• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
Hai!

I didn't expect to be greeted here before I even made my first post, but I'm not complaining! I've seen my work appear on SonicEra, as well as ResetEra as a whole, but it was always frustrating to not be able to properly respond to the concerns people had in their feedback. I didn't have a proper email yet, but I do now, so I figured the time was right to hop on the ResetEra/SonicEra train. <3

Enough about me, though. I'd rather talk about that Sonic Forces script leak. It's...interesting, but I haven't really looked into it much. Not that I expect any, but has anyone on the Sonic PR team, or at SEGA as a whole, commented on the script?

As far as I've seen, the only comment was in response to Windii's claim that Ian Flynn may have penned a draft for the game that was ignored in favor of someone in-house at Sonic Team in Japan. To which Flynn himself replied, "No, that never happened."

Whether or not he's telling the truth is a bit of a different matter, I guess. If he feels like he's in close to work with them again, of course he'd tow their line and deny writing an unused script for Sonic Forces. But Windii admits that information came second hand and may just be weird, unverified conjecture, so even she isn't standing by it 100%.

I have heard rumblings from people "in the know" that the leaked Forces script seems legit, however, as there are terms that line up with early information they had heard about the game (particularly the Phantom Ruby being referred to as a device known as the "Valtron"). I trust them, so I think the script is probably the real deal.

Deleted member 25140

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

This movie had one of the secret best soundtracks, I actually really like the Sonic OVA in general tbh, I wouldn't have minded if the characters from there had crossed over into the main games at all.

Randomly found this on Twitter as well, thought it was cool

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
As far as I've seen, the only comment was in response to Windii's claim that Ian Flynn may have penned a draft for the game that was ignored in favor of someone in-house at Sonic Team in Japan. To which Flynn himself replied, "No, that never happened."

Whether or not he's telling the truth is a bit of a different matter, I guess. If he feels like he's in close to work with them again, of course he'd tow their line and deny writing an unused script for Sonic Forces. But Windii admits that information came second hand and may just be weird, unverified conjecture, so even she isn't standing by it 100%.

I have heard rumblings from people "in the know" that the leaked Forces script seems legit, however, as there are terms that line up with early information they had heard about the game (particularly the Phantom Ruby being referred to as a device known as the "Valtron"). I trust them, so I think the script is probably the real deal.

I'm willing to believe that the script is real, but I see no reason as to why Sonic Team or Sega of Japan would let Ian Flynn write up a potential script for their next game. Outside of Japan, Ian is wildly considered to be one of the better writers to have a shot at making Sonic stories but I doubt Sonic Team themselves have much of a connection with Flynn and probably don't care about a westerner's take on Sonic.

This movie had one of the secret best soundtracks, I actually really like the Sonic OVA in general tbh, I wouldn't have minded if the characters from there had crossed over into the main games at all.

Randomly found this on Twitter as well, thought it was cool

Sarah aside, the OVA is easily the best animated take on the Sonic franchise, though that's not saying much. It has some pretty great highs and the character animation, while sometimes cheap, is full of character.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Some other stuff lines up with what I heard a year or so before Forces launched too, so I believe the script leak. I think it has been pretty common knowledge for awhile that SEGA America in particular has been heavily changing the path of the franchise for awhile too.

Anyways, on the topic of the OVA this new episode of Sonic Mania Adventure is loaded with references to it. Love it!

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how long this Sonic Birthday stream has been going on but they just announced Team Rose for Team Sonic Racing, with a twist
Amy
Big
CHAO (Chao, Dark Chao, Hero Chao, and OMOCHAO, in THE CHAOMOBILE)

Junny baby is back for music

OP
OP
Professor Beef

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
We have a new Sonic Cake image now

DgWxqp1UEAAycmT.jpg

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I like that the roster caught us off guard with where it would go and be, but the Chao together is so impossibly stupid. I hated this crap when it was the Chu Chus (which were not featured in the game themselves, they were only part of the damn manuals) and it is just as dumb here. It is honestly so much worse when you consider Omochao is probably just straight up the most hated Sonic character in the franchise's history too.

I still have my fingers crossed that the last set of characters will be Nack, Bean and Bark but it is probably going to be those stupid alien birds or something.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to burst your bubble.

That's not in the game, some guy in the 4chan sonic thread makes fakes.

On another note, every year i'm reminded that My mom and sonic the hedgehog have the same birthday

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
ANYWAY, to get past any dumb 4chan meme, any wanna take a guess to the final 6 characters or groups in the game?

I have a feeling that Eggman and Metal Sonic at least will be playable. Maybe the Chaotix will be in a group like the Chao, with the same can be said for Babylon Rogues and Blaze+Silver.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want Blaze if she's just gonna be tied down to a dumbass tbh

if they really have to, they should pair her with the superior friend, Marine the Raccoon

Last edited:

TSSZNews

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Team Rose pretty much seals the remaining base slots IMO.

You'll almost certainly have a Team Chaotix with Vector, Espio, and Charmy.

And then to round out Team Eggman it's probably Metal and either Orbot/Cubot or Infinite.

Given the mechanics of this game, you really need more than 15. Makes sense why they're doing that, however, if everyone's getting a voice.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you getting charmy,

The last team has to be eggman which sucks

I don't want Blaze if she's just gonna be tied down to a dumbass tbh

if they really have to, they should pair her with the superior friend, Marine the Raccoon
Are you like the only person in the world that likes Marine over anyone?

Also Marine is probably a dead meme. The concept of her world and Eggman nega might be all that exists. Hope you like sticks, you totally are getting sticks

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is the last two teams are as follows:

Team Blaze: Blaze, Silver, Cream
Team Chaotix: Espio, Vector and Charmy

Omitting Cream from Team Rose seems weird to me unless they have plans for her elsewhere. Also, considering how Team Chaotix was just in Sonic Forces, I don't seem them getting dumped at the moment either. I kind of suspect Eggman wont be part of the base slots. He'll either be an NPC in the game as a boss battle, or a hidden unlock able at best.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are you like the only person in the world that likes Marine over anyone?

Also Marine is probably a dead meme. The concept of her world and Eggman nega might be all that exists. Hope you like sticks, you totally are getting sticks
Perfect way to round out the team

Blaze for Speed, Marine for Technical, Sticks for Power

Silver can stay home in his perpetually shitty future

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
The last team has to be eggman which sucks
Impossible, a team that features the best character in the franchise can't suck.

Omitting Cream from Team Rose seems weird to me unless they have plans for her elsewhere. Also, considering how Team Chaotix was just in Sonic Forces, I don't seem them getting dumped at the moment either. I kind of suspect Eggman wont be part of the base slots. He'll either be an NPC in the game as a boss battle, or a hidden unlock able at best.
Cutting out Eggman from the roster would be a even stranger move than removing Cream from Team Rose. He's not only been playable racing character since the first Sonic Drift, he's also been a playable character in the other All-Star spinoff All-Star Tennis. Him being a "secret" unlockable character is a possibility.

...or they could just have a Team Eggman and save Blaze and Silver as "unlockable" or DLC.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
mods? Delete this page

Impossible, a team that features the best character in the franchise can't suck..

Let me be clear here.

I like eggman. He's cool and funny and a character who has survived the uh recent changes in "characterization " more than others.

That said, I would much rather he be a secret 16th unlockable character with the " boss " car that can switch between modes before a race, rather than a character with a team, because that team can suck. It could have infnite and fucking zavok on it

oh god having infinite would be worth it alone just to hear him out-edge shadow during the race
Nah because that confirms infnite didn't go back to his home planet at the end of forces.

Then again one of the guys writing these games seems to want to keep bringing mephilies back according to the script of forces, so I guess i'm just never safe.

Perfect way to round out the team

Blaze for Speed, Marine for Technical, Sticks for Power

Silver can stay home in his perpetually shitty future

If I may ask, why aren't you fond of silver, there good reasons to not be fond of him, I'm just asking which one.

Cream is grounded for saying Fuck
Shadow is a bad influence.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You suggest Zavok on Eggman's team as if Metal Sonic ain't right there

If I may ask, why aren't you fond of silver, there good reasons to not be fond of him, I'm just asking which one.
I hate the way he's written and used more than the character himself; that goes for most of the cast I don't care for. But I definitely don't like that they put him with Blaze and that stuck. Blaze was cooler doing her own thing before being associated with discount Future Trunks'

I almost called him Booster Gold but man that would be a much more interesting direction for Silver

Village

Oct 25, 2017
You suggest Zavok on Eggman's team as if Metal Sonic ain't right there

I don't trust sega

I hate the way he's written and used more than the character himself; that goes for most of the cast I don't care for. But I definitely don't like that they put him with Blaze and that stuck. Blaze was cooler doing her own thing before being associated with discount Future Trunks'

I almost called him Booster Gold but man that would be a much more interesting direction for Silver

I think the best version of silver exists in evan stanley's mind, but outside of that. Yeah in the game he debuted in , he literally does nothing gets rewarded for it and his only claim to fame is removing blaze from her own reality to hang out with him and having shadow solve his problems for him and then being framed as some hero after that. As of currently he doesn't have much of a characterization, and while he's not the most popular character in the world, it kind of confuses me why much of anyone likes him at all.

I think whats worse is that it didn't stick, it only sorta stuck. Blaze is no longer from the future, or at least the same one silver is from. However, her world characters like marine have just been MIA even in side material like the comics, and sega by Ian's own suggestion seemed to kind of just not have any idea ( or care ) to so anything with that, but restricted what he could do. So you know, she is doing her thing, I don't know if we will ever see that thing again though.

Sega has a habit of just sticking female characters to male characters as sort of "side kick " characters that remove agency that isn't...the best.

So yeah that's also bad

In terms of characterization, I would prefer they go with evan stanleys' interpretation that I believed spawned from a fanfic she wrote and drew before writing for sega and doing art for them officially. The fanfiction ... isn't good, for multiple reasons that fanfictions often are not good. And has bad versions of almost every character invovled , but silver is pretty good and I hope that bleeds into the official material more.

Last edited:

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Cutting out Eggman from the roster would be a even stranger move than removing Cream from Team Rose. He's not only been playable racing character since the first Sonic Drift, he's also been a playable character in the other All-Star spinoff All-Star Tennis. Him being a "secret" unlockable character is a possibility.

...or they could just have a Team Eggman and save Blaze and Silver as "unlockable" or DLC.

Normally I'd agree, but the only reason I'm kind of hesitant for this game is because it places such an emphasis on the team aspect, and Eggman isn't much of a team player. (Although you could easily put him on a team with Metal Sonic and Orbot/Cubot and have the "team work" be him bossing everyone around.) The more I think about it though, the more I suspect he's probably going to just be an unlock that you get for beating whatever story mode they introduce like in Transformed.