• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Toxic Caves is legit one of the best songs on the Genesis. I almost don't even think a remix would ever do it justice, it needs that Genesis twang.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hot damn that's good

also happy Sonic Rush Day while it's still the 15th here

happy DAMN 4th Chaos Emerald Day as well

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
Until, halfway through the fight, the game abruptly switches to

It's still amazing though...

Heck, this was my ringtone for the longest time. Speaking of ringtones...
3562722d-0f9f-4d5f-btcu35.jpeg

I may have gone overboard with Forces tones, alarms, and alerts...

Oct 25, 2017
The funk stylings of the Virtual Sonic arrangement hold up pretty well.

I take it back this is amazing, thank you for sharing

Until, halfway through the fight, the game abruptly switches to

Literally all they had to do was have this play in the first half and not the second and it would have been fine, but noooooo the boring video gamey boss music had to kick the sick hair metal banger out of the spotlight smh

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Literally all they had to do was have this play in the first half and not the second and it would have been fine, but noooooo the boring video gamey boss music had to kick the sick hair metal banger out of the spotlight smh
I've always thought the fight works a bit better when you swap the dull endgame boss music to be first. Problem is the fight's too short and Open Your Heart doesn't really get to the headbanger.

At least Generations lets you play the original for the whole battle.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing Sonic Forces and I'm not hating it, send help.

I mean its level design so far is like Sonic for toddlers but it's like playing a musou for platforming.

Shadow Hog

Oct 26, 2017
Personally I'd see if there's a way to mod the game to not change the music track at all, but I don't know how feasible that is.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It might actually be possible these days, there's been a small resurgence in SA PC modding now that everyone can be unified on a single version of the game with the mod installer.

Actually making such a thing is beyond me.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just ran through Adventure 2 again. A mess of a game, but it's "fun" and the Last Story never ceases to be kinda hype.

Shadow should've stayed dead fam.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
time to pull up those old "SADX PC with and without Dreamcast mods" comparisons I made for that thread on the Old Forum

HgyHH6f.jpg

UYZgSJR.jpg

wFdjWck.jpg

UI4Jzeo.jpg

Se7CuEn.jpg

NBiLYz8.jpg

qX1tQnd.gif
pPHwiBd.gif

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
There's nothing really offensive about it. It just...is.
It's so similar to my experience with Lost World, it's not a glitchy mess, it's clean looking, it has a solid gameplay base but the level design just kinda flops.
I just played Aqua Road and what the shit was that? so many stages are like "awww we're finally heating up and...oh it's over"

Perhaps just a side effect of Sonic team being middling at level design right now but this really seems like one of the kids. Maybe in this second half of the game I'll start hitting Lost World style clusterfuck design to bring some fake difficulty in.

AGGRESSIVELY MEDIOCRE is right.

Post a picture of your bird buddy, friend Owl
For now I have some Edgey Bear, hopefully some clothing parts will allow me to complete his transition to BIONIC BEAR.
When the bird is eventually made, I will bless you all with its presence.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It's so similar to my experience with Lost World, it's not a glitchy mess, it's clean looking, it has a solid gameplay base but the level design just kinda flops.
I just played Aqua Road and what the shit was that? so many stages are like "awww we're finally heating up and...oh it's over"

I feel bad for the sound team. There's some bangers in there that get cut off by the short ass levels. Network Terminal 1 whyyyyy

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
What we should've realised is that the music teasers from Sonic youtube were actually accurate to the snippet you'd hear in game.

Also, one unexpected plus to Forces Classic Sonic, it has the freakin' drop dash!

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Everyone, meet my OC Buddy the Bird.

qr74o9a.jpg

He's a dedicated resistance fighter that will fight evil at all costs. He hopes that proving his loyalty to the cause will get him closer to Sonic, who he wishes to lovingly dissect. Buddy would like nothing more than to show the world that Sonic is just as beautiful on the inside as he is on the outside.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I was trying out the Adventure mod shown above (I chose to like keep the model of DX but the textures of Dreamcast Adventure since the model is honestly better in the remaster). It in general looks a lot better than DX graphics which is kinda crazy, but all the proof art style is king. Here are some pics of Sonic I took. No more shiny Sonic.

image.png

znXovV3.jpg

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Yeah I was trying out the Adventure mod shown above (I chose to like keep the model of DX but the textures of Dreamcast Adventure since the model is honestly better in the remaster). It in general looks a lot better than DX graphics which is kinda crazy, but all the proof art style is king. Here are some pics of Sonic I took. No more shiny Sonic.

image.png

znXovV3.jpg
Wow, that looks gorgeous. Way better than whatever the hell they did with the DX model.

Oct 25, 2017

image.png

znXovV3.jpg
I think I still prefer the Dreamcast model because of the difference in Sonic's proportions and the shape of his spines, but yeah this looks really good and way better than the shite original PC and GC versions.