic Games which is decidedly imperfect (no 2P modes available, not even the ability to play the S3 stages in time attack; condensed screen size to fit in the DS resolution; slowdown on original DS models) but is decently playable on 3DS or DSi.
That's probably the one I'm gonna end up looking for since I don't feel like digging up my PS2 just to play Sonic.

Frankly I just wish they ported the Mega Collection. Such a good bundle.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I think this would be a really cool design for a Sonic spin-off game. Something entirely based around homing attacks and combos/rankings. (Of course the original game looks neat.)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I got a Chrome Book and that's about it. Not good for much besides web browsing.
Well Sonic 3 and Knuckles is on sale atm, so you could at least buy it at that price.
store.steampowered.com

Sonic 3 & Knuckles on Steam

Dr. Eggman’s (AKA Dr. Robotnik’s) Death Egg was once again blasted by Sonic, crash-landing on the peak of a volcano on the Floating Island. Dr. Eggman is still at large, and Sonic can’t allow him to get his hands on the Master Emerald and repair the Death Egg. Sonic must also keep Knuckles off...

Furthermore, if you can just install steam on your chromebook, buy the game, download it then you can at least have the ROM files for use with any emulator or for playing on your phone etc.
I mean come on, ain't nothing wrong in testing out if your wee ol' Chromebook could run an emulator for a 20+ year old console.
...unless it's one of them ancient Chromebooks, but hey if I could run a PSOne emulator in my ye olde Win 98 laptop back in the late 90s, I'd say you likely have a good chance with an MD emulator.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well Sonic 3 and Knuckles is on sale atm, so you could at least buy it at that price.
store.steampowered.com

Sonic 3 & Knuckles on Steam

Dr. Eggman’s (AKA Dr. Robotnik’s) Death Egg was once again blasted by Sonic, crash-landing on the peak of a volcano on the Floating Island. Dr. Eggman is still at large, and Sonic can’t allow him to get his hands on the Master Emerald and repair the Death Egg. Sonic must also keep Knuckles off...

Furthermore, if you can just install steam on your chromebook, buy the game, download it then you can at least have the ROM files for use with any emulator or for playing on your phone etc.
I mean come on, ain't nothing wrong in testing out if your wee ol' Chromebook could run an emulator for a 20+ year old console.
...unless it's one of them ancient Chromebooks, but hey if I could run a PSOne emulator in my ye olde Win 98 laptop back in the late 90s, I'd say you likely have a good chance with an MD emulator.
I'll be frank that's just more effort then I want to put in. I'm kinda lazy like that. I appreciate the tips though.

I like the game but I got other stuff to play to and I don't like messing with this kind of stuff. I'll track down one of the collections it's in eventually.

Again thank you though.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
No worries homie :3

25th anniversary of s3&k, dang
Not necesarily in the mood to play it but will watch a non glitch playthru of it.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Why can you not skip the Super Sonic cutscene for the Final Boss?!? I got it the first time.

Because it's cool, and the game actually switches sprite banks during that sequence. That's why if you go in with Tails or Knuckles, it messes up your sprites, but if you Debug briefly to bypass it, they'll use their normal sprite set.

They could just load you in as Super Sonic, but maybe the engine wasn't really set up to handle it, and Doomsday was a late addition.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because it's cool, and the game actually switches sprite banks during that sequence. That's why if you go in with Tails or Knuckles, it messes up your sprites, but if you Debug briefly to bypass it, they'll use their normal sprite set.

They could just load you in as Super Sonic, but maybe the engine wasn't really set up to handle it, and Doomsday was a late addition.
I just got tired of waiting through it every time I died. And I died a lot during that fight.

Finally beat it after burning through two continues.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Random thought but I'm kinda curious why they seem to be making "Reach for the Stars" be sort of modern Sonic's leitmotif.

I don't mind as I love the song I just wonder why that's the one they choose.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm, didn't notice this reference before:
YWf1Fb8.jpg

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, one of the greatest things about Sonic geeks getting to work on actual products is referencing all the things Sega/Sonic Team/etc. likely forgot existed. (Or just see it as one of a million products or experiments they made at one point.)

They don't even seem to like referencing the Game Gear games that much, and those were pretty big deals to the public. I'm guessing because they were done by Ancient instead.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
That'd work especially with the mobile version being just Sonic characters.
It also works because the actual Olympics are next year. They could release them around that time have various sonic characters not only participating but visiting various sites in japan on like a vacation. Plenty of time to work on em

It would never happen but you can have anthro yakuza cameos if they wanted

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
It just occurred to me that I can play the Taxman remakes of Sonic 1 through CD in HD on an Apple TV with an Xbox One controller since the OS update. Need to test that when I get home. Have any of you tried that?

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It just occurred to me that I can play the Taxman remakes of Sonic 1 through CD in HD on an Apple TV with an Xbox One controller since the OS update. Need to test that when I get home. Have any of you tried that?

i have, works great. closest thing we'll probably ever get to console ports of the 1/2 remasters

sadly the CD port has the same problems the iOS/android version always had, such as the missing underwater palette for tidal tempest and glowy background bits in quartz quadrant, so the 360/ps3/pc port still has a leg up there